Ratings for Dr. Steven Phillips

Amazing neurologist that has saved my father's life (and cognition) on multiple occasions. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr Phillips has been my neurologist since I was 16 years old and transferred to him from the iwk. He has always been my favorite specialist to see since having my tia strokes when I was 13. He's very knowledgeable, has a good sense of humor and is easy to talk to. We often conversate about where he travels to on vacations, him living in the u.k. And a little friendly teasing of how Samsung is better then the I phone. All in all great doctor to deal with.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I love dr Phillips. Been my neurologist for years now always a pleasure to talk to and truly tries to help.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Dr Phillips treated my mother for stroke. I don't know if it was his fault or not, but nobody from neurology saw her in Emergency until after she had already been there for 4 hours - outside the critical time for treating stroke with clot-busting drugs. Her deficits are considerable and perhaps they could have been prevented if she had been seen earlier. She was an extremely active and intelligent person before the stroke. During her stay at the QE2, Dr Phillips rarely spoke directly to my mother - didn't even make eye contact. He seemed much more concerned with teaching students on rounds than caring for his patients. Even in the Emergency, he waited for his resident to fill out the forms and carry out procedures rather than treating the situation as an emergency. He may be quite knowledgeable, but seemed quite dismissive of his elderly patient (as if she's old and there's nothing he can do for her) and tried to discharge her at his earliest convenience even after the family had already agreed to a date.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

my mother saw him this week and raved about him . She and my father said he was wonderful . He answered all their questions . My mother is 86 and has had strokes and he took the time to care for her thoroughly and I appreciate it .

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Very good and explains everything out to you. Does many tests and sends on to others if the need is there. answers all questions. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011