Dr. Paul Sanghera

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Paul Sanghera

My optometrist sent me to Dr Paul because he has a nationally renowned reputation in surgeries and laser. I believe he operates around the country due to demand for his care. Moreover, when I met him I could see that he values the doctor - patient relationship as a vehicle to build trust. My vision was steadily declining and Dr Paul went over every option with me, masterfully restored my vision, and was empathic enough for me to not hesitate recommending him to my family and friends. If there were more than 5 stars, he surely deserves it. My gratitude and regard for him will always be high.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

Great experience with Dr Sanghera, my mother was 89 having cataract surgery on both eyes . He was kind, gentle and extreamly knowledgeable. He made us feel very comfortable. Great staff that was very happy and enjoyed their job

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

I will tell you a story about this amazing physician that sums it up beautifully. I was scheduled for my lens exchange surgery a few weeks ago and was obviously anxious about the idea of operations on my eyes. When I arrived at the facility there seems to be quite a buzz around his staff and I eventually found out that he was breaking a national record that day for cases. His staff seemed so excited but my anxiety only heightened on hearing this. I did not want to be treated like a number or a cog in a factory especially being so nervous to begin with. Luckily these anxieties were immediately eliminated on meeting Dr Sanghera. He greeted me with a big and beautiful smile and gave all the time I needed to discuss my case and expectations. I never felt rushed at all. The surgery was equally pleasant. It was obviously easy for this super surgeon (about 4-5 minutes) but his calming voice kept my blood pressure from rising. Afterwards, my post operative visits have been remarkable. I see crystal clear for all distances with just some dry eyes which is par for course. I now see clearer than I can ever remember seeing in all my life. So there it is. I had eye surgery from a record breaking super surgeon who possesses an exemplary bed side manner and calming personality. I never felt rushed in the slightest and he has absolutely delivered on my expectations for vision outcome. What else can you ask for? As Canadians we should be proud to have such high quality medical professionals serving us without having to mortgage our homes for their exceptional care. Thank you Dr. Sanghera; with true admiration.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

I was greeted with a smile when I walked in. I arrived a little early so I was able to look at frames while I waited. I was called in at the time of the appointment. Dr. Shalu Pal was thorough and made me comfortable and aware of my options for contacts and glasses. I was torn between two pairs of glasses and they were able to work out a price that was affordable for both. Overall, a very pleasant experience!

Submitted November 10, 2017

I completed lens exchange because of my hyperopia and astigmatism and was fitted with a multifocal lens for range of vision. Dr Sanghera is fabulous. He does live up to all the nice things that are said about him online. He has been kind, skillful, and nice to look at as well : ) I am 3 weeks from my surgery after todays visit and can see excellent for near and distance. Of course the eyes feel dry and irritated but obviously I expect nothing less 1 month out. He is a wonderful man and I am happy to write a positive post in support of him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I have just done cataract surgery on both eyes. I am happy that he was my surgeon. Dr. Sanghera is a great and skillful surgeon. I am happy with the outcome of the surgery. - Nav

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Sanghera was great. He has a great reputation in laser surgeries and it was clear he knew what he was doing. Before the surgery, he reassured me that I was a great candidate and that he didn't have any concerns. During the procedure, he communicated frequently to let me know what he was doing. I would recommend Dr. Sanghera to anyone interested in having laser eye surgery! Thank you!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I found Dr Sanghera to be an honest and kind, soft spoken surgeon. He answered all my questions without rushing me, and delivered on my expectations for vision. He is obviously a very talented and high demand surgeon and I am very happy with my choice to proceed with him.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I was nervous about having vision correction but Dr. Sanghera put my mind at ease and the experience was pleasant and easy, my husband is next in line for vision correction

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

I am a detailed oriented person, therefore I it is my obligation to share what I have learned regarding Dr. Sanghera. In the context of a patient, I am one of his very satisfied cataract surgery patients. Indeed, he is very patient and kind, but I believe his great asset is his surgery skill set and speed. I was tremendously fearful of surgery but was given Dr. Sanghera's name on a recommendation from someone I trust greatly.  The actually surgeries did actually take less than 5 minutes based on previous posts. Researching the surgery, to be able to do a 15 to 30 minute surgery so quickly means minimal pain that experienced, and minimal recovery time. Yes, he is very pleasant, but to be able to see 20/20 with essentially no pain and also no down time is what truly impressed me about Dr Paul Sanghera.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

Dr. Paul Sanghera's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Paul Sanghera is a nationally renowned cataract and refractive surgeon. He completed his bachelor’s degree and medical school at the University of Alberta, where he was on the dean’s list. He was the recipient of numerous awards and scholarships, including the Opal Hess Memorial Scholarship and the Dr. AJ Pauly Bursary in Medicine. Additionally, he was cited as the highest ranked applicant to enter the MD Program in 1997. Dr. Sanghera then specialized in Ophthalmology at the University of Toronto and went on to receive further postgraduate training in refractive laser surgery. Dr. Sanghera has been actively involved in research since his residency, including a $10 000 research grant from the Glaucoma Research Society of Canada and numerous ongoing projects using state-of-the-art technologies in cataract surgery and intraocular lenses. He has also lectured both nationally and internationally at major Ophthalmology conferences. He is currently a Lecturer at the University of Toronto, on staff at Mount Sinai Hospital and Kensington Eye Institute, both in Toronto as well as Stevenson Memorial Hospital in Alliston, ON. Dr. Sanghera is also actively involved in both resident and medical student education across the Greater Toronto Area. Dr. Sanghera is considered a pioneer in the use of new technologies to improve visual outcomes in surgery. Among his many other accomplishments, Dr Sanghera: -is one of the first surgeons in Canada to perform laser cataract surgery -is one of the first surgeons in North America to use trifocal intraocular lenses -is one of the few surgeons in Ontario trained in Collagen Crosslinking (CXL) and T-PRK for treating keratoconus -co-created and chaired Canada’s first laser cataract surgery teaching symposium Having performed more than 15 000 intraocular surgeries across Canada, Dr. Sanghera is recognized as a leader in his field. More importantly, this experience has afforded him the skill and knowledge to cater today's cutting edge technologies to match every patient’s unique visual needs.

• Hindi
  • Urdu
  • Punjabi language

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2007)

• Cataract surgery