Ratings for Dr. Vera Wan

I am very disappointed with Dr Vera Wan for my self and my family to the point where we will be changing family Doctors. I feel her knowledge is very limited she constantly dismisses things but is extremely reluctant to refer us to a specialist. A few times now that she has dismissed something we have gone to a walk in clinic and another doctor has immediately recognized the issue and sent us to a specialist. We now have no faith in her. It doesn't give you very much confidence in her when she looks at something, clearly doesn't have a clue what it is and looks to Google right in front of you. Once she gives you her diagnosis that's it. If you challenge her or request more information she get's arrogant with you. You really get the feeling she is there to earn her paycheck and does not care what happens to you or your children.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Having worked in Healthcare for several years, I may be a bit more realistic about the scope of family medicine than some of the opinions I've read below. My family all see Dr. Wan, and have shared appreciation for her knowledge, kindness and punctuality. I guess I don't expect to have an extensive workup for every concern, but find she does refer to specialties when it's appropriate. My previous MD would prescribe an antibiotic or refer me to a specialist for EVERY concern before working it up himself. It ended up wasting a lot of my time and tying up the healthcare system with unnecessary wait times. I definitely dont feel rushed or dismissed at all. Dr. Wan even offered to book an appointment for counselling with her when I was grieving a loss in the family. I find her extremely reasonable. I know that some people feel their doctor isn't doing anything if they leave without an antibiotic or prescription, when often they can cause more harm than good but I appreciate her extensive training, and feel we are lucky to have this team of young doctors that will hopefully stay in this area and keep providing quality healthcare.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

A first, I loved Dr. Wan. She's young and seemed eager not to jump to prescriptions. Over the years however I've realized how skeptical she is about anything that seems outside of her skill set. I had to beg for a specialist appointment and when I got one, she could believe how delayed her action was. I am so sad to say it but I feel Dr. Wan is just there because she has to be and she is far too young to be so jaded. She could care a lot more about her work and her patients.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

My long time doctor retired and I was happy to find a new one finally. My experiences thus far have left me feeling rushed with the doctor seeming somewhat impatient and overall not helpful. I don't believe she would go to bat for you over any issue regarding seeing a specialist or more testing. If not within the realm of her knowledge you are left free falling in the health system. I need someone to help me navigate not be pushed out the door for the next appointment.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Dr Wan is very nice but I don't feel she takes the time to really dig if there is no clearly evident answer. I have been struggling with the same problem for a couple of years now but she'll only go as far as to give blood work requisitions. I am frustrated and thinking of looking for alternatives. And there's one front desk person who is so mean, it's bad enough when you feel sick, but then have someone treat you like dirt on top of it just takes the cake. The rest of the staff are lovely.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr. Wan is great. She is honest and punctual. I trust her so much that I now bring my 3.5 month old to her.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

When I first met this doctor, I thought she was a great physician. The more I saw the more disappointed I was. She listens only to what she believes it is.......totally clueless on some areas. I wished some doctors would really listen to you and try to help you. I went in with lower back pain to the side and she said it was possibly due to constipation....SERIOUSLY??? So for 7 months I was constipated and didn't know??? I had to seek elsewhere, not wasting my time with her any longer. I now wished I would have stayed with my previous doctor.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr. Wan is fantastic. I told her I don't like to be on medications and she is always open to helping me figure out alternative ways to help any medical issues I might have. Even suggesting books that have been helpful to her and offering to have appointments for her to just listen to me. In comparison to other doctors I've had, she is the best.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

My family switched to Dr. Wan a couple years ago and we couldn't be happier. She is very knowledgeable, kind and extremely professional. The front desk staff has changed from when we first started and are now very polite, friendly and caring. Dr. Wan is very detailed with her diagnosis and has even asked her husband (also a Doctor at the clinic) to come in to give his opinion...to make sure she is giving the best course of treatment. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Ver Wan.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013