Ratings for Dr. George Chami

i have been under two Gastroenterologist's care for the last twenty one years. l had to be hospitalized last weekend with a colitus flareup. In so much pain I didn't realize that my now Gastro only had practising rights at the General Hospital. Unfortunately I went to the Pasqua and had to deal with the on call Specialist that didn't even bother coming to see me. I requested another Specialist and agreed on having Dr. Chami do the Colonoscopy as he has done an Endoscopy on me before and although found him to be extremely arrogant performed the test without any issues. Dr. Chami, I told you that I have had appromimately ten Colonoscopy's and having a low pain tolerance was always given extra sedation to help me get through the procedure. Your answer was I keep my patients comfortable. I truly believe that you need to go through your so called Awake Sedated method and see how you react. I realize you were fitting me in and it was close to 6 pm but you torched me and traumatized me so bad that I was still in shock when they took me to a ward. I am 71 years old and all I can say is that I got through your procedure without having a stroke or heart attack or you Dr. Chami would be facing a law suit. There are many Excellent Gastroenterologist's in Regina, you are definately not one of them.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2018

Put my mind at ease and great ,friendly ,funny staff.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

Dismissed me twice saying I could not see him if I didn’t take the drugs. I want to try other alternatives but want to follow my disease with a specialist - whether that progress is positive or negative. If I don’t follow his recommended course of treatment, I was told there was nothing more he could do for me. I just want him to keeps tabs, send me for MRIs and help me understand them. That’s it. But he won’t see me. Find someone else - seriously.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

He is really bad for explaintin ,he didnot spend any time with patient

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I've seen Dr. Chami for a few years now, and he has been absolutely fantastic. He is incredibly intelligent and well-respected (various doctors I've seen speak very highly of him). He takes the time to answer all of my questions in person, calls me with test results and explains them thoroughly, and in serious situations, I've been able to contact him at the hospital. I've also been weary of taking some medications due to the side effects, and Dr. Chami has been wonderful in working around that personal preference. However, he is honest, when I get worse, that I would have to take certain medications based on his recommendations. In which case, I've trusted him and have recovered extremely well! I can truly say I wouldn't be nearly as healthy as I am today if it wasn't for him, and all of the characteristics I've listed above. Just be an advocate for your own health, and you will love having Dr. Chami as your primary Gastroenterologist!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Dr. Chami listens and cares. He takes all symptoms seriously and follows up promptly. His current receptionist is amazing!!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

My husband was sent to him to do a procedure , he just scoped my husband and did not do a dam thing for him, it was a total disappointment, When one Dr. sends you somewhere the other ones will not override his decision. My husband finally went for surgery even though there were other options, but no one no one offered them to us. My husband is now dead as a result of surgery done at the famous????????St. Pauls hospital, dead at 66, cannot believe it, be careful very careful in your decisions for your loved ones.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017

Best Doctor appointment I had ever been too! I have had gastro issues for years and family doctors have just been brushing me off or giving me new medication. Dr Chami made me feel welcome, heard and understood with a treatment plan in place within minutes! Great experience!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Recently had a procedure done by Dr Chami & I found Dr Chami & his nursing assistants to be very caring allowing me to relax as much as possible during such a procedure.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Horrible.. Doesnt care about your well being or your thoughts. Waited year to get no where.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017