Ratings for Dr. Craig Young

Office staff worst I have ever encountered. Will mot return.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

There is nothing different than other dentistry offices. I am very disappointed. Services very expensive. Insurance provider said that they charged me 4 times more than industry standards. Indeed the receptionist is rude. I contacted back to cancel future appointment with them and the receptionist didn't bother to ask "why" or "sorry to see you go". I am really sad that I spent so much money on "so called 2 hours appointment" and the expensive x-rays that were above average cost. Also, they don't follow the 2018 Alberta fee guidelines, so expect to pay more from your own packet.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Craig Young's for 20 plus years. I have had everything from routine dental work done through to extensive dental treatment (inlays and a veneer). I value his attention to detail, his extensive (and current) knowledge and his commitment to continuous career development. He sets the bar so high that I have always and will continue to recommended him to all my friends and family. I trust him, and he has a kind nature that listens to your concerns and takes a 'whole health' approach to your care. I have seen Jas for my dental hygiene appointments and she is also an experienced, skilled and knowledgeable Hygienist that you can trust.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I had an appointment yesterday with Dr. Craig Young. He is and has been my dentist for many years. He arrived promptly, was interested in how I was doing, validated, asked questions, maintained eye-contact and focused on the discussion of the task at hand. He ensured my comfort, listened to my concerns and accommodated his approach to reflect same. He was encouraging, validating and understanding over an emotional toll TMJ issues have given. Excellent appointment completed by a skilled, knowledgeable and kind Dentist with lovely young staff. Job well done!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I found out Doctor Young was very active and volunteers with Kids Dentistry However when I phoned for an appointment I was told my only option was to have an initial 2 hour appointment. I have recent x-rays and a complete dental history. All I needed was an initial consult for some expensive dental work that might have brought 1000's to his practice. I don't need a 2 hour appointment nor do I have the time. Beware folks we have a dentist that doesn't think outside of the box bringing into question how innovative or flexible he might be.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Craig is a great dentist and has overall concern for patients overall health. He has excellent mannerism and is very caring. Fees are on the high side and no direct billing. The hygienists are barbaric and not to my liking. The office staff is rude and unapproachable - I can't understand why such a good dentist has such rude staff.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Craig charges $400 up front to become a patient. This does not include x-rays and is only covered by your health care provider max. $100. He looks at your overall health (but not a physician). Staff is always rude and unhappy.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Young since for as long as I can remember and has taken great care of myslef and my family. This care also extends beyond what you'd expect from a dentist. After months of seeing our family doctor (without any success) about some symptoms our daughter was experiencing, he was able to pinpoint these to a possible food sensitivity. We sought treatment through a naturopath doctor and her syptoms were gone in a couple of weeks. I can't say enough about how caring Dr. Young and the hygienists are! However my only complaint is that in recent years, I have found the front staff to be very cold and at times even condesending(hence the low rating in that area). I have been trying to "suck it up" as seeing Dr. Young is well worth it, but it would be a shame for him to lose patients due having bad experiences with the front staff. Hopefully with enough complaints, Dr. Young will be able to fix this, then it would be 5 stars aross the board!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Very poor office staff. If you ask a question you are bothering them. Very cold reception and very poor communications at the front desk. The dentist and his assistants dodnt match the unfriendly office staff he has had working for him for years. Dodnt bother trying to make an appointment. If you ask for a certian date you will not get it. All power and control front desk workers. Not at all trying to meet the needs of the customer. Find a different dentist office to go to where you are respected. You will not get it here.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Fantastic Doctor. Very helpful and knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2012

Dr. Craig Young 's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients