Ratings for Dr. Balbir S. Minhas

The office is wonderful. All the employees are caring and the doctor is excellent!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

My name is Estelle Goodson. I sent a letter to my G I doctor, Dr. Minhas at his office located at 1Wellness Blvd Irmo S.C. off of St. Andrews road. I wrote Dr.Minhas Three letters with no result and finally ending up in civil court, because I did not have a lawyer and an expert witness.Therefore I am responsible for not only paying Dr.Minhas for the colonoscopy but also $5,600.00 to my dentist for the repair of my teeth that were knocked out during this procedure. I tried to talk to Dr. Minhas about this, even to the point of settling with his office to pay just half of my dental repair bill. Even that would have been better than nothing at all, but that too was to no avail. I went to Dr. Minhas’ facility to have a procedure performed for the betterment of my health; I put myself in the health professional’s care trusting that they would be responsible and professional in their job. However I left their office more damaged than I came in with through no fault of my own.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Dr. Minhas began an upper endoscopy procedure on me before the anesthesia took effect. It was one of the most traumatic events of my life. I had a small piece of bone lodged in my throat (which he was unable to extract), and he was in such a hurry to get through the procedure that he began inserting the large scope down into my throat before my eyes were closed. The nurses had to hold me down onto the bed because I was convulsing and vomiting so violently. I was completely ignored when I tried to request an explanation or discount to my bill. I even wrote a two-page letter and have yet to hear a word back. That was 6 months ago. I will never be in the care of this practice again, and I will make sure I have let as many people know as possible so that it doesn't happen to someone else.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011