Ratings for Dr. Kevin Orieux

My Family has been going to Dr. Orieux for many years, my wife for over 20 years we really like going to see him as he is an upbeat super nice guy, recently my daughter has gone into his ortho program for her braces and that is going very well too. on the Canada day long weekend My family and I where out of town when I had a dental emergency and even though Dr Orieux was out of town to he was able to contact a local pharmacy in the town where we were on holidays and have some medication prescribed to me it was a long weekend saver. I just wanted to thank him and let all of you out there know he is exceptional at what he does

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr.Orieux is one of the best dentists I have personally dealt with, he is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, and understanding. I have had a few dental emergencies with my son recently and the staff was able to get us in the same day to have the issues dealt with. My son is 12 and has no fear of the dentist due to Dr. Orieux being thorough and explanatory in a way even kids can understand what is happening. He has pulled 2 of my sons teeth with no freezing as the freezing would cause more pain than just pulling the teeth out, my son was fine both times. I have a daughter who when she was very little had a bad experience with a pediatric dentist and is terrified of dentists but she has become relaxed and comfortable with Dr.Orieux and his staff. Last year I had extensive work done that my dental plan did not cover, the staff was willing to set up payments for me and were understanding. I would recommend Dr Orieux and his staff to anyone and have a few times. Give them a call I'm sure they'd be happy to help you and answer any questions.

Submitted February 14, 2016

The only regret I have with the Clover Dale Dental Clinic, is the fact that I spent the first 19 years of my life at a different dentist!!! Everything about this dental office is outstanding - the entire patient experience from beginning to the end of each visit. Welcomed by not only warm smiles at the front desk, but more importantly by knowledgable and educated staff members - people who actually know what they were talking about, whether it be related to my dental insurance or the procedures itself. The dentistry performed at this clinic by both Dr. Chong and Dr. Orieux is beyond what I ever experienced at my old dental office. They are caring and skilled medical professionals who are nothing short of spectacular at their jobs. They explain everything they do before doing it and make sure that the patient is at ease and perform all dental work with little to no discomfort to the patient whatsoever. Most recently, I got 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Orieux - a procedure I have literally avoided for 2 years because of the horror stories I've heard and moreover, actually seen first hand from friends and family members who got them removed. Honestly, what a joke. Dr. O removed all 4 with ease and I didn't feel an ounce of pain, had no swelling or bruising, and was back to my normal routine after just 3 days of recovery. He explained everything from A to Z about the surgery and actually made me feel excited about getting it started - I still can't believe I felt NO pain ... I can't stress that enough because I know the thought of pain is the biggest reason people avoid the surgery. Trust me.. You will feel nothing!! Absolutely amazing.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Dr Orieux is simply the very best example of what a kind, caring, professional dentist should be. I have been seeing him for over 15 years now and at the beginning it was very hard for me. As a child I had a dentist hold me down when the freezing was gone and keep drilling and then tell my parents I was a problem child for which I was punished. Needless to say I never wanted to go back to the dentist again ever! Lucky for me I met Dr. O . He totally understood the very high anxiety I would experience even in bringing in my children(they never knew) Dr. O and all the wonderful staff would even go as far as popping popcorn before I came in because just the smell would bring back a rush of emotions bringing me to tears. Both my children love going to the dentist even now that they are adults. And you know what surprise, surprise, so do I!!! I never could have done it without all the wonderful help and support of Dr. O and his team of awesome staff, they really care about your whole well being. This truly is the place to go if you would like to overcome your fears , if I can do it anyone can !!!! Myself and my family can't say enough. This is the only place to go if you want the very best care, treatment, and people who truly care about their patients.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

I have been going to the Cloverdale Dental Clinic, from grade 6 until now, recently university graduated, in all visits Dr. Orieux has taken time to describe what is wrong, how it will be fixed and how to prevent repeat problems, you always know what is happening. Last year I had my wisdom teeth taken out, there was very little swelling, recovery time was about two days, and when I ripped a stitch I was immediately allowed to come in, get it looked at and dealt with. He has gone over and beyond, in grade 6 he helped me finish my astronomy project during a visit and in university when I was getting my wisdom teeth done he offered to come in new years eve afternoon to do them before my insurance for school ran out. He has worked late so I or someone in my family could get an appointment when it was needed or come in on a weekend to help with emergencies/problems with intense tooth pain. The staff are extremely kind and helpful to answer any questions with insurance etc. while you're in the waiting room and very punctual getting forms ready for you to go. five stars.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

This is an awesome place. Everyone is super friendly and makes you feel like you are the only person in the world!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

What I love about the Cloverdale Dental Clinic is that everybody is genuinely focused on making sure I am comfortable. Besides painless needles which is a biggie in my books, all of the doctors and their assistants take the time to interrupt their work throughout an appointment to ask me if I am doing OK. It's like going to a first class restaurant where the servers are constantly wanting to ensure that people are happy. Over the years one of the other things I have come to value about Dr. Orieux is that he has always taken the time to answer all my questions and more than that he'll explain things in plain English and even pull out a clipboard to draw me pictures in different colors until he's confident that on some of the more technical issues his explanation has made sense, and the same goes for the women who help me understand all the complexities of dental insurance. The Cloverdale Dental Clinic is five stars all the way.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I have seen such positive reviews about this doctor but that was very much not my experience. I found Dr Orieux extremely rude. I was counting down the seconds until my appointment ended. He was short tempered when he spoke with his staff, which offended me. When he spoke to me I felt he was extremely condescending . His hands smelt of tobacco which was appauling for a health care professional. He was late to see me for my scheduled appointment and I felt he was aggressive and rushing through it. I would not refer my worst enemy to Dr Kevin Orieux

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

We have been seeing Dr.O since we first moved to Cloverdale and we have been nothing but happy with him. He has so far guided two of our children through their complicated braces issues and we will be seeing him for our third child who will need them. He is always patient and explains everything thoroughly. I have referred friends to him and they have been very happy as well. I am treated like family, since I am there so often, everyone knows my name and asks about how we are doing. I am very glad we found Dr. O and his excellent staff.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I am a new patient and I found the staff super friendly and inviting, everyone was helpful and knowledgeable. I tend to have a hard time with x-rays and they were very patient with me and did their best to make me feel comfortable both while I waited and in the chair, it was very easy to relax. Most importantly everyone I spoke to always had an answer to any questions I asked.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Kevin Orieux's Credentials

• University of Manitoba (Grad. 1989)