Ratings for Dr. Gert Maree

I was a patient of Dr. Maree's a couple of years ago, when he was still in Swift Current , SK. Dr. Maree is wonderful, the best doctor I ever had, very caring, friendly and knowledgeable. He has great bedside manor and is always polite. The people of Surrey, B.C are very lucky to have him! I'm sorry to hear the clinic staff is not up to par . His staff in Swift Current were fantastic , very punctual and polite and always tried there best to fit you in .

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

Dr Maree was an awesome doctor but he left the north shore after only 8 weeks. Unfortunately I cannot travel to Surrey to see Dr Maree and I will be on the lookout for another family doctor. The office manager needs to learn some manners and professional behavior. She is very rude and abrupt. Many of the patients coming to that clinic had caring doctors for over 20 years and should NOT have to tolerate that kind of behavior. I would not be surprised to learn that she is why he left!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Awesome doctor i will miss him found out what was wrong with after i saw 13 doctors and nobody knew. Great bedside manor a very caring and smart person now his staff could use some work very cranky and unfriendly

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

Right after my chemo treatments Dr. Maree became my physician (my family doctor for over 20 years has stopped practicing due to personal reasons). I have lots of post chemo issues and Dr. Maree has addressed all of them. He is very knowledgeable, caring, compassionate and is a good listener. I am so pleased he is now my doctor. The staff are helpful. I always make an appointment so the wait usually is less then 5 minutes.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Doctor is outstanding. knows his stuff better than any doctor I have seen. Must be his South African training. Office staff and manager very poor. Wish he would open his own office with better staff.Staff are untrained, disorganized and lack compassion.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011

I have only gone to see Dr. Maree once since my life-long GP retired (seems like we all had the lovely Dr. McTaggart on this board). I made a second appointment with him when I was very sick, and I got turned away from the receptionist because he was ill that day (which is 100% fine). However, when I asked to see another doctor due to my illness, the receptionist turned me away. Needless to say I've been in the hospital fighting off a 'super bug' for the last 2 weeks. It makes me very uneasy that an 18 year old fresh out of high school, who didn't so much as look at a calendar when I asked to see another doctor turned me away, and I had a life threatening condition. No complaints on the doctor though (barely know him though)

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

I have been to Dr. Maree 3 times in the last six months since my family doctor of 32 years retired:( So far, Dr. Maree has given me very professional, knowledgable medical care. The reception staff, however, seem to be somewhat disorganized and unprofessional. On one occasion, after I waited AN HOUR to see Dr. Maree (and knowing he was off work at 4 p.m.), I asked if they had forgetten about me when it was almost 4 o'clock. They laughed and said..."oh, you're the one we deleted". I said "you mean I would have been sitting here all night if I hadn't siad anything?" and they just said, "Yup"! No apology or anything. If I hadn't been desperate for a new family doctor, I would have walked out right then and there. My advice would be to hire more mature, professional and competent support staff.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

Doctor is new to the area. Very punctual, I've never had to wait more that 2 minutes for this doctor. He is very efficient and gentle. Specializes in minor surgeries. He removed my skin tag in one visit! Staff is very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Very modern office, using online patient records system. Been to see this Dr on two occasions in last 3 months and received satisfactory and appropriate care.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011