Ratings for Carol Preston

I am new to the area. Dr. Preston was recommended by my insurance. I would have relocated to Knoxville sooner had I known how much better I would feel after only several weeks with the medication changes she suggested. She did in weeks what my previous psychiatrist couldn't do for years. Brilliant lady!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I've gone to Carol for some time now, but my last appointment I didn't feel as comfortable as I have in the past. There was a lot going on and the office seemed tense which is very unusual because everyone is always upbeat and charming including Carol herself. That day in particular, she wasn't so kind and courteous to her staff, particularly her front desk receptionist. . She was basically yelling at her with a room full of people there. I know them well enough that they will play around and joke with each other, but this day was different. Carol could have easily pulled her aside and talked with her instead of handling the situation as she did and embarrassing the receptionist. To me that was a very unethical thing to do on Carol's part. I'm pleased with my care that I receive there, it just didn't sit to kindly with me the way I saw how she treated her staff.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Carol Preston no doubt is an Angel. 5 star treatment

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Why can't more doctors be like Carol Preston? She took time to listen. She explained all the options that would be best for me. My only regret is that I didn't get referred to her sooner. Exceptional lady!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Carol Preston is an awesome lady. Any doctor that sees you within 25 or 30 minutes from your scheduled appointment, and sees someone having an emergency before you, is doing a great job in anyone's book. No doctors just let patients walk-in for appointments, but as a long time patient of Carol Preston, if you are in crisis or having an emergency, Carol Preston will make the time to see you. Carol Preston isn't always on time, but everyone always gets the time they need, anyone who sees her knows this, but you never feel rushed in and out, she always makes you feel like you are her top priority, which is greatly appreciated. Carol Preston is the best doctor in Knoxville, it is a busy office. She should wear rollerskates, if you've ever seen her work you'd agree, she moves miles of paperwork and is multitasking constantly, but always has a smile on her face, the office is upbeat with good mojo. The office has a dining room off the waiting area because the office is open from 9 to 7 pm. I've never seen the office messy. It is professionally decorated like a beautiful home, not a medical office, which makes visits here feel home-like, not stuffy. Everyone waiting with me in lobby is always friendly, so if you are a self-centered, impatient, rude and spiteful person, Carol Preston will not see you because thankfully she cares about everyone's experience while in her office, which is why everyone wants to be one of her patients.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Wonderful experience. Staff are sweet. Carol Preston is most excellent.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I liked how Carol Preston explained everything in a way I could understand. Very smart!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I made my appointment for 10am today with the instructions given to me to be there 10-15 minutes early. I asked at that time for an address and specifics about their location. Where to enter, should I use a certain parking lot… Basic things that are generally provided. I was told my GPS would lead me “ to the door.” That was the first issue. The GPS took me to the building where I parked and got out and proceeded to search for their suite. A kind person in one of the downstairs office finally told me it was around back. At that point I was 15 minutes early. I located the suite and was told to “hang on a minute sweetie” while I stood and waited for two people to pay and schedule appointments. That took 10 minutes. ( I noted to my dismay during my wait that the office was extremely disorganized. Ms. Preston’s office had stacks of paper a foot high on every possible flat surface, including chairs, floor, shelves. Not the most confidence inspiring picture for someone who has access to confidential information. The breakroom was dirty, with empty bottles and cups sitting on an obviously dirty table. Also not terribly positive as a first impression.) When the receptionist finally got to me, with all of five minutes to spare, she didn’t have, and could not locate, the intake paperwork on her desk. She had to go find it. That ate up the last five minutes. So at 10am, even though I was on time, because their office is inefficient I had to rush to fill out a host of forms. As I hurriedly plowed through paperwork (which wasn’t available to be emailed or on line so it could have been done before hand) they allowed a drop in to go back ahead of me. My paperwork took all of 5 minutes. The drop in took 15 minutes. So at 10:15am, I am still sitting. I asked the receptionist if I had my time wrong and she said “no sweetie, she’ll be right with you.” So at 10:20am after the drop in had departed, Ms. Preston was still wandering about the office checking her mail and opening her FedEx packages. I finally told the receptionist I might need to reschedule so I could get back to work as we were now pushing 10:30am. At this, the receptionist went into the office and she and Ms. Preston and a third woman I do not know had a whispered, however poorly concealed, conversation. Ms. Preston then came out of the office and with much incredulity in her voiced asked why I had not allocated an hour for the appointment, hadn’t I been told it would take and hour? I told her I hadn’t been informed of that, but had planned on it with my return to the office predicated on a 10am appointment. At that point Ms. Preston informed me I was to have been 15 minutes early so she wasn’t the one that was late, it was me. I informed her that had I had proper directions, like I asked for, I would have been 15 minutes early. Her receptionist asked if I called. I told her I did, but there was no answer and given the time I didn’t leave a message. I then proceeded to tell her I was still 10 minutes early, but that seemed not to matter, she still said she was on time, but I was late. She told me I was impatient and agitated. She was right. I am not sure who in my position wouldn’t have been. Given her position as a psychiatric nurse practitioner, who deals with people when they’re not their best selves, I found her handling of this situation to be rather alarming. I hope she wouldn’t treat a person truly in distress in such a dismissive and hostile manner. I found her to be extremely disorganized, condescending, flippant, and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016