Ratings for Dr. Michael Chorn

Dr. Chorn is nice and friendly but unfortunately, is no different than the average walk-in doctor. I’m extremely upset and disappointed with my visit today. Daughter had sand in her ears and complaining of pain for days. I could see with my home otoscope that it’s stuffed. After waiting at the walk-in clinic for my turn for 2.5 hours, the doctor said best to put olive oil and then come again another day. Told him been waiting for hours and we came to do the ear flushing and would really like to get it done…… he reluctantly agreed half-heartedly. Then, at the first sign of my daughter resisting, he found it an opportunity to escape doing it and said, have 1000’s patient waiting, I wont’ do it. Eventually agreed to continue, she was very cooperative. Then he did it very quickly and checked after and said it’s now perfect and all clear. Went back home and checked and still full of sand!!! Each visit should take up to 15 minutes as per MSP, that’s what they get paid for, but they rush you and want to take no more than 2 minutes for each visit. They get paid the same regardless of whether it takes 2 minutes for 15 minutes. I wish doctors stop treating their patients as an assembly line and respect their patients’ time, instead of only worrying about their own time and profits. They rush their patients into 2 minute visits to see as many patients as possible as quickly as possible to fill their daily cap and move in with their day. He said that her ear is clear and clean when it wasn’t so he can move on to the next patient, when he could have spent another 30 seconds to fully clean it. Now, I have to go through the hassle of seeing another doctor and all the ensuing struggles…take time off work, take my daughter off school and wait for hours for my turn again. I don’t blame the doctors, I blame the system that incentives this behavior as rarly have I had a decent experience at a walk-in clinic.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2019

Dr. Chorn took the time to talk to me about my problems instead of rushing like most of the walk in doctors. It seems like he really cares and hes genuinely a nice person. I usually have anxiety going to the doctors office but he made me feel so comfortable and hes very easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

TI have never seen such a worst doctor. Such doctors are burdening lab facilities by giving unnecessary tests and causing huge cost to BC health system. He has no confidence in diagnosis. I wish if there is zero rating I can assign.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

Worst doctor ever! All the comments below are all lies!!!!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Amazing doctor! Seems genuinely interested in what I had to say. I always make sure that when I go to Old Orchard, he is the doctor that is on that day!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

He is a very patient and amazing doctor. Recommend to everyone, really easy to talk to. Even after I left the room he ran after me and wanted to do a test for diagnostic reasons, never before had I had a doctor care so much about me. I wish he was at old orchard more :p

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Dr.Chorn, one of the most patient, sincere and genuine doctors I have seen. Takes his time to listen and help. Glad to see that there are doctors like him out there.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr Chorn listened to my concerns, asked about past health information and was extremely efficient. Best experience I have had in some time. Wish I could book appointments with him.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

Completely the best experience with a doctor I've had in over a decade. He took GENUINE interest and concern. Actually asked me for clarification on ambiguous wording that I'd used, which I've never had. Most doctors gloss over stuff and dismiss it; he was twice as thorough as the doctors in emergency a few months ago.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

second time I went there..yesterday a waste of time..today Dr Chorn treated an impacted ear with sympathy and professionalism..the problem was cleared and the pain finally stopped. He is terrific.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2013