Ratings for Dr. Ashok Baburam

Replaced 2 hips, performed a couple of minor clean out surgeries on my knee. Excellent results. His bedside manner is brusque: I thought he was aloof, once I got to know him I realized he's shy. You may wait to see him- but he always gets called out to emergency- and he'll stay as late as he has to to see all his patients. Great guy.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

my advice is , if you can see another doctor do it. i have one word for him and that is "incompetent".

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

baburam the butcher, explains nothing to you doesnt seems interested in your injury just wants to get you into the operating room.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Was very helpful and informative. Reconstructed my ankle after severe injury. Laid out a plan for a lengthy but full recovery. Only complaint I have was his reluctance to fill out forms I required to maintain my benefits, so I subsequently did not recieve required further treatment, surgery, air boot, physio, or pain meds. I am now permanently disabled and unable to work.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Please don't ever deal with this doctor if you wantbto keep your body parts. He is not doing any of his reporting especially if you are dealing with wcb.He has made my life living HE'LL and he won't give a shit. He chance his diagnosis and now I'm screwed. He also don't care for his patients at all. If he would this would of never happens.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Excellent! Call friendly, and quick. He also explained process and future options!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Excellent skill set polite and caring, if you ask a question, he will give you a direct honest answer, plus he is avery busy guy, he has no tolerance for foolishness and he means business.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

I saw this doctor on several occasions. Spent two hours on the make shift waiting room for both visits. For my initial consult I waited another half an hour In the doc’s office. When I finally saw this doc, he looked over my xray briefly and gave very little information only to follow up with his reception regarding details regarding my upcoming procedure. Barely even saw this guy on the day of my procedure and I barely caught the guy for feedback before he rushed out the door. I only gave him a 1 for knowledge since I really didnt get to chay with him. What a disappointing experience and uncomfortible experience!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I was at Cold Lake hospital on Friday sept 22 2017 to have hardware removal from my left leg witch is causing severe pain, was there at 11am. I made it very clear that I had to be out by 6pm latest as I couldn't get a ride after that time, I was assured it wouldn't be a problem, at 5 pm I had to leave as I had not been attended too. I still have the hardware in my leg I'm pretty pissed off,

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I'm not sure whether this is a rant or a rave. I was having pain in my ankle that (I thought) was due to stretched tendon/ligaments from rolling my ankle numerous times over the years. When I had I my X-rays and consult with Dr. Baburam, he claimed I needed my ankle replaced. Quite the shock hearing this. (By the way, no excessive waiting for extended appointments) However, he explained that the Alberta government doesn't (yet) fund ankle replacements. So he suggested that he fuse the ankle. I was afraid that I would have limited movement in the ankle. We discussed tightening the tendons/ligaments first to see how that would work out. He agreed and I was booked in for Dec. 2015. Done and done. I went back to graduated work duties Feb.1, 2016. Not bad. Then on Feb. 5, 2016 I got a massive infection in the ankle from the internal sutures. Off to my family Dr. for antibiotics booked a follow up with Dr. Baburam for review. I had 3 more recurrences of the infection before seeing him again and many more antibiotics. On seeing him, he informed me that approximately 25% of his patients get these infections. He was very apologetic. We decided to remove the internal sutures and out pins in. That was done in April 2016. The ankle wasn't feeling too bad. But I had subsequent infections and more antibiotics. Due to his and mine vacations, it February 2017 before getting in for a 3rd surgery. One pin was removed that was causing me some grief and 3 more sutures where removed. I saw Dr. Baburam June 2017 for a follow up. Everything seems to coming along fine. I still have somewhat disabling stiffness 50% of the time. It either "walks out" in a few hours or stays with me for the day. It depends on how hard I work it. Dr. Baburam said it may take another year until all is normal. When I see my family doctor next week, we will be discussing stem therapy for my knees. Wish me luck.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017