Ratings for Dr. Jerome Goldberg

Thankful to have opportunity to read reviews and see both good and not so good. Well done and congrats to the successful ops, as for mine and obviously others when it didn't go to plan and finished up worse this Dr's response was poor. And that's being nice. I'm not interested in a cuddle or cuppa, never was, but when things didnt go as planned, this Dr's concern was obviously liability and not the patient. Look around, there are more professional Dr's who can and will respond when adversity strikes.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Dr. Goldberg did my second shoulder surgery in 12 months in mid 2016 - a laterjet procedure. He was shoulder specialist that is no nonsense, professional and old school - exactly what I wanted after going to a generalist ortho surgoen for my first recon which had failed after 12 months of pain and rehab. Goldberg prescribed a conservative and cautious rehab plan, but it worked - I went back to playing contact sport 10 months after surgery and the joint held up through a full season. I would go back if future problems arise.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

I have been seeing Dr Goldberg as a patient for some years after ongoing shoulder problems due to my work. He is a complete professional in every way. Yes, at first he was a little “gruff”, but he knows his stuff! He does not warrant the negative rhetoric from those who seem to need some sort of “special” treatment; he is special ergo “specialist” & we are special to him. If you do what he requests, you will improve. If you want an on-time doctor who gets to the core of your problem, then Dr Goldberg is the man. If you want tea & sympathy & idle chit-chat, then go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Saw him late 2014-2015. Wish I had of looked into this bloke more thoroughly because unfortunately all the negative comments about this Dr are seemingly correct. He didn't want to know about me after surgery had complications. I recall his comment was "nothing to do with me", yes that's correct. More so it was an affront that I could bring anything up that there was something wrong. As a result I dropped him and saw other professionals who thankfully looked into the injury and then diagnosed what Goldberg didn't want to know about. Unfortunately I am still getting treatment now in 2017 and pain killers for the rest of my life. From whats it now appears, there are questions as to whether or not I should have had surgery at all, or the very least these procedures. Other than lining Goldbergs pockets, which is how he made me feel, its been a disaster. Recommendation: Get more than one Dr to have a look at your shoulder or injury before making a decision. If your 'Specialist' makes you feel as though you are doing him a favour, look some where else.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

This guy ruined my life. Thought he was a good surgeon, now all I have is a bad scar and a ruined shoulder. Thanks doc.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

I had a rotator cuff operation in 1994 which was done by Dr Goldberg at Randwick Private hospital. I was woken up whilst still in theatre and the pain was indescribable. Dr Goldberg instructed that I have morphine injections every 4 hours. I suffered for 5 days in that horrible hospital, the staff were always late with my medication and became very angry when I buzzed to ask for pain killers. They often call nurses angels I couldn't find one angel among them, they were very unsympathetic and nasty towards me. My husband wanted to complain however I begged him not to as I was terrified that this would make things worse for me.. I now have a rotator cuff tear in my other shoulder but the trauma I went through (even after all those years) prevents me from having it repaired. I'm suffering but nothing compared to my time in hospital. Once my shoulder healed I had no further problem with it so obviously Dr Goldberg did a good job.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

Caring,sincere & straight to the point.I have had both shoulders operated on & my husband has had one done. We can't speak highly enough of him. I've been seeing him since 1998. He is always on time, unless an urgent matter arises. Yes, he is professional & "all business" , that's why he is a top surgeon with so many patients. He doesn't suffer fools gladly but he has a very dry wit. We think the world of him as a surgeon & a human being.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Professional, respectful, knowledgeable and experienced. Fantastic job on my shoulder, very good follow ups. The physiotherapy student learning during my post operative physio sessions said that they learn about Dr Goldberg's post operative rehabilitation program because it is second to none. I couldn't recommend Dr Goldberg more highly and was so glad to have been referred to him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Can't comment on the Dr's operation skills but can say he would be more helpful to his patients if he didn't usher them out of his room while they're still asking him questions. Very disappointing to have been recommended to see him to have him,On both consults, push me out the door. Wouldn't recommend seeing him for information about your predicament.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

I required a shoulder stabilization, I did not need to be spoken down to and made to feel like a nuisance in asking questions - almost every response started with 'Look here ... '. He charged (unjustified?) additional fees for international residents despite requiring no additional work or effort. Support staff were equally obnoxious and dismissive. I had lengthy delays on each appointment. At significant personal expense, I chose to have an operation with another surgeon. I am not questioning his medical judgement, although his attention to detail is not so clear as the other surgeon identified addition elements to my injury.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013