Ratings for Dr. Craig Stewart

I would NEVER go back! I actually found the staff to be fine, not overly helpful, but definitely not rude. I went to see him after a nodule was found on my thyroid and I developed a hoarse voice. Went to see him based on a referral from an edocrinologist and I found him to be very dismissive. He was much more focused on his iPad than on me. I explained my symptoms and he seemed to decide that I had GERD, even though I don't experience heartburn or reflux in anyway, and just suffer from a hoarse voice (all day long, not just in the morning like GERD sufferers). I eat spicy food so clearly I must have GERD. Went to do the nasal exam and I indicated that I needed a sip of water before hand. He scoffed like "hah, you need water"?? Once he was done he said he saw no reason for my voice which caused me to think that it was all in my head. Insisted it was GERD. Said the nodule couldn't possibly have anything to do with it. Sent me for a chest x-ray and an upper GI test. At no point in time did he request a follow-up. Fast forward 4 months, and thankfully I was persistent or else I never would have confirmed the fact that my (still) hoarse voice is in fact due to the thyroid nodule. Free or not, I would never see this man again.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

I saw Dr. Stewart 2 years while in hospital. He was curt, pleasant enough. His presence was brief and superficial. Very little interaction. If I didn't ask questions, he would not have provided any details. Thinking back, did I ask all the questions? How does someone know what to ask? Common medical information should have been relayed by him without me having to probe. Forward 2 years later, need a follow up. The office line is rarely answered. The answering machine tells you not to leave a message, as they WILL NOT call back. They also state that they can cancel an appointment WITHOUT NOTICE. ??! Who does that? The office only operates certain days of the week. They close at 4.? Don't they know people work and cancelling an appointment without notice is just plain disrespectful. The receptionist hung up the first time instead of putting the call on hold. The second successful time, she was defensive and rude. The medical system is such that you have little choice but to see a doctor that may not be your first choice. As time and urgency is a factor, will follow up with him. But also getting a referral for another specialist as already this doctor and his staff leave a bad taste in my mouth (pun intended)

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Dr Craig Stewart and his staff are very unconcerned about patients. Dr Stewart only concern is typing away on his ipad. Does not listen to patient's concern. Prescribed a nose spray for an 11 year old - no reason told why. Just use for 3 months straight. After one month this patient experienced excessive nose bleeding. Pharmacist advised to stop using and go back to prescribing doctor. After multiple phone calls and messages, finally got through to receptionist who asked doctor if he will check patient- of-course it was a blunt no. He said come after you finish the other two tests which were almost 6 six months away. Ok now the other two tests were done - one is Sept and the other December 2017. As of April 2018, patient is still waiting to hear from Dr Stewart for follow up. Called office again multiple times before I got someone. She checked the reports and with doctor while I was on phone. Came back to tell me that the doctor said he does not have to see him back cause he does not have sleep apnea. Really? What about the other test you made this patient did? This was not what he said initially. We were suppose to meet after the tests and then make a decision. Mind you while talking to receptionist she disconnected me as she was scared because the doctor was around......really? Ok so then by end of the week after this last call- there was a message on my phone to get another referral from my family doctor to come back and see him. Message was that there was a need to do follow up - as per request from the sleep clinic doctor....after 4 months! This was not good service from both doctor and his office staff. Clearly he does not put patients first.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

I think dr stewart is amazing . went to him for my daughter who broke her nose .. He always listened to my concerns i would Definetly go back .

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Very rude and unprofessional. We went for ENT appointment and he only checked ear😠..he didn't do his job ..looks like working for money only.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

An absolute awful experience and would not recommend Dr.Stewart to anyone ever. He is rude, unprofessional and is so busy writing his notes he doesn't listen. He is abrasive and yelled at me during the testing. He yelled at his staff on the 2 occasions I was there which is probably why his staff look so unhappy. Absolutely awful experience!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

Dr Stewart is very polite, knowledgeable, well mannered and helpful. 😩😩 BUT His STAFF is extremely Rude.They never answer the phone unless you keep calling again and again. THEY NEVER CALL YOU Back but say so, even if you have an emergency. My son got Bad ear infection. i Went to walk in clinic, got medicine. But still not working out and infection got worse. Called Dr stewart office, staff said they will ask doctor and call you back end of the day. But they Called me after 3 days.😨😨😨And Even went to hospital, doc said i will give u prescripion, but if nothing get better Go straight to your ENT. and still calling DR STEWART OFFICE, BUT STAFF IS NOT RESPONDING first to my calls since afternoon. and after so many calls they said they will get back to me asap. But STILL NO clue. i dont know what they get paid for. its been more than a year i am with doctor. but staff is still with bad service. I am surprised dont they feel ashamed after so many complaints. Even whrn you go there, and talked to other patients they had the same problem. it is not happened once but so many times. The only thing WÈ All come back to you doctor STEWART beacuse YOU ARE very nice and genourous and knowledgeable.TO YOUR SURPRISE DR STEWART you really need to change staff or teach them how to deal with PATIENTS ( WITH POLITENESS AND SYMPATHY AND WITH ETTIQUETES ) WE HOPE AS A GOOD DOCTOR YOU WILL LOOK INTO THIS MATTER ASAP.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Time to retire this office. Nothing but a way for them to bill OHIP. Not interested in solving problems.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Very unprofessional office. I went in for my 2.5 year old ears the staff was very rude they even kicked me out of the office into the hallway because my son started crying when we arrived. Every person in that office gave attitude these people are not professionals at all would not recommend them (rolling eyes, huffing at you, responding with attitude/ not responding at all). I am extremely disappointed and will not go there again.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!! MAY I SUGGEST ANYONE ELSE THEN HIM.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018