Ratings for Dr. Karen Stancer

Dr. Karen Stancer is a very kind and great doctor. We are so grateful to have her as our Family doctor. However, the receptionist are extremely RUDE and unbelievably unprofessional to clients. They are the ones who cancelled my daughter's appointment but blamed my daughter for cancelling it. They were not nice to her, although this Sandy the rudest one claimed that "that is so incorrect" and denied it. She gave my daughter a nasty look as my daughter left the office, and on a phone with me, she laughed out to me....so disrespectful and rude. She never apologized for their mistake yet she said "well everybody makes a mistake, right?". I called back hoping to talk to my doctor but again, Sandy was very rude and snabby and told me that I would need to make an appointment to talk to my doctor. Horrible people working except all the doctors. Sandy is the worst one. She is the rudest and the most respectful person to clients. It is really too bad that the doctor's office has this person working. She brings down the good reputation of doctors by being so rude to their clients. So Sandy is such an embarrassment for this doctor's office

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Very kind, curious, interested in your health, in my opinion. My only negative comment is that she isn't as proactive as my last doctor…i.e. if there's a waiting list, she says you'll just have to wait… my last doctor got on the phone and harangued and harangued to make waiting lists shorter.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Dr. Karen Stancer is the BEST family doctor we've ever had: she is kind, compassionate and an excellent listener. She valued my input on treatment options for the complex autoimmune disease I live with, believed me when I said I needed help (which I don't do easily), and was creative and resourceful in finding out more. She is frank about what she doesn't know, and went the extra mile for me at a conference to consult a specialist (who was able to point us in a helpful direction). My husband really appreciated her open and non-judgmental approach to family wellness; and she was wonderful with our young daughter too. A member of the community, Karen always had a smile and moment to chat when we ran into her buying groceries, or yarn... :) She truly is the 'good old-fashioned' family doctor people used to talk about. We've since moved out-of-province and miss her very much! RE: office staff - those two ladies keep that small, busy place ticking along efficiently by necessity!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr. Stancer is friendly and moves quickly to refer me to a specialist when this is what is needed and, I've often gotten these appointments quickly. That's a bonus. There have been times I don't think she is familiar with what my medical history is (I've gone to her for about 2.5 years now) but asks the questions and ultimately informed. I don't use doctors that much, moreso as I get older/.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

Dr Stancer is wonderful. Supportive, kind, knowledgeable and compassionate. I have also complained about the office staff in the past. I was happily surprised on this visit: the person who took my call and made my appointment was wonderful and the woman whom I dealt with on the day was reasonably courteous. Great to see things improving!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

I think everyone agrees Karen is a great family Dr,but I have to take up the cause of the front support staff, those gals are over worked, I think they have learned how to do theirr job with military precision, they don't have time to treat people with kid gloves, every one gets the same treatment, whether it's a cold or cancer.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

I really like Dr. Stancer and she is wonderful with my toddler and supportive of the way I chose to raise her. I do agree that the receptions are difficult to deal with, but I always find that by making an extra effort to be nice and smile, I get better service from them and they are way often much nicer with me.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

I have been going to this clinic for about 14 years and the receptionists are more than rude!!! You can't even post the words to describe their attitude. There is no excuse for the rudeness, no matter how busy they are, everyone gets busy at their jobs, but the difference is they are getting away with treating people like crap!!!!! I have even heard them talking to their employers like that and they stil have their jobs!!! On the other hand, I really like Dr. Stancer, she is very good and always makes time for you and makes sure she has covered everything before you leave. If she is unsure of something, she finds out and gets the job done. Now they just need to do somethign about the RUDE receptionists, it takes more energy to be rude then polite!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

I used to see Dr. Lawson but since she has left I am very happy with Dr. Stancer. Both of them were and are fabulous doctors in there own way. I do agree with the others that ONE of the receptionists is mean and very unhappy most of the time. I have been a patient there for 7 years and have since been treated better by both the receptionists. I look past the one who isnt happy and just know I am there to see Dr. Stancer. It isnt nice to be talked to so condescendingly at times but my reason to be there is to see the Dr. not give two s***s about the front staff.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

As with everyone else on here I agree that the receptionists are AWFUL, rude and downright obnoxious. I hope everyone has complained in someway or another, it is important that the doctors there are aware of their poor staffing choices!!! Dr. Stancer on the other hand is amazing, she is kind and gentle and always attentive and does not rush you (which is probably why you can expect to be waiting for awhile to see her as she tends to run late) She also understands that not all of us can afford the more expensive drugs or medical treatments and is always helpful in reducing costs. Dr. Stancer is the best doctor and I am so glad I am her patient. I believe they are no longer taking new patients though there is a rather long waitlist which you might be able to get on!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012