Ratings for Dr. Markku T. Nousiainen

Had a very serious Motorcycle accident on July 12, 2011, I had 12 surgeries at the time and 4 since that date with the most recent in October 2017, Dr Nousiainen didn't just save my leg he saved my life! I can't say enough awesome things about this man, i've probably been back to the fracture clinic for follow ups close to 100 times and every time i see him he is awesome, very friendly, compasionate, caring, knowledgeable and always on the ball for such a busy surgeon, i really do think others would have removed my leg at the hip, he is truly an artist and i feel blessed to have him in my corner, his team and staff have been nothing short of incredible in restoring my life, he is a no B.S. guy and will tell you like it is but remember you have to do your part as well, work at 110% at rehab/physio and you will compliment each other in your recovery, i know it's a cliche but "no pain, no gain", i may be part metal now with a permanent rod in my femur and 14 fasteners in my hip and pelvis, a drop foot and 3 torn knee ligaments but i get around very well considering without any aids, i work everyday and spend most of my weekends working around my house and doing yard work, im not back to 100% and never will be but im much further than the permanent wheelchair option which was looking very likely, the damage was very extensive but during my 3 month hospital stay initially i realized you must work as a team and he will make your dreams become a realistic reality, Thank You for all you have done, impossible to do without You, your staff, Jim & Joanne at the fracture clinic at Sunnybrook and of course the Family of amazing people at Advance Physiotherapy in Brampton, where would the world be without you all in our medical system? i'ts not a team i wanted to be on, but im glad i was, i owe you all everything! Laurence Quinn

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

After over 18 months of agony after a hip replacement, Dr. Markku T.N. and his team, including Dr. Hugh Cameron who investigated my case-- have been sent from heaven. Right away, they saw the problem that several other doctors didn't even glance at in my x-rays. Over this period of time, with an undersized femoral stem, my leg has become increasingly shorter and the ball of the hip is moving OUT of the socket- Dr. N and his team could see this from the x-ray I brought compared to the ones they took 3 weeks ago!! He looked me in the eye and I believe in him when he said, "We will get you walking again! No pain. With legs that are the same length!" I can hardly wait!!! He is a gem and a genius. Will report again after surgery--maybe while I'M DANCING!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

my name is mary assogna and had a hip replaced on oct. 6/17. I just can't find any words to describe this doctor. I also have rheumatoid arthritis. I have had a few operations but never have met such a kind, compassionate, sincere and understanding doctor. I told him he was great and he said " you are only as great as your team". what a wonderful thing to say. Holland Orthopaedic & Arthritic Centre is very lucky and fortunate to have this wonderful doctor on staff. also, the nurses that took care of me during my week stay were so kind and wonderful. thank you to Jennifer Willard and Alina Chin, absolutely the most kindest, I can't forget Will my physio guy. I would definitely keep these people on staff, they are for sure an assest. thank you to all. they are all 5 stars.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

I can't put into words how amazing this man is! You see him at your worst and he treats you with such compassion. He gives you confidence that you will get better and he uses his knowledge to make you better. Every aspect of treatment that I received was top notch. From his amazing assistant, the hospital staff and the best Dr ever!! Once you meet him, you will have a hard time being happy with any other Dr.!!! He sets a very high standard.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Dr Nousiainen is really, really good at what he does, however, his office person needs a little work on her interpersonal skills.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I have had two surgeries done by Dr N. He is the best! I was sent to him to have my knee revised after another Dr screwed it up!! He is professional, knowledgeable and the most kind hearted, caring Dr you will ever meet!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I was in serious car accident on October 25, 2016 which left me with broken left femur and foot, left forearm and right wrist. Dr. Nousiainen saved my leg. He had performed subsequently 2 more surgeries that could not have been done at the time . He has hands and heart of gold. He is very knowledgeable, transparent, compassionate, attentive and excellent orthopedic surgeon. He came to patients family waiting room after each surgery to debrief my wife on the outcome.. Not many surgeons do that. I admire him for his skills and personality. He is a pleasure to talk to. I am very grateful that Dr. Nousiainen was on the shift that morning of October 25 and performed the surgery on my left leg.. Thank you doctor Nousiainen and your team at Sunnybrook . God bless you

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

I had both hips replaced. After recovering and doing my exercises, I was able to restore my activity to the level of 10 years ago. I am very pleased with the quality of care and overall efficiciency of the staff Thank you to Dr. Nousiainen and the medical team at Sunnybrook Holland Orthopaedic and Arthritic Centre.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Dr. Nousiainen is an outstanding surgeon. On Mar 2, 2015, Dr. Nousiainen performed hip revision surgery at the Holland Orthopaedic Centre. I found his attention to every detail of my surgery and my post-op care superb. I am thankful to this thoughtful and caring surgeon for my wonderful recovery, and I would recommend him to anyone requiring hip surgery without any reservation. His office and operation assistants were also very professional.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Not a very good doctor. Didn't repair my husband broken pelvis very well. Forgot to put his hip back into place. Also said he needed 4 months of bed rest. Two opoims later and no bed rest was required. Rehab my husband on my own. Family doctor said I did a better job then this quack. Run really far if you can

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014