Ratings for Dr. Paul Sanghera

I was nervous about having vision correction but Dr. Sanghera put my mind at ease and the experience was pleasant and easy, my husband is next in line for vision correction

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

I am a detailed oriented person, therefore I it is my obligation to share what I have learned regarding Dr. Sanghera. In the context of a patient, I am one of his very satisfied cataract surgery patients. Indeed, he is very patient and kind, but I believe his great asset is his surgery skill set and speed. I was tremendously fearful of surgery but was given Dr. Sanghera's name on a recommendation from someone I trust greatly.  The actually surgeries did actually take less than 5 minutes based on previous posts. Researching the surgery, to be able to do a 15 to 30 minute surgery so quickly means minimal pain that experienced, and minimal recovery time. Yes, he is very pleasant, but to be able to see 20/20 with essentially no pain and also no down time is what truly impressed me about Dr Paul Sanghera.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

For those of you searching online for a surgeon you trust to take care of the most precious sense of our body... And tired of being sent to other eye doctors who only seem to care about upcharging you... And don't seem to spend the time to listen to you. You can stop your search here. He walked into the room and I thought, this guy looks so young, does he really have the experience for me allow him to operate on me? My fears were resolved in the first 30 seconds. He is kind, patient, asks important questions about what my visions needs are, and honest. Most importantly, he is very skilled and delivered on everything I was hoping for in terms of vision. I can see essentially everything except the tiny print on a pill bottle without glasses! Trustworthy, skillfull, patient... There is really nothing more that needs to be said about Dr. Sanghera!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

I have just done cataract surgery on both eyes. I am a software developer , with PRK done 5 years ago. We made a plan with Dr. Sanghera to go for a mini mono vision, I decided to go with the lenses that he suggested (MX60). He avoided the laser assisted surgery (I accepted to pay extra but he did not recommend it !). He is very honest and trustworthy. He delivered exactly what we planned. Left eye is set for reading (yet I have 20/30 distance) and the right eye is set for distance (a perfect 20/20 vision). I am very comfortable working all day long with computers without glasses and no driving glasses either. We are lucky to have a surgeon like Dr. Sanghera in Toronto.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Dr. Sanghera is an absolute ROCK STAR eye surgeon. There are not enough words to express praises for this young, brilliant , soft spoken, charming and knowledgeable surgeon. We are so lucky to have this brilliant Doctor here in Ontsrio and hope that he stays with us and not be tempted to go across the border!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I cannot add much more of an endorsement that what has already been said. But Dr. Sanghera cured my cataracts and was so diligent in delivering the type of vision I have dreamed about without glasses for so long. He is a true professional, and gave me both OHIP and non-OHIP options (unlike another doctor I saw who was simply interested in payment options). I love how he listens and makes the appointment feel unrushed. He really cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I shopped around downtown Toronto, and even though I was offered the world, there was only only one man I truly trusted. He explained all of my premium lens options and delivered as he promised. No hassle, no pain, -and finally a doctor who cares enough about his patients to provide the customer service and results we deserve when we venture outside of OHIP! We are darn lucky to have Dr Sanghera servicing Ontario!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

This young doctor has taken out my mother's cataracts, and subsequently done my two adult children's laser vision surgeries. He's a consummate professional, personable, and obviously is very talented. My whole family owes Dr Sanghera a debt of gratitude. He has given us the gift of sight. Surely when my cataracts are ready to be taken out, I will trust only his hands.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Just a gem of a professional: soft-spoken, personable, patient and technically on his game! Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

If you want a Rock Star for a doctor, go to this guy! Looks the part, and man do I see awesome after lasik surgery! He's good great hands, with quick painless surgery and delivers as promised. Recommend, recommend, recommend!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

Dr. Paul Sanghera's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Paul Sanghera is a nationally renowned cataract and refractive surgeon. He completed his bachelor’s degree and medical school at the University of Alberta, where he was on the dean’s list. He was the recipient of numerous awards and scholarships, including the Opal Hess Memorial Scholarship and the Dr. AJ Pauly Bursary in Medicine. Additionally, he was cited as the highest ranked applicant to enter the MD Program in 1997. Dr. Sanghera then specialized in Ophthalmology at the University of Toronto and went on to receive further postgraduate training in refractive laser surgery. Dr. Sanghera has been actively involved in research since his residency, including a $10 000 research grant from the Glaucoma Research Society of Canada and numerous ongoing projects using state-of-the-art technologies in cataract surgery and intraocular lenses. He has also lectured both nationally and internationally at major Ophthalmology conferences. He is currently a Lecturer at the University of Toronto, on staff at Mount Sinai Hospital and Kensington Eye Institute, both in Toronto as well as Stevenson Memorial Hospital in Alliston, ON. Dr. Sanghera is also actively involved in both resident and medical student education across the Greater Toronto Area. Dr. Sanghera is considered a pioneer in the use of new technologies to improve visual outcomes in surgery. Among his many other accomplishments, Dr Sanghera: -is one of the first surgeons in Canada to perform laser cataract surgery -is one of the first surgeons in North America to use trifocal intraocular lenses -is one of the few surgeons in Ontario trained in Collagen Crosslinking (CXL) and T-PRK for treating keratoconus -co-created and chaired Canada’s first laser cataract surgery teaching symposium Having performed more than 15 000 intraocular surgeries across Canada, Dr. Sanghera is recognized as a leader in his field. More importantly, this experience has afforded him the skill and knowledge to cater today's cutting edge technologies to match every patient’s unique visual needs.

• Hindi
  • Urdu
  • Punjabi language

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2007)

• Cataract surgery