Ratings for Dr. Gert Tollesson

Thank you to all the staff & Gert . I am finally able to go about a normal day without the use of pain killers.What an amazing difference with better movement after a fusion than I had previously from a laminectomy.. I was belated when Gert said" I can fix u ." For those considering a fusion it is a long road to recovery but the benifits are well worth it .

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

He saved my sons life. Glad he used stealth assist as he has huge hands. Good bless those hands

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

An outstanding and caring surgeon. Can we clone him? Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr Gert Tollesson is simply one of the warmest and sincerest Neurosurgeons I've had the pleasure of meeting. His bedside manner is calm and friendly. He makes you feel as though you are his only patient and he's an exceptionally skilled neurosurgeon. He sets an incredibly high standard that quite frankly and sadly puts many medical professionals to shame. He was meticulous during the surgery and the outcome superb. Dr Tollesson my wife and I cannot thank you enough. You're decades of study, specialist training and time away from your family are monumental sacrifices. Please know that we are eternally grateful for your dedication and care during a dark period in our lives. You are a wonderful man. Thank you. John Jennings

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Dr Gert Tollesson is absolutely amazing and changed my life for the absolute best. Having fused my neck at c5c6+c6c7 after my artery was being pinched and already having both shoulders, both elbows and both wrists operated on after a ladder slip on a naval ship, I am now the fittest that I have ever been, I can now weight train a nd have recently conquered the pyramid climb in Cairns. Doc Tollesson you are an awesome and amazing Neurosurgeon - well done. I have no hesitation in recomending you to my colleagues in similar circumstances.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Had L5 s1 L4 L3 multi-fusion and still in severe pain and now seems very un interested in my care. Answers text msg during my appt which I found very unprofessional after being recommenend him as myself and other friends have all had failed results in the spinal fusions and left unable to work!!

Submitted July 26, 2016

Great Doctor, helpful and the staff are great. I have recommended many people to this Doctor because of how much the staff look after you.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

I happily would...and do recommend Dr Gert Tollesson to my family and friends. I was unable to sit without severe pain for a very long time. Dr Tollesson fully explained his findings and I underwent further investigations to confirm these findings. I am now over six months into my recovery and my life has returned to "normal". Thank you to Dr Tollesson.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Since 1989 I had suffered severe sciatic nerve and back pain and by Aug '14 aged 65, I could hardly walk. My Dr recommended Dr Tollesson who was highly experienced in Spinal Surgery. When I saw him, he said with utmost sincerity " I can help you " and that was all I wanted to hear. I had Spinal Fusion Surgery S1-L5 and to this day I am mostly pain free except for the little bit of sciatic pain I get ( from doing something I shouldn't ) by far, out weights the severe pain I was suffering all those years, because I was afraid. I would highly recommend this caring, brilliant surgeon. Thank you to Dr Tollesson for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

IF it was not for Dr. Tollesson's expertise in brain surgery, my son would be long dead by now. My son has GBM (grade 4 brain cancer). Dr. Tollesson emergency operated on my son from 9 PM to 1 AM,after another surgeon in another hospital told us "she would not operate on the weekends, as she preferred to operate with her team" We can not speak more highly about Dr. Tollesson and his office staff. They are always very helpful and friendly, nothing seems to be to much trouble.Endless forms for insurances and other specialists are filled in promptly and returned in no time. His knowledge in his field is second to none , and he takes lots of time with the patient and family to answer all the questions. We only can recommend him very highly and we are so happy, that we have found him when we did.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

Dr. Gert Tollesson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Gert Tollesson is an Adult and Paediatric Neurosurgeon at Brain and Spine Surgery Queensland.

• English