Ratings for Dr. Steven M. Kobren

I went to primary care physician complaining of chest pains. Because of my age (40), he said it was most likely coming from stomach acid. I still had pain after 2 weeks of treatment so my coworker referred me to Dr Kobren. He saw me that day! After speaking to me, he said he was suspicious of it coming from my heart and ordered a stress test and a sonogram of my heart. He was able to perform the tests that afternoon- and he was right! There was a blockage and he arranged an angiogram and a stent for the next day. I am now pain free, and more importantly healthy! The office is busy- but extremely efficient. My other doctor had a much slower pace and seemed to spend more time with me, but obviously that didnt work out too well for me. I am forever grateful to my coworker for making such a good recommendation

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

I believe he is competent although he might be over-zealous with testing and procedures. Problem is that you feel like you are on an assembly line in a factory. If he gives you 30 seconds you're lucky and doesn't seem to have the patience to hear you out. Appointments are easy and most times they will see you within a day or two of your call, if urgent they will see you the same day. Just not my kind of doctor but I would possible use him for a second opinion,

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I recently saw Dr Kobren for a problem that I had for several years. I saw many "world class" doctors prior- in NYC, They couldnt figure it out. Dr Kobren examined me and correctly diagnosed it on the first visit! i was cured and now feel great. When I saw one of the previous doctors in nyc after that, he said that Dr Kobren made a great diagnosis- he was equally impressed. Im luck to have found him and have switched my entire family over to him.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr. Kobren is an excellent physician; my experiences at his office have always been positive. There is never a significant wait, and the office is extremely accommodating. There have been several instances in which I have called because I was not feeling well and was offered an appointment the same day. Exams are thorough and efficient, and his clinical judgement has so far proven to be excellent. Several of my friends and family see him also, and nearly all have mentioned his ability to pick up and address complicated and perhaps minute (yet serious) issues that might otherwise fly under the radar of a less experienced doctor. Good bedside manner too, really makes me feel comfortable. I trust him fully with my care, which, in my opinion, speaks the most to the caliber of clinician that he is. Would recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr Kobren is the best doctor I have ever seen. I always get an appointment the same day if necessary! He is a great diagnostician and can figure things out a lot quicker than my last doctor- and is always right! He is very busy( for obvious reasons), but makes you feel like you are his only patient . He is a rare find these days- hope he continues practicing for a long time!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

It's now a factory. Don't expect the doctor to spend much time with you and forget about dealing with the staff.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Dr. Kobren is wonderful physician. Another doctor misdiagnosed my high blood pressure. Through a series of tests Dr. Kobren found out I had MPS Syndrome which was acting up because of an herb I was taking.. I feel great now, I"m off medication and my blood pressure is normal. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Staff is the world's worst. Will never follow through with copies of tests no matter how many times they are notified. Have waited hours and weeks for requests, and still no response.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

This was my first time to this doctor. He was arrogant, dismissive, would not listen to my explanation of symptoms. Spent less than a minute seeing me and left abrubtly. I therefore could not trust his diagnosis so I ended up seeing another doctor. The other doctor recommended the same treatment which did work so he appears competent.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Well I was sent to Dr. Kobren from my Chiropractor back in 2003 who told me this is where you want to go. I have had stress tests every years since 2004 and I am a regular patient there. Dr, Kobren is top notch..

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Steven M. Kobren's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in Great Neck, NY