Ratings for Dr. Alejandra Marin

I have known Dr Marin for so many years and I can honestly say that there is no more compassionate, thorough, caring and knowledgeable physician. She goes above and beyond her oath as a doctor to care for her patients. My parents are under her care and I rest assured that they could not be in better hands. I highly recommend Dr Marin! You will not be in more capable, professional and devoted hands than hers!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2019

I just received notice that effective immediately Dr. Marin will be reducing her practice to 1/2. Due to wanting to make more memories with her young children at home. I respectfully understand that it is her perogative to take time off with her family and even reduce her practice, however the issue I take is giving absolutely no notice what so ever. I have been at this practice for going on 30yrs. I was a patient of Dr Hosdil before she retired, and then transferred into EWFHT. This letter that was sent said Dr Marin will transfer her patients that she no longer WANTS to a Dr in ERIN. Only 40min down the road…..do big deal right!!!!!!!! Why could she not have given 3mth notice – seeing as this isn’t a life threatening illness but just simply a choice that she is making to Play with her kids and Make memories!!! And perhaps give a few Dr. names and numbers in Guelph who are accepting NEW patients. So unprofessional!! So disappointing

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

Dr Marin has always been very attentive to my concerns and provided me with answers to my questions and supported me in a very holistic, compassionate way. I feel very lucky to have such a great Dr!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I had the same Doctor for 30 years in Rockwood. When it went to the family health team I was transferred to Dr Marin. She did not seem to any human compassion for her patients. I went to 3 different appointments from Guelph and when I got there was told that she was not in due to illness. I saw a big change in her after she returned to work after having a baby. When they transferred from the small building to the new one 30 years of my medical records were lost. When without a vehicle I was unable to go to an appointment and the next time I went to see her she brought me into the office and told me I was fired without asking me a single question as well as without refills of medication I take on a daily basis for auto immune disease. When I collected my thoughts that day I called the office to speak to someone about what my options are I was told they could not speak to me as I had already been removed from the system and was no longer a patient.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Disappointed! Complete lack of empathy. Dismissed any info I had on the possible cause. Immediately jumped to the conclusion of mental health issues when I clearly explained my reasoning for being there. ( definite physical symptoms) Scoffed and devalued natural medicine. Clearly doesn't appreciate patient having questions or doing any prior research on symptoms. Hopefully just a bad day...

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

My family and I have been with Dr. Marin since 2009. At first, when the clinic first opened, Dr. Marin was very good and her staff were courteous and friendly. 5 years later, the staff is rude and Dr. Marin doesn't seem to care about the patients anymore. We are now looking for another family doctor.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Best gp i've ever had! She really cared about me and my isuues! I highly recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr Marin would not see me at all when I complained of severe stomach pain in November. It is now June and she still will not help. When I contact her, she doesn't care and has scolded me for not wanting to see a doctor that I was advised not to. She is extremely rude and when I brought up being harassed at work she talked over me and ignored me. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Marin is simply remarkable. Afer having the same Family GP for 40 years I am very impressed with Dr.Marin. Highly recommend...

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

Alejandra in my opinion, is the smartest and best doctor I have ever found. She has helped me incredibly with my depression and mental issues. It is evident this woman chose her career to help people, and not in for the money. She came and visited me at the hospital when I was hospitalized for a few days. Now, that is remarkable : )

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012