Ratings for Dr. Karen Stancer

Dr. Stancer is great. She has a nice demeanour and is very knowledgable. I have no complaints about her. The problem is in order to get to see her you have to go through a horribly rude receptionist. I've never been treated so terribly in my life and I don't know how she keeps her job. She's a horrid woman. I'm not going to mince words. I suppose it's somewhat of an argument for privatized health care (not that I support it), but if I were paying out of my own pocket no business would ever have front desk staff like this--they would get no patients.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2018

Excellent treatment from Dr Stancer- is very knowledgeable and takes time with patients

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

Horribly rude staff at worst/indifferent at best. Doctor seems disorganized/befuddled/uncertain. Clinic itself is very ‘rough around the edges’ and medical records not computerized.....piles of papers/reports/tests in thick files. Discouraging and disheartening experience. Looking for new doctor.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Dr Stancer has to be one of the most compassionate and competent people I know. It is such a shame that we have to deal with the rude, ignorant reception team. I have to brace myself for an encounter with them every time. I am not sure what motivates this team to feel that they want to treat people so badly. I hope they understand that when someone needs to see a doctor the last thing they need is to be made to feel worthless. Maybe if they experimented with a little kindness and civility here and there, there day would improve too. If there workload is too high, that needs to be addressed, if the clients are rude to them that needs to be addressed but none of that gives them the right to be so awful to patients. Most of the comments below talk about this team negatively. Something must be done. No one deserves to be treated with such disrespect.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Although her staff may seem like the Seinfield Soup N azi, I find her receptionist kind of endearing because she doesn’t take bull from nobody! I imagine dealing with people in this city require a no nonsense type of women. Karen on the other hand is the best doctor I’ve ever had. Very kind, thorough, and will make great referrals to some of the best specialists in town.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I have seen Dr Stancer since 2012. She has been very helpful. I feel empathy for the front staff and I don't treat anyone badly, please and thank you. I agree they are busy also no matter how busy try to stop and sip some water and ignore the rudeness of others and let go of these things as it is not about right and wrong. However they know who is calling and they will hang up. They also recently told me Dr. Stancer was away so I waited patiently. When I saw her this week she said she wasn't away and I should've come in sooner. This type of communication is difficult and tiresome. I am looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

I have nothing bad to say about Dr.Stancer. She is has been a great doctor to me and my daughter. I am also here to speak of the unreal attitude's of the receptionists. In person or on the phone, its the same curt, cold and very rude demeanour you'll receive from these women. I cannot for the life of me understand how they keep their jobs. As a doctor, I would never have the likes of these women work for me. I also cannot understand why they are so miserable.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Dr. Karen Stancer is a very kind and great doctor. We are so grateful to have her as our Family doctor. However, the receptionist are extremely RUDE and unbelievably unprofessional to clients. They are the ones who cancelled my daughter's appointment but blamed my daughter for cancelling it. They were not nice to her, although this Sandy the rudest one claimed that "that is so incorrect" and denied it. She gave my daughter a nasty look as my daughter left the office, and on a phone with me, she laughed out to me....so disrespectful and rude. She never apologized for their mistake yet she said "well everybody makes a mistake, right?". I called back hoping to talk to my doctor but again, Sandy was very rude and snabby and told me that I would need to make an appointment to talk to my doctor. Horrible people working except all the doctors. Sandy is the worst one. She is the rudest and the most respectful person to clients. It is really too bad that the doctor's office has this person working. She brings down the good reputation of doctors by being so rude to their clients. So Sandy is such an embarrassment for this doctor's office

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Very kind, curious, interested in your health, in my opinion. My only negative comment is that she isn't as proactive as my last doctor…i.e. if there's a waiting list, she says you'll just have to wait… my last doctor got on the phone and harangued and harangued to make waiting lists shorter.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Dr. Karen Stancer is the BEST family doctor we've ever had: she is kind, compassionate and an excellent listener. She valued my input on treatment options for the complex autoimmune disease I live with, believed me when I said I needed help (which I don't do easily), and was creative and resourceful in finding out more. She is frank about what she doesn't know, and went the extra mile for me at a conference to consult a specialist (who was able to point us in a helpful direction). My husband really appreciated her open and non-judgmental approach to family wellness; and she was wonderful with our young daughter too. A member of the community, Karen always had a smile and moment to chat when we ran into her buying groceries, or yarn... :) She truly is the 'good old-fashioned' family doctor people used to talk about. We've since moved out-of-province and miss her very much! RE: office staff - those two ladies keep that small, busy place ticking along efficiently by necessity!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014