Dr. Paul Sanghera

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Paul Sanghera

My optometrist sent me to Dr Paul because he has a nationally renowned reputation in surgeries and laser. I believe he operates around the country due to demand for his care. Moreover, when I met him I could see that he values the doctor - patient relationship as a vehicle to build trust. My vision was steadily declining and Dr Paul went over every option with me, masterfully restored my vision, and was empathic enough for me to not hesitate recommending him to my family and friends. If there were more than 5 stars, he surely deserves it. My gratitude and regard for him will always be high.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

I have just done cataract surgery on both eyes. I am happy that he was my surgeon. Dr. Sanghera is a great and skillful surgeon. I am happy with the outcome of the surgery. - Nav

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Sanghera was great. He has a great reputation in laser surgeries and it was clear he knew what he was doing. Before the surgery, he reassured me that I was a great candidate and that he didn't have any concerns. During the procedure, he communicated frequently to let me know what he was doing. I would recommend Dr. Sanghera to anyone interested in having laser eye surgery! Thank you!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I found Dr Sanghera to be an honest and kind, soft spoken surgeon. He answered all my questions without rushing me, and delivered on my expectations for vision. He is obviously a very talented and high demand surgeon and I am very happy with my choice to proceed with him.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I was nervous about having vision correction but Dr. Sanghera put my mind at ease and the experience was pleasant and easy, my husband is next in line for vision correction

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

I am a detailed oriented person, therefore I it is my obligation to share what I have learned regarding Dr. Sanghera. In the context of a patient, I am one of his very satisfied cataract surgery patients. Indeed, he is very patient and kind, but I believe his great asset is his surgery skill set and speed. I was tremendously fearful of surgery but was given Dr. Sanghera's name on a recommendation from someone I trust greatly.  The actually surgeries did actually take less than 5 minutes based on previous posts. Researching the surgery, to be able to do a 15 to 30 minute surgery so quickly means minimal pain that experienced, and minimal recovery time. Yes, he is very pleasant, but to be able to see 20/20 with essentially no pain and also no down time is what truly impressed me about Dr Paul Sanghera.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

For those of you searching online for a surgeon you trust to take care of the most precious sense of our body... And tired of being sent to other eye doctors who only seem to care about upcharging you... And don't seem to spend the time to listen to you. You can stop your search here. He walked into the room and I thought, this guy looks so young, does he really have the experience for me allow him to operate on me? My fears were resolved in the first 30 seconds. He is kind, patient, asks important questions about what my visions needs are, and honest. Most importantly, he is very skilled and delivered on everything I was hoping for in terms of vision. I can see essentially everything except the tiny print on a pill bottle without glasses! Trustworthy, skillfull, patient... There is really nothing more that needs to be said about Dr. Sanghera!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

I have just done cataract surgery on both eyes. I am a software developer , with PRK done 5 years ago. We made a plan with Dr. Sanghera to go for a mini mono vision, I decided to go with the lenses that he suggested (MX60). He avoided the laser assisted surgery (I accepted to pay extra but he did not recommend it !). He is very honest and trustworthy. He delivered exactly what we planned. Left eye is set for reading (yet I have 20/30 distance) and the right eye is set for distance (a perfect 20/20 vision). I am very comfortable working all day long with computers without glasses and no driving glasses either. We are lucky to have a surgeon like Dr. Sanghera in Toronto.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Dr. Sanghera is an absolute ROCK STAR eye surgeon. There are not enough words to express praises for this young, brilliant , soft spoken, charming and knowledgeable surgeon. We are so lucky to have this brilliant Doctor here in Ontsrio and hope that he stays with us and not be tempted to go across the border!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I cannot add much more of an endorsement that what has already been said. But Dr. Sanghera cured my cataracts and was so diligent in delivering the type of vision I have dreamed about without glasses for so long. He is a true professional, and gave me both OHIP and non-OHIP options (unlike another doctor I saw who was simply interested in payment options). I love how he listens and makes the appointment feel unrushed. He really cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Paul Sanghera's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Paul Sanghera is a nationally renowned cataract and refractive surgeon. He completed his bachelor’s degree and medical school at the University of Alberta, where he was on the dean’s list. He was the recipient of numerous awards and scholarships, including the Opal Hess Memorial Scholarship and the Dr. AJ Pauly Bursary in Medicine. Additionally, he was cited as the highest ranked applicant to enter the MD Program in 1997. Dr. Sanghera then specialized in Ophthalmology at the University of Toronto and went on to receive further postgraduate training in refractive laser surgery. Dr. Sanghera has been actively involved in research since his residency, including a $10 000 research grant from the Glaucoma Research Society of Canada and numerous ongoing projects using state-of-the-art technologies in cataract surgery and intraocular lenses. He has also lectured both nationally and internationally at major Ophthalmology conferences. He is currently a Lecturer at the University of Toronto, on staff at Mount Sinai Hospital and Kensington Eye Institute, both in Toronto as well as Stevenson Memorial Hospital in Alliston, ON. Dr. Sanghera is also actively involved in both resident and medical student education across the Greater Toronto Area. Dr. Sanghera is considered a pioneer in the use of new technologies to improve visual outcomes in surgery. Among his many other accomplishments, Dr Sanghera: -is one of the first surgeons in Canada to perform laser cataract surgery -is one of the first surgeons in North America to use trifocal intraocular lenses -is one of the few surgeons in Ontario trained in Collagen Crosslinking (CXL) and T-PRK for treating keratoconus -co-created and chaired Canada’s first laser cataract surgery teaching symposium Having performed more than 15 000 intraocular surgeries across Canada, Dr. Sanghera is recognized as a leader in his field. More importantly, this experience has afforded him the skill and knowledge to cater today's cutting edge technologies to match every patient’s unique visual needs.

• Hindi
  • Urdu
  • Punjabi language

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2007)

• Cataract surgery