Ratings for Dr. Andrew Willoughby

stay away from this dentist, he completely messed up a tooth of mine that I may now lose. the other reviews were right too, he does get angry if you don't agree with him.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Let me start by saying that I am a "Dental Coward" I had been going to the same dentist for 26 years and the thought of seeing someone else filled me with anxiety. BUT...my old dentist ( whom I have seen every four months for cleaning) dropped the ball. For a couple of years he had said to me that I had two pockets that I had to keep clean, he gave me a little brush to clean between my teeth and told me to use it to clean between my back teeth twice a day which I did religiously . Doesn't sound like a big deal right? WRONG!!! These pockets were the start of periodontal disease which just kept getting worse. On my last visit he starting talking about bacteria, bone loss and surgery!!! WTH! My sister told me to talk to Dr, Willoughby. Thank god I took her advise. He gave me an option that was much better, cheaper and easier on me than surgery. I told him how scared I was and he and his staff took their time to make me comfortable. Dr. Willoughby explained everything he was doing and why he was doing it, He asked me many times during the procedure if I was okay. He was gentle, caring and professional. This man knows his stuff. He saved me money and pain and most importantly he saved my teeth. Thank you Dr. Willoughby . I will be singing your praise to anyone that will listen

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

My visit to Dr. Willoughby's office went extremely well. Staff took great care of me and answered any questions I had. They all were very friendly and have lots of experience. The work I had done was better than I had anticipated, this dentist definitely takes pride in his work. Not only did he repair my teeth, but he gave me options to how I would like the procedure to go. He explained everything before he did it to ensure I was comfortable. I left Dr. W's office very pleased and would recommend him to anyone. If you are looking for a professional who values his patients and goes above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction, Dr. Willoughby is certainly the dentist you should see.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Dr. Willoughby has been fantastic with my dental needs. I appreciate his patience, creativity and openness trying common sense solutions. He also values my opinion to my treatment and speaks English when it comes to the treatment and solutions. When I say it's uncomfortable or hurts, he doesn't force it and works out a solution. I don't actually dread going to the dentist. Prices are on par with other dental offices. His staff are great. His patients come back.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I am a person who never ever does reviews but this one I believe is absolutely essential. I had two other opinions from different dentists in White Rock and Langley before making a decision, one of which I was referred to by my previous Dentist. It was a huge decision, as I needed a LOT of work. Even though I had been going to my dentist/hygienist regularly on a 3 monthly basis they did not pick up on my real problem until it was really bad. Basically I had major periodontal disease and I had lost enough bone that some of my teeth were actually loose. The first dentist I saw wanted to extract 3 teeth and replace with implants. I then thought I’d get a second opinion - he wanted to extract 4 teeth immediately all in one procedure, I just couldn’t imagine how I would cope for 4 – 5 months with 4 missing teeth until I was ready for the implants and then another 4 – 5 months for crowns. I had seen Dr Willoughby’s website in my search but thought it was too good to be true that firstly he could be so close to where I live and secondly he specialized in exactly what I needed ie bone grafting and implants. I eventually approached him and after extensive x-rays and discussions he recommended I have only one tooth extracted and with other extensive cleaning at home he thought we could save the other teeth that the other dentists wanted to extract. He explained the cost and I was given a very detailed account and timeline. Really, having dental work is the same as lots of other things in life, if it’s major you need to do your research, be well informed and then put your trust in the person who is doing the work. Over the past year I have not doubted once that Dr Willoughby was the best choice I could have made. I am so incredibly happy with the result. It did take just over 12 months it was worth doing my research and finding the best dentist. I have referred several of my friends and family to him and they are all extremely happy.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Really, having dental work is the same lots of other things in life, if it’s major you need to do you research, be well informed and trust the person who is doing the work. Over the past year I have not doubted once that Dr Willoughby was the best choice I could have made.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I just don't get some people..... my wife and i have both read the below comments and we felt compelled to respond because our numerous experiences with this Dentist have been nothing but awesome. In our minds Andrew Willoughby is the best dental professional we have ever been to .His workmanship is second to none and he is a perfectionist at his craft. My whole family have been going to Dr. Willoughby for quite some time now. He is a knowledgeable, caring, honest and hard working guy and sure sometimes he runs behind BUT do you really want your Dentist rushing thru a difficult root canal?. I don’t think so! He has always given us treatment options and estimates for treatment and left the decision up to us without any hint of sales pressure! My wife and I have both had major dental work done by Andrew Willoughby over the past year and we are very, very pleased with the superb results. We refer our friends and family to his office because we think he is the best at what he does and people have actually thanked me for referring them. In most dental offices you can’t help but over hear what's going on in the room next door and neither my wife nor I, have ever heard Dr. Willoughby act or talk to patients in anything but a professional and caring manner and we should know because we have both spent a lot of time in his chair! We both have heard nothing but rave reviews about this gentleman from other patients, so the below negative and anonymous ratings sound like someone who either didn’t pay their bill or whose motives are highly suspect….. Graeme Garner.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

The dental office is one of my least favourite places to visit but my appointment with Dr. Willoughby and his team today was just great - and that's why i keep coming back. Brenda E.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Horrible dentist. Upsells you on things you don't need. If you say you'll think about it, he gets upset. Stay away from this dentist.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Bad dentist do not go see this guy... This is absolutely the worst dentist ever. Even when I read the positive comment below, it does not seem genuine. All he wants is money- gets mad when you say you will "think about it..." Attitude changes completely. Always talks about his stupid cars

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017