Dr. Craig Layt

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Craig Layt

I wouldn’t normally write a review in this way however I’m finding some of the comments made on here to be quite offensive, not just to Dr Layt but also to the people who wisely left their enhancements in his more than capable hands. Some comments are so outrageously wrong that I wondered if there was actually two Dr Layts. Some are just plain stupid. Some are just sabotage or both. One from a lady(?) who came on a medical review site to complain about emails:misspelt words and badly written. The complaint itself contains misspelt words and bad comprehension. A considence maybe??? I first saw Craig about ten years ago. After a lot of research by both myself and my daughter we decided on three surgeons to consult with. Both of us agreed that on resume Craig was number 1 and a personal dislike by either of us would not be considered as liking the man and trusting the surgeon are totally seperate things. At the first consultation while speaking to Craig he told me that the consult was as much for him to decide if he wanted to do my surgery as for me to decide if I wanted him to do my surgery. I was sold. In that instant I was 100% decided. If his reputation was worth that much to him then no matter he would take care of my surgery as that is his reputation. I was also allowing the surgeon to enhance my daughter so yes I was being hyper vigilant about it all. I had my breasts lifted and filled out my tummy tucked some lipo and laser. The only recommendation Craig added was to fill my lips. How right he was. He went to great lengths to explain to me what was involved and what outcomes I could expect. He warned me in detail that there would be quite a scar from the tummy tuck and I would not like it. He was, again, right but I did have it tattooed over so problem, solution easy. As with me, he would not have been pointing out to that woman’s daughter what else was wrong with her. Only highlighting how minute changes can alter an appearance and you end up with more features that your not happy with rather than just one. I personally don’t feel the daughters confidence would have been gained by a surgery. Confidence is a state of mind, not a physical feature. Well that’s my opinion. I basically have not worn a bra since my lift. Craig has achieved where nature couldn’t. Large breasts that are defying gravity. As a surgeon he is amazing. I recently decided that as I was approaching the big 50 I would would like to do it with enhancements as I wasn’t a big user of cleansers, moisturisers etc and I felt I had let myself go. Even as a return client it took four months to get a consult, so no, not a con as has been suggested, you were just lucky. I went with a fairly long list of things I wanted to have done. Face lift lipo lips filled eye lift eyebrow lift, I don’t do things by half and I hate anesthetiser so just felt it was now or never. Craig wrote his list of what he was prepared to do. Not nearly as long as mine and there was no budging him. He agreed to fill my lips. He wouldn’t do an eye lift but would remove skin from my hooded eyelids. He also agreed to filling my cheeks so my face would have a fuller appearance. Out of all the surgery I asked for that’s all he agreed to. Does that really sound like a greedy surgeon only looking out for himself. Trying to get more surgery out of clients. No it doesn’t does it. Craig is a remarkable surgeon and I would trust him completely. Even though Craig said no to the other things I wanted I would never even think to consult another surgeon. If somebody is coming near my body with a scalpel his name better be Dr Craig Layt from the Southport clinic or its not going to end well, for said person with scalpel. As a man Craig is ethical. Unusual in the beauty industry. His work with other surgeons to make available cheaper options than overseas surgery is a proof of that. Spending his time to help clients that will never put a dollar in his pocket. Greedy. No. At no stage did Craig ever bad mouth another surgeon. He did explain the difference between cosmetic surgeon and plastic surgeon. Something I’m thankful for and something he is passionate about. Not to gain a higher percent of the market but so people know exactly what qualifications the person operating on them have. Maybe some people cannot understand when they are being told things or are just looking for something, anything to complain about. If so and that’s the best you’ve found then well done you Craig. Arrogant lol. I had expected arrogance from a highly skilled reputable plastic surgeon. I didn’t get it. He was friendly and witty and so down to earth. I’ve experienced more arrogance from waiters and sales people. Inappropriate. Ha. He talks of his wife and children. His wife is often at the clinic. The practice Facebook shows how loving and happy he and his wife are. Hardly the actions of a man who is inappropriate. cont. . Susan Stewart

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

My 18 year old daughter recently underwent a breast reduction with Dr Layt at Pacific Private Hospital. I cannot fault the professionalism from Dr Layt and his wonderful team. From the moment we visited his Southport practice, we felt incredibly comfortable and knew her operation would be a success. I would highly recommend Dr Layt and would not hesitate to visit again.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

Two successful procedures this year to remove melanomas from my forehead. Could not be happier. You can hardly tell after such invasive surgery. I can only speak very highly of Dr. Layt. He has surrounded himself with the most professional staff who with great care organised every step of my journey. Thank you. Thank you. John Sharp - Pottsville.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2018

I had my breast lift and implant surgery with Dr Layt in 2013. 5 years later and i am extremely happy with my results. Dr Layt made me feel comfortable and i felt welcomed whenever i had to visit the clinic. Highly recommend The Layt Clinic for both for surgical and non surgical treatments.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2018

Will gladly take your money and rubbish other surgeons. Tries to go on about how great he is and that his fees reflect how booked out he is. His before and afters are ordinary but will continue to brag about how skilled he is. He is arrogant and motivated by his own ego.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

I came to see dr layt after breast feeding for 20 months. He helped me regain fullness and shape in my breasts and get my confidence back. Three years later and I love my breasts! My experience was flawless- very happy!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

Had surgery with Dr Layt over a month ago. Highly skilled surgeon who goes above and beyond for his patients. Cannot speak highly enough of his staff and the care they provide.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

I have had two treatments for prp. What a fantastic treatment! It made me feel great and the results were wonderful . I was left with softer skin and my wrinkles and fine lines are now less visible.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

Have had a breast augmentation with Craig and love everything about him and his team, the procedure, follow up... have continued to use him and his practice for much more!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Took my 17 year old daughter for a consult re rhinoplasty. Dr Layt addressed that and then proceeded to point out what else was wrong with her face and what he could do to fix it. Not the kind of thing a teen who has been teased about her nose wants to hear. We left with her in tears and didn't go back. He may be a great surgeon but pretty tactless in his consult.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

Dr. Craig Layt's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Queensland Medical School (Grad. 1988)

• past President of The Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)