Ratings for Dr. Shanna Spring

Dr. Spring did an excellent job at addressing all the concerns I had and was clear and thorough with all the treatment options made available to me. She even went further and discussed possible treatments that are in clinical trials, and gave me contact information to pursue participating in them if I wished to. Ultimately she ended up prescribing medications that catered both to my condition as well as past experiences and concerns with medications I have tried before, and medications that I had trouble adhering to. She was courteous and felt genuinely concerned and continuously custom tailored my treatment options as we discussed my history with my skin condition.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr. Spring was probably the worst dermatologist I've EVER seen. She was unprofessional, insensitive, and made some serious assumptions. I'm a person of colour and I doubt she has limited experience working with darker skin tones (not uncommon in my 13 years of experience seeing dermatologists). I asked my NP to refer me to someone else because I can't collaborate with someone who doesn't want to hear what I have to say about my body... She spoke about herself and her experiences with dermatology, medical school, and living a healthy life.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Dr. Spring was unprofessional and made some very insensitive comments and assumptions about my condition that I've lived with for many years now. She brushed it off as nothing too serious, something that she couldn't help me with because many of the treatments are not effective, even though I told her what had worked for me in the past. She said I should try to get some sun and treat it myself.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I went to see Dr. Spring with my son. She was very patient and calm and explained things well to my son and myself. She was very attentive and spent a lot of time with us. She even had a toy frog that kept my son entertained. We had to wait 15mins in the waiting room, but thats expected and we did come at the end of the day.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Good experience with Dr. Spring. Very helpful and kind. My issue has caused me some large grief and she was very patient listening to my story and once I started the treatment the condition improved markedly. Thanks~

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

I was very unimpressed with Dr. Spring. She was very unsure of what my skin condition was and brushed it off as being nothing serious. She seemed immature and poorly experienced in her field. Is she even old enough to be a Doctor?? She looks about 19. I would not recommend her to anyone. Go to a walk-in clinic, as I am sure whatever doctor you have will do a better job.

Submitted February 9, 2011

Dr. Shanna Spring's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2009)