Carol Preston, Retired

Ratings for Carol Preston, Retired

Carol Preston was the best shrink in Knoxville. I have been to 3 other psychiatry offices since she retired. No one even comes close to replacing her.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

I was happy to move along with her the 3 times she moved over the past 10 years - each office was a step up - nicer offices and locations. Your doctor isn't your friend. She is running a business providing a service, just like your pharmacy. I hate to see her retire, but good for her. Safe travels Dr. Preston.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Carol may seem like she cares about you as a patient regardless she is very two faced individual who acts like they are still in Junior HIgh. She moves her practice around all the time and never stays anywhere for long.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I am new to the area. Dr. Preston was recommended by my insurance. I would have relocated to Knoxville sooner had I known how much better I would feel after only several weeks with the medication changes she suggested. She did in weeks what my previous psychiatrist couldn't do for years. Brilliant lady!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I've gone to Carol for some time now, but my last appointment I didn't feel as comfortable as I have in the past. There was a lot going on and the office seemed tense which is very unusual because everyone is always upbeat and charming including Carol herself. That day in particular, she wasn't so kind and courteous to her staff, particularly her front desk receptionist. . She was basically yelling at her with a room full of people there. I know them well enough that they will play around and joke with each other, but this day was different. Carol could have easily pulled her aside and talked with her instead of handling the situation as she did and embarrassing the receptionist. To me that was a very unethical thing to do on Carol's part. I'm pleased with my care that I receive there, it just didn't sit to kindly with me the way I saw how she treated her staff.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Carol Preston no doubt is an Angel. 5 star treatment

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Why can't more doctors be like Carol Preston? She took time to listen. She explained all the options that would be best for me. My only regret is that I didn't get referred to her sooner. Exceptional lady!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Carol Preston is an awesome lady. Any doctor that sees you within 25 or 30 minutes from your scheduled appointment, and sees someone having an emergency before you, is doing a great job in anyone's book. No doctors just let patients walk-in for appointments, but as a long time patient of Carol Preston, if you are in crisis or having an emergency, Carol Preston will make the time to see you. Carol Preston isn't always on time, but everyone always gets the time they need, anyone who sees her knows this, but you never feel rushed in and out, she always makes you feel like you are her top priority, which is greatly appreciated. Carol Preston is the best doctor in Knoxville, it is a busy office. She should wear rollerskates, if you've ever seen her work you'd agree, she moves miles of paperwork and is multitasking constantly, but always has a smile on her face, the office is upbeat with good mojo. The office has a dining room off the waiting area because the office is open from 9 to 7 pm. I've never seen the office messy. It is professionally decorated like a beautiful home, not a medical office, which makes visits here feel home-like, not stuffy. Everyone waiting with me in lobby is always friendly, so if you are a self-centered, impatient, rude and spiteful person, Carol Preston will not see you because thankfully she cares about everyone's experience while in her office, which is why everyone wants to be one of her patients.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Wonderful experience. Staff are sweet. Carol Preston is most excellent.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I liked how Carol Preston explained everything in a way I could understand. Very smart!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017