Ratings for Dr. Andrew Willoughby

I had a dental adventure to deal with. I am very hard on my teeth. After being referred to a specialist to get the dental work done. I opted for a multi disciple talented dentist who could do all the work and fortunately I located Dr. WIlloughby. From previous treatments performed by another Dentist, Dr. Willoughby performed two challenging re-root canals, one extraction of a fractured tooth crown and post and tooth prep for a worn tooth from wearing a partial for 8 years. He explained the risks and benefits of the planned treatments to be performed. It was the confidence Dr. Willoughby exhibited that convinced me to proceed and I'm absolutely happy I did. Two new post and crowns, one new crown and a fabulous sleek fitting partial later I am a tremendously satisfied patient. His knowledge, skill, straight forward approach, attention to detail, attentiveness to me as a patient and a great sense of humor makes him an ideal Dentist that I highly recommend. Serena and Paula you rock! Thanks to all for making the experience a good and highly successful one. I have my complete smile back. See you for my cleaning. DH

flag | Submitted October 12, 2018

Friendly front desk and hygienists but sadly Andrew does not reciprocate his. He seems to “know” what he is doing but I would question this as his practices seem expiremental. I had my wisdom teeth removed by him in August and during the surgery he caused some nerve damage that has left me with the right side of my tounge being numb ever since, he said it would go away in 2-3 months but this has not been the case. I would think twice before going to him for oral surgery’s and have made plans to see another dentist if I ever need anything more than a check up.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Have you met a narcissist before? Dr Willoughby can be charming, he brags of his extensive knowledge and expensive machinery and accomplishments unlike most dentists who rely on happy client references for referrals. If you have problems in a procedure, he will always come up with a rationalization that doesn't make him look bad. Basically no one can be great is all the modalities he lists on his site. I think the man is smart and works hard, but overconfident and a genius salesman. He may even sincerely care, and no doubt many do have a good experience with him, but I wouldn't do any out of the ordinary procedures with him though he sounds persuasive. I did and it was nothing but frustration and runaround. I can back up the other reviewer that I found him very immature and defensive when the procedures weren't going well.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

This man is a self-centered, egomaniac. Dr. Willoughby was my dentist for a few years after he and his ex-colleague set up practice in Prince George. I would only consider his work to be average. He treats his staff HORRIBLY! I have seen him yell at staff! If you disagree or challenge anything he says, he literally turns an angry red. I have even seen him treat his clients poorly. As far as his dentistry; he did a root canal on one of my teeth and I kept going back because my bite wasn't right and I was in a lot of pain. This went on for 2 YEARS! He wouldn't believe me. I finally went to another dentist and had it repaired in one visit. No more pain after that. I have since moved from Dr. Willoughby and I couldn't be happier with my decision. This man needs help!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

stay away from this dentist, he completely messed up a tooth of mine that I may now lose. the other reviews were right too, he does get angry if you don't agree with him.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Let me start by saying that I am a "Dental Coward" I had been going to the same dentist for 26 years and the thought of seeing someone else filled me with anxiety. BUT...my old dentist ( whom I have seen every four months for cleaning) dropped the ball. For a couple of years he had said to me that I had two pockets that I had to keep clean, he gave me a little brush to clean between my teeth and told me to use it to clean between my back teeth twice a day which I did religiously . Doesn't sound like a big deal right? WRONG!!! These pockets were the start of periodontal disease which just kept getting worse. On my last visit he starting talking about bacteria, bone loss and surgery!!! WTH! My sister told me to talk to Dr, Willoughby. Thank god I took her advise. He gave me an option that was much better, cheaper and easier on me than surgery. I told him how scared I was and he and his staff took their time to make me comfortable. Dr. Willoughby explained everything he was doing and why he was doing it, He asked me many times during the procedure if I was okay. He was gentle, caring and professional. This man knows his stuff. He saved me money and pain and most importantly he saved my teeth. Thank you Dr. Willoughby . I will be singing your praise to anyone that will listen

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

My visit to Dr. Willoughby's office went extremely well. Staff took great care of me and answered any questions I had. They all were very friendly and have lots of experience. The work I had done was better than I had anticipated, this dentist definitely takes pride in his work. Not only did he repair my teeth, but he gave me options to how I would like the procedure to go. He explained everything before he did it to ensure I was comfortable. I left Dr. W's office very pleased and would recommend him to anyone. If you are looking for a professional who values his patients and goes above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction, Dr. Willoughby is certainly the dentist you should see.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Dr. Willoughby has been fantastic with my dental needs. I appreciate his patience, creativity and openness trying common sense solutions. He also values my opinion to my treatment and speaks English when it comes to the treatment and solutions. When I say it's uncomfortable or hurts, he doesn't force it and works out a solution. I don't actually dread going to the dentist. Prices are on par with other dental offices. His staff are great. His patients come back.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I am a person who never ever does reviews but this one I believe is absolutely essential. I had two other opinions from different dentists in White Rock and Langley before making a decision, one of which I was referred to by my previous Dentist. It was a huge decision, as I needed a LOT of work. Even though I had been going to my dentist/hygienist regularly on a 3 monthly basis they did not pick up on my real problem until it was really bad. Basically I had major periodontal disease and I had lost enough bone that some of my teeth were actually loose. The first dentist I saw wanted to extract 3 teeth and replace with implants. I then thought I’d get a second opinion - he wanted to extract 4 teeth immediately all in one procedure, I just couldn’t imagine how I would cope for 4 – 5 months with 4 missing teeth until I was ready for the implants and then another 4 – 5 months for crowns. I had seen Dr Willoughby’s website in my search but thought it was too good to be true that firstly he could be so close to where I live and secondly he specialized in exactly what I needed ie bone grafting and implants. I eventually approached him and after extensive x-rays and discussions he recommended I have only one tooth extracted and with other extensive cleaning at home he thought we could save the other teeth that the other dentists wanted to extract. He explained the cost and I was given a very detailed account and timeline. Really, having dental work is the same as lots of other things in life, if it’s major you need to do your research, be well informed and then put your trust in the person who is doing the work. Over the past year I have not doubted once that Dr Willoughby was the best choice I could have made. I am so incredibly happy with the result. It did take just over 12 months it was worth doing my research and finding the best dentist. I have referred several of my friends and family to him and they are all extremely happy.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Really, having dental work is the same lots of other things in life, if it’s major you need to do you research, be well informed and trust the person who is doing the work. Over the past year I have not doubted once that Dr Willoughby was the best choice I could have made.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017