Ratings for Dr. Gyan Brard

I have seen Dr. Brard for 2 years for Type 2 Diabetes. I'm not looking for a friend, I'm looking for an experienced endocrinologist to help me manage my illness. Dr. Brard is very bright, knowledgeable, and really is paying attention when you visit him. He has helped turn a very bad situation to a better one. Not great yet, but trending that way. I find the office staff to be very good, but his assistants not so much. In fact, bad.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I am a new patient and totally dissatisfied with this doctor. He did not communicate clearly and left a lot of questions so I have called his MA 4 times trying to get some clarification. Very lax in getting back to me. Basic question, and an important one regarding my diabetes has not been answered yet. Asking my PCP for a better referral. Believe the negative online reciews as I would not recommend him or any of the doctors in this practice.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

He doesn't listen to me and is very arrogant. I have so many symptoms that he doesn't even acknowledge or seen to care that I have. It seems I might know more about symptoms of thyroid disease than my Dr??? I guess you don't truly care or understand unless you go through it yourself. I've gone to him for 2 years and I think that's more than fair, I'm moving on. My advise, don't even bother!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Most rude, disrespectful and condescending doctor I have ever met. He treats patients like pieces of meat or should I say dollar signs. He does not care about you. Run from this doctor. I put up with him for 11 years and finally moved on. FYI, I was a cancer patient who lost her thyroid.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr brard looks at labs and doesn't seem to consider symptoms, he over dosed me then pretty much gave up on me. He made me much worse. He seems to only want to deal with simple cases

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

Thanks to his supporting the agressive treatment I researched & asked for, I remain diabetes-free even 20 years after having been identified as being at high-risk. I SO appreciate the efficient way he communicates complex information, collects and processes all the info he needs in order to keep on top of the disease process. For an endo, being a nerd is a good thing! And he pays attention to PLENTY during the appt & exam, which you might not realize he's tuning in on.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Dr Brard is friendly and a great doctor. Lots of people only rate doctors if they dont connect or have a bad experience and that leaves out all of us that have a great experience as I did. He is an AWESOME doc.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

Great bedside manner!! And very polite! At times there has been a wait, but once in the room-things move quickly.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

After waiting an hour and a half past my appointment I finally got to see Dr. Brard. When I told him my symptoms he basically scoffed at what he considred were petty symptoms and said there was nothing he could do for me. He didn't take anything I said seriously which made me want to cry. I waited three months for this appointment and it was a total waste of my time.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

when messages are left for nursing staff, I never have received a call back until I have complained to the office manager. Slow to refill rx at least a 2 day wait not matter how many times or how urgent meds are needed. I have never had a wait time under 30 minutes then you wait in the exam room for another 30 minutes and finally after an hour wait he sees you for 15-20 minutes and then tells you to schedule again in a few months. His office will not allow you to switch Doctors if you wish once you see a Doctor you are stuck with them FOREVER!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

Dr. Gyan Brard's Credentials

• Washington Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63110 (Grad. 1990)

Ameritas