Ratings for Dr. Sam Hanna

The first thing I said to him was "How are you?" to which he replied, "Better than you..." What kind of a doctor says that?! Showed very little respect and made some pretty rude comments. He spoke to me as if I carry myself with low self-esteem, asking questions like "How miserable are you?" Spoke in a pretty condescending manner and tried to push the expensive medications. Next.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Dr. Hanna is not only extremely skilled he also has an amazing personality. I have been seeing him for over 3 years and it's always a pleasureable experience.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Horrid!! This idiot has no loyalty or compassion for patients whatsoever. Stay away from this money pit. The whole operation is about money and good customer service means NOTHING. My appt was at 11am. Becuz of the crappy TTC (inefficient and delay prone af...) I was a mere 17 min late . The receptionist said she had to ring him for "permission". She came back and said the doc CANT see you today becuz ur past 15 min late deadline. Apparently this is now a policy. She said after 15 min you have to rebook. WTF?? Here I booked this appt 3 weeks prior and becuz of his stupid moronic rule I have to come back several weeks later. Who does this?? Completely pathetic. Not only for the rebook but she swiped my OHIP card on top of this which charges OHIP for the visit when they did NOTHING. Not sure if this is kosher but sure seems kind of fraudulent imo. I finally got to speak to Dr. Hanna. He just rambled a bunch of BS. Basically insinuating if you dont like it - leave. I said it's ironic when I have to wait some 1.5-2hrs when on time yet its fine to diss the patient with no apologies. He said the typical ."...it's my business, my policies, and if you dont like it go somewhere else" attitude. This after 5 yrs as a patient. An absolute horrible customer service person and now a horrible manager who runs the show! Do not choose this doc.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I consider Dr Hanna exercising very good bedside manner to me.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

wait to get in...but he's out in a flash.... as a money factory I'm sure they're very successful.. he did not appear to want to get anywhere near me...he's just in 'n out fast..........

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Waited over 2 hrs for my appointment scheduled for 10.30am. This is ridiculous. 30 min wait time I would consider average for a doctor who's doing their job. Anything over an hour is lack of empathy for the customer. We as patients also have a schedule to follow. Likewise if doctors visited our business and had to wait 2 hrs they would complain, rant, and leave asap. Then to find out via the automated service if you cancel within 24hrs you will be charged 7$5+tx is asinine esp. if you have an emergency. I can tell this place is about the cash and not patients first. Not to mention being rushed out of the appt for someone else. SMH.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Rushes the appointment. Always tries to sell expensive laser treatments.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

Not the best dermo in the city but not the worst either. Consider him average. Great with simple issues... not so much with complex issues. The place is all about busine$$. Everyone is scheduled to the exact 15 min of time. If u exceed this he gets anxious with the "have to go" attitude and leaves u hanging. Wait times to get an appt is pathetic. You have to take the first appt they give and keep calling in everyday to see if there's cancellations to be bumped up. Kind of pathetic. They keep impressing upon patients how terrible OHIP is and how little money they get for repeat patients/follow-ups. He said that's why they have to keep scheduling new patients since they get paid more whilst existing patients get pushed to the end. Hence, the 4-6 week wait time for an appt. Yet they just acquired a new building that's 5000 sq ft that's near $2.5 mil. All about money with these folks.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Dr. Hanna was initially pleasant and appeared well informed. As the appointment continued, I realized he was talking at me instead of with me. He asserted (not shared) his knowledge in way that made me think he only sees things from a narrow medical perspective. He didn't really give me an opportunity to share my thoughts on the subject. I can see why people would like his style, but in my opinion he came across as arrogant and inflexible - two qualities I try to avoid when seeing a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Worst dermatology experience I've ever had. This guy is all about business; actual skin healthcare is not part of the program. Dr. Hanna refused to even consider sending samples to a lab to verify. If you go here, expect to be hit up for some expensive procedure. If you refuse, or even mention OHIP, your time with the doctor will be shorter than your time on the elevator.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016