Ratings for Dr. Mark Hnatiuk

Dr. Hnatiuk is a stellar yet humble surgeon. He takes his time making you feel as if you are the most important person he has to care for in both the hospital and in the office and is receptive to what you have to say. He is prompt about answering e-mails and returning phone calls. Dr. Hnatiuk is also great about collaborating with other doctors as needed, to allow for the best possible outcome in surgery. Above all else, he is skilled in what he does. Our child had a problem that was refractory to repair, yet Dr. Hantiuk was able to correct it! We are thrilled with his level of skill, bedside manner, friendliness and timeliness.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

My mother had a serious fungal infection in her sinus cavity. Dr. Hnatiuk was exceptional in his care. My mother had been in severe pain, and after surgery she finally found relief. Our family is very grateful for the quality of care, professionalism and kindness of this gifted surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

I had a bad feeling just from my experience with the receptionist that booked my appointment. On the day of my appointment after leaving work early and on my way to the office I received a call that the Dr. could not see me and would have to reschedule. On the next appointment you would think they would be prompt. After waiting an hour the receptionist forgot I was there. It took almost two hours to see the Dr. I was told I would need to have an MRI to receive a hearing aid. I questioned the cost and was told "don't worry about it, your insurance will cover it." It is a good thing I checked, it would have cost me $750 out of pocket. I went elsewhere and was told the MRI was uneccesary, received my hearing aid and can hear wonderfully. No wonder Health Care costs are so out of hand!

Submitted April 25, 2013

I am writing this review because I do not want another parent to have to go through what my husband and I have been through. Dr. Mark Hnatiuk is a very nice man; however, he requested an unnecessary CT scan of our five month old little boy. With the results of the CT scan, Dr. Hnatiuk misdiagnosed our son as having a mild case of Craniosynostosis. Being first time parents and unsure of the outcome, my husband and I opted for a second opinion at Children's Hospital in Detroit. With one look at our son, the doctor at Children's questioned why any doctor would ever order a CT scan of his head. With many years of experience in craniofacial surgeries, she relieved us of all our worries and fears. Opt for a second opinion before making an unnecessary decision like we did.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

Dr. Mark Hnatiuk's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Kaiser-Permanente