Dr. Simon Purser

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Simon Purser

Simon Purser is a hero in our family. My wife had thyroid cancer and remain in remission after a thyroidectomy and neck dissection 5 years ago. Three years ago I developed a tongue ulcer which my GP treated with antibiotics for 3 weeks with no improvement. I took myself to see Simon and he diagnosed tongue cancer. Within 2 weeks the cancer was removed and radiotherapy planned. I'm free of cancer but it's too early to tell if cured. He had always been courteous and directly honest with us. He is an excellent surgeon and was always available in the post op period for any concerns we had

Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr. Simon Purser

Dr. Simon Purser's response
Time for some facts I have been in conflict with my neighbour over his barking dogs for 6 years. He has failed to comply with undertakings agreed to at mediation In June 2015 his dogs were amongst a number of dogs poisoned around Melbourne in the same week. Fortunately they survived. I was falsely accused of poisoning them on this site, despite the fact that I was holidaying with my wife in NSW at the time I was also abused and threatened by another neighbour when we challenged their right to build an unauthorized addition to a fence. Both neighbours attended court together when I applied for an intervention order against the second. The first has since denied, in writing, even knowing the second. Negative reviews here have been relentless ever since. Many have been deleted by RateMds as false and/or defamatory In November 2015 I was accused on this site of "poisoning his neighbour's cat". The cat found dead was my own much-loved pet. Prior to these events I received 2 negative reviews (out of 68) in four years since 2011, one of which came from a patient who had not paid a bill for five years, and was angry when asked to pay before seeing me yet again. The other patient is unknown. I see between one and two thousand new patients a year, and unfortunately cannot please everyone. I suggest that you do not base your choice of specialist on any website where ratings can be anonymously manipulated. Base your decision upon the opinion and personal experience of friends and relatives whom you trust, and most of all, upon that of your local GP, who is in the best position to recommend a specialist, having received feedback from sometimes hundreds of prior patients, and who has no interest other than ensuring you receive the best of care.

Submitted March 6, 2016

Thank you Dr Purser for all of your assistance. The family and I are extremely greatful.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I'd like to recommend Mr Purser. He has been very helpful and very professional.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Simon Purser is a fantastic person. He is a brilliant doctor and Inwould certainly highly recommend his expert services.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Late, late, running late, no information, late. It's extremely frustrating.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I am a doctor myself and I had to consult Dr.Purser for my 'Vertigo and Balance' problems. He is a most courteous and caring and competent ENT surgeon I would recommend any person, needing professional help. He fixed my medical condition in no time by quick and accurate diagnosis and the appropriate treatment. I could not praise enough his clinical skills and ''doctor-ship'' (Dr.Albert Baily -Watsonia)

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I was very frustrated that he was late because it made me late for every appointment there after. I didn't end up waiting, so I will not mark him for anything else.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I had a tonsillectomy performed by Dr Purser a few years back now. Every so often I think about what a difference that surgery has made to my life having lived with constant tonsil pain for 6 months leading up to the surgery and I would highly recommend Dr Purser for this surgery. He was extremely professional and understanding, and the surgery was a great success.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Went to him regarding discomfort in my ear & nose. Did hearing test and MRI. Went back to him and he told me there was nothing he could do with my ear. Also white matter etc showed up on my mRI, told me that down the track I'd be sitting in a corner in a nursing home with dribble running down my chin, but I wouldn't know anything about it. Had completely forgotten to look at the MRI regarding my ear, until I asked him. No suggestion as to what the future holds regarding my ear etc. Would never recommend him and am seeking another opinion.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr. Simon Purser's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Member of Australian Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (past Secretary of Victorian Division) Member of the Australian Medical Association Jean Littlejohn Prize in Otolaryngology 1991 Academy Award, American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery 1995 Fellowship in Advanced Head and Neck Oncologic Surgery, Detroit, USA 1994-1995

• Monash (Grad. 1980)