Ratings for Dr. Jerome Goldberg

I had a rotator cuff operation in 1994 which was done by Dr Goldberg at Randwick Private hospital. I was woken up whilst still in theatre and the pain was indescribable. Dr Goldberg instructed that I have morphine injections every 4 hours. I suffered for 5 days in that horrible hospital, the staff were always late with my medication and became very angry when I buzzed to ask for pain killers. They often call nurses angels I couldn't find one angel among them, they were very unsympathetic and nasty towards me. My husband wanted to complain however I begged him not to as I was terrified that this would make things worse for me.. I now have a rotator cuff tear in my other shoulder but the trauma I went through (even after all those years) prevents me from having it repaired. I'm suffering but nothing compared to my time in hospital. Once my shoulder healed I had no further problem with it so obviously Dr Goldberg did a good job.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

Caring,sincere & straight to the point.I have had both shoulders operated on & my husband has had one done. We can't speak highly enough of him. I've been seeing him since 1998. He is always on time, unless an urgent matter arises. Yes, he is professional & "all business" , that's why he is a top surgeon with so many patients. He doesn't suffer fools gladly but he has a very dry wit. We think the world of him as a surgeon & a human being.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Professional, respectful, knowledgeable and experienced. Fantastic job on my shoulder, very good follow ups. The physiotherapy student learning during my post operative physio sessions said that they learn about Dr Goldberg's post operative rehabilitation program because it is second to none. I couldn't recommend Dr Goldberg more highly and was so glad to have been referred to him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Can't comment on the Dr's operation skills but can say he would be more helpful to his patients if he didn't usher them out of his room while they're still asking him questions. Very disappointing to have been recommended to see him to have him,On both consults, push me out the door. Wouldn't recommend seeing him for information about your predicament.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

I required a shoulder stabilization, I did not need to be spoken down to and made to feel like a nuisance in asking questions - almost every response started with 'Look here ... '. He charged (unjustified?) additional fees for international residents despite requiring no additional work or effort. Support staff were equally obnoxious and dismissive. I had lengthy delays on each appointment. At significant personal expense, I chose to have an operation with another surgeon. I am not questioning his medical judgement, although his attention to detail is not so clear as the other surgeon identified addition elements to my injury.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

I've had two successful shoulder stabilization operations with Dr Goldberg, one in 1993 (R), one in 2006 (L), both have worked really well. He knows a lot about shoulders. I've had a couple of twitches which he looked at since 2006 and he assured me that they did not require further surgery - which they didn't, and he recommended physio and swimming, which helped. I work physically and this places quite high demand on my shoulders. I'd see him again with any shoulder problem.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013

I was under Dr Goldberg's care from 2002 to 2004. I found him to be the most punctual doctor I have ever encountered. He is formal - always called me Mr. He is professional and highly knowledgeable in his field. He performed revision surgery and accepted the medicare payment ("no gap") in full payment for the surgery even though I had caused the problem myself.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

Several medicos recommended Dr Goldberg as one of Sydney's top shoulder surgeons. A relative had successful surgery by him last year& I learnt he'd had extensive post grad training in NYC. Told his manner is formal and 'directive' in his approach with patients,I in fact found him to be very professional, informative & inspiring confidence from the outset. I needed a prompt rt shouder reconstruction asap ( RC repair,etc) This was organised & executed efficiently at Sydney Private Hospital, Ashfield.Dr Goldberg saw me directly before the op, again inspiring confidence and also later that afternoon post op, when he went through the findings with me and my wife. He checked me the next morning & advised on postop care.I was reviewed a week later at rooms & given further guidance: usesling for 6 weeks as forewarned before physiotherapy. Dr G has monitored my goodprogress monthly & I attend his preferred physio twice weekly. This man is an extremely able & competent shoulder surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

This doctor is not willing to spend more time with patient. I could feel he didn't like being asked questions, even of course I was concerned about my conditions and surgery etc. Not nice, no patience. Arrogant, arbitrary. I felt I wasn't cared for. Will definitely move on and won't have operation with him. Will seek another doctor who's more helpful.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

Shoulder Surgery. Had MRI to diagnose problem. Needed a rotator Cuff repair. Given information on exercise and recovery. Given pictures of surgery. Follow painful exersise regime and you will get a good job. Shoulder is better then ever.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012