Ratings for Dr. Karen Kroeker

I love Dr Kroeker! Her nurses are awesome and are great at getting back to me with any concerns I have. She is usually on time which is rare for a doctor. She is thorough and is always on top of my case.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Dr. Kroeker is the best thing that happened to me since my colitis diagnosis!!! She got me on remicade and saved my bowel! That was over 8 years ago! I ended up being allergic to remicade but she got me on another drug that has been working awesome!!! On my annual visits she cares and is genuinely interested in my condition as a doctor and more importantly, a friend!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

She has been my gastro since 2011 she has been amazing with me and also my husband highly recommend her she is the best

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Staff is HORRIBLE! You can leave endless messages and emails and no one will contact you even when you cant handle your symptoms anymore. Even when you do get an appointment you see Dr. Kroeker for about 5 minutes, and she just talks about what new medication to put you on, or how you should bump up the dosage of the medication you're already on, even when the medication doesn't even help, or make a difference on your quality of life in the first place. You can tell no one in that office actually cares for any of the patients, she is just a pill pusher waiting for her pay cheque. Even when waiting for results from multiple tests her office will not contact you. This doctor has not helped me, and will leave you extremely frustrated.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Staff are terrible. Can't own up for their mistakes ever. Blame the patients. They hold medications if Canada post messes up and doesn't deliver anything to you. Leave messages and don't get back to you. I hardly ever see the actual doctor. Usually someone filling in for her or a resident. Stupidly annoying. Almost every time I'm there they switch my medication. Good job for trying to "help" a patient by messing up their health. When the patient actually feels good for once. This place is a huge joke. Don't go here.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Her office and herself do not care for the patient at all. Had a colonoscopy done by her. She changed my remicade schedule without even consulting me. Have no clue how the scope went as I was left a one sentence note telling me to increase my remicade. Extremely frustrated would never recommend.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

You wait 30 minutes for a 5 min appointment. She doesn't take the time to listen to concerns, and she is so quick to add more and more medication. Everytime I leave her office I'm frustrated because she doesn't look me in the eye or listen to anything I'm saying. I don't think she cares for her patients at all.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr. Kroeker is incredible. She is willing to get to know her patients and jokes with me during appointments. She puts me at ease with my treatment plan and makes me feel cared for. The nurses within the GI clinic are great! The reception folks at the GI clinic can be a bit rude and it can take a week or more to get a response when calling her receptionist (although she is lovely) but I understand she's very busy. Dr. Kroeker researched the socioemotional impact of IBD in pediatric patients so it gives a good reflection on her interests and how she cares for people. I come to my appointments prepared. I have a notebook with all of my medication start and stop dates, any surgeries, tests, or other diagnoses, contact info and appointment notes from the rest of my medical team, detailed notes (time, length, description, intensity) of any symptoms I'm experiencing, and any questions I want to ask her. The folks complaining may come to appointments unprepared and the "too posh to push" rater may have been a joke although it's totally valid to be upset over. Dr. Kroeker has a very dry sense of humor that I appreciate but I'm sure that she would quit joking if you let her know it upset you. I wish more doctors were willing to joke with patients about the shittily hilarious bits of their illness.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

She does not listen. She doesn't care if you are in pain .needs a new career this one not for cold hearted person she is

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Not thrilled with how she handles some things she seems to be not empathetic and it is impossible to ever talk to her or get ahold of anyone it takes way too long

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016