Dr. Paul Sanghera

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Paul Sanghera

My optometrist sent me to Dr Paul because he has a nationally renowned reputation in surgeries and laser. I believe he operates around the country due to demand for his care. Moreover, when I met him I could see that he values the doctor - patient relationship as a vehicle to build trust. My vision was steadily declining and Dr Paul went over every option with me, masterfully restored my vision, and was empathic enough for me to not hesitate recommending him to my family and friends. If there were more than 5 stars, he surely deserves it. My gratitude and regard for him will always be high.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

Dr. Sanghera performed cataract surgery on my eyes in March and April 2012 at Mount Sinai Hospital and I have enjoyed better vision than I have ever experienced for seven years. He was relaxed, helpful and fully informative. The procedures were prompt and painless. I am continually thankful for his help

flag | Submitted April 29, 2019

My wife dealt with severe astimatism all her life which now, thanks to the miracle of modern optometry, she is free from glasses but her whole experience was made so very comfortable and postive due to the extraordinary expertise and patient care provided by Clarity Eye's Dr. Paul Sanghera. He is a wonderfully professional person who demonstrates his compassion with kind and careful attention and he listens to you while responding in a positive direct way that helps you find comfort through the entire process . I highly recommend him to anyone in need of cataract surgery.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2018

Dr. Sanghera is an immaculate medical professional. Helped my Grandma immensely.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

Great dr. I was completely at ease with him. Answered all questions

flag | Submitted August 19, 2018

Dr. Paul Sanghera is nothing short of a highly skilled miracle worker. My husband ( 60 years old) is one month Post operative and I (59 ) and 1 week post op after having lens exchange (trifocal). We both had 20/20 vision. He was so kind and very professional explaining before surgery what was involved. Further he did not rush us . He was very reassuring through the whole process. We are both so thrilled to enjoy our new found freedom from glasses and tell everyone. Dr. Sanghera we cannot thank you enough for your skilled, professionalism and ability. We see the whole in a whole new way. We would recommend him to everyone ( and lasik Md where we had it done!) We can never thankyou enough!!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2018

Just a dreamboat of a surgeon. I cant believe he can do the things he can to fix peoples eyes so perfectly. Surgery is so fast and easy, he's so nice and dreamy. And I see perfect! I cant understand why anyone would go to anyone else when you can go to him.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

Very skilled. Polite and good listener. Very sympathetic.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Great experience with Dr Sanghera, my mother was 89 having cataract surgery on both eyes . He was kind, gentle and extreamly knowledgeable. He made us feel very comfortable. Great staff that was very happy and enjoyed their job

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

I will tell you a story about this amazing physician that sums it up beautifully. I was scheduled for my lens exchange surgery a few weeks ago and was obviously anxious about the idea of operations on my eyes. When I arrived at the facility there seems to be quite a buzz around his staff and I eventually found out that he was breaking a national record that day for cases. His staff seemed so excited but my anxiety only heightened on hearing this. I did not want to be treated like a number or a cog in a factory especially being so nervous to begin with. Luckily these anxieties were immediately eliminated on meeting Dr Sanghera. He greeted me with a big and beautiful smile and gave all the time I needed to discuss my case and expectations. I never felt rushed at all. The surgery was equally pleasant. It was obviously easy for this super surgeon (about 4-5 minutes) but his calming voice kept my blood pressure from rising. Afterwards, my post operative visits have been remarkable. I see crystal clear for all distances with just some dry eyes which is par for course. I now see clearer than I can ever remember seeing in all my life. So there it is. I had eye surgery from a record breaking super surgeon who possesses an exemplary bed side manner and calming personality. I never felt rushed in the slightest and he has absolutely delivered on my expectations for vision outcome. What else can you ask for? As Canadians we should be proud to have such high quality medical professionals serving us without having to mortgage our homes for their exceptional care. Thank you Dr. Sanghera; with true admiration.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

Dr. Paul Sanghera's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Paul Sanghera is a nationally renowned cataract and refractive surgeon. He completed his bachelor’s degree and medical school at the University of Alberta, where he was on the dean’s list. He was the recipient of numerous awards and scholarships, including the Opal Hess Memorial Scholarship and the Dr. AJ Pauly Bursary in Medicine. Additionally, he was cited as the highest ranked applicant to enter the MD Program in 1997. Dr. Sanghera then specialized in Ophthalmology at the University of Toronto and went on to receive further postgraduate training in refractive laser surgery. Dr. Sanghera has been actively involved in research since his residency, including a $10 000 research grant from the Glaucoma Research Society of Canada and numerous ongoing projects using state-of-the-art technologies in cataract surgery and intraocular lenses. He has also lectured both nationally and internationally at major Ophthalmology conferences. He is currently a Lecturer at the University of Toronto, on staff at Mount Sinai Hospital and Kensington Eye Institute, both in Toronto as well as Stevenson Memorial Hospital in Alliston, ON. Dr. Sanghera is also actively involved in both resident and medical student education across the Greater Toronto Area. Dr. Sanghera is considered a pioneer in the use of new technologies to improve visual outcomes in surgery. Among his many other accomplishments, Dr Sanghera: -is one of the first surgeons in Canada to perform laser cataract surgery -is one of the first surgeons in North America to use trifocal intraocular lenses -is one of the few surgeons in Ontario trained in Collagen Crosslinking (CXL) and T-PRK for treating keratoconus -co-created and chaired Canada’s first laser cataract surgery teaching symposium Having performed more than 15 000 intraocular surgeries across Canada, Dr. Sanghera is recognized as a leader in his field. More importantly, this experience has afforded him the skill and knowledge to cater today's cutting edge technologies to match every patient’s unique visual needs.

• Hindi
  • Urdu
  • Punjabi language

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2007)

• Cataract surgery