Ratings for Dr. Richard Wells

Excellent doctor. Very helpful, punctual, and brilliant. He truly cares for his patients. One of the best doctors I've ever had.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Best doctor ever. Smart, caring, helpful. Will answer all your questions. Doesn't rush your visit.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Fantastic Doctor! Not one bad word to say about him! He is kind, polite, patient, very punctual, brilliant, and truly cares about his patients! I highly recommend him, he is unlike any doctor I've had!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. Wells is amazing and I am alive because of him. He has been my doctor since 2008, one of the most unpretentious doctors I have ever met. Kind, caring and the go to guy for these bone marrow cancers/disorders in Canada. I owe my life to him.........

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I am posting on behalf of my best friend who was a patient of Dr. Wells' and who thought the world of him until he realized Dr. Wells and/or his staff had "forgotten" to put his name on the list for a bone marrow transplant for 6 months, despite my friend and his wife having asked them whether he was on the list at least 3 times (2 in writing) during that period and having been falsely reassured by his administrative assistant, Vicki (at the time), and from him that he was on the list. My friend only found out he wasn't on the list when he asked his file to be transferred to another oncologist who was closer to his home. That was when Dr. Wells/his staff finally bothered to put him on the list. By that time, my friend had progressed from MDS to AML and his prognosis changed from good to guarded. My friend could have avoided chemo, had he been placed on the list on time. He ended up dying the most horrible death living his every nightmare and dying of complications of induction chemo. My problem with Dr. Wells' practice is the fact he seems to convincingly pretend to care and then doesn't actually take the most basic steps to ensure patients are taken care of. Knowledge is meaningless in the presence of apathy and there is a reason we use the word care in "health care". Research is for the doctor: The prestige, the advancement, the reputation, the money... Unfortunately, the patients are getting the short end of the stick here. I wish the wife would have sued or at least complained to the regulatory bodies concerned but she was understandably too devastated. My friend felt betrayed by Dr. Wells whom he had idealised, respected and seen as a potential saviour. It was heart-breaking to deal with my friend's disappointment with him as it made him feel that none of his health care providers cared about him because he was poor and not some capitalist big shot.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Smart, kind and always ready with all the answers to your tough questions. Thankful that he is the one treating me.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Excellent communicator, compassionate and responsive.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Kind, pleasant, professional. Took the time to ask questions AND listened to the answers. The best!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Excellent doctor, caring , and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Leading expert on MDS. His research will save many lives.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012