Ratings for Dr. George Chami

Doctor Chami was great. He saw how concerned I was and had an extra procedure done on the spot. I would greatly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Arrogant and not a pleasant person to be around. Patients with health issues want to be comforted not insulted. Do not recommend, find another doctor if you want genuine help!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Chami came highly recommended by my family doctor. During my appt today, Dr. Chami took the time to explain my procedures in a language I understood and listened intently to my answers. He didn't rush the conversation. He was engaging and brilliant. The procedure was over before I knew it and I was explained some initial results immediately. Great experience!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Chami may have good technical skills but his people skills have deteriorated over the last few years. I contacted Dr. Chami on the advice of my family doctor. It was less than a year since I had seen Dr. Chami so I did not need a new referral. While I got in quickly for a procedure he spent more time berating me for coming back to see him than he did on the procedure itself. If he didn't think he needed to see me again why did he book the procedure in the first place?

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I'll get right to the point, this guy is an arrogant, rude, condescending jerk with zero bedside manner and people skills. He started off by dismissing pain as me having come into ER with a little bit of pain, I was actually in so much pain that even after being given intravenous morphine the ER doctor couldn't perform a rectal exam on me because I was in to much pain. He then dismissed the ER doctor's diagnose and said I had a tearing inside and he was going to prescribe me Metamuscil and some ointment before he had even examined me. This is also what I have been on for 2 years and obviously hasn't worked. After being given the sedative for the colonoscopy he rammed the equipment despite me screaming in agony and passing out of the pain. He never waited for me to regain consciousness afterwards and was gone when I woke up. All I got from the nurse was a business card and that I was supposed to see him in 4 weeks for another colonoscopy. Not in this lifetime. Stay clear people.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

For 5 treats now after repeatedly doing the same G I tests he had changed his opinion on my case three times the last visit I was told I had a narrowing as a result of scar tissue with no explanation given to me I had to ask how did I scar tissue since I haven't a surgery on the small intestine then without looking at me he said from Crohns and did I want to try a stronger drug or speak to a Surgeon I chose the Surgeon since he had just put me on Perdnisone for the fith time he even ASKED me had he ever had me on the drug the Surgeon said no surgery was needed. And Chami told me he was not giving anything for a treatment other than stay away from gassy foods Well Iam staying away

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

After 2 procedures and one office visit, I will DEFINITELY not br seeing this ego maniac again! The GI i was seeing perviously retired, I was the referred to CHAMI. I was previously diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis which requires me to have 2 masses checked through ERCP every 6 months. My old GI did the first procedure under sedation, but had to give up because I "fight the sedative" causing more issues. All procedures after we're done Jewish anaesthetic and no problems. When I ADVISED CHAMI of this his words were "I don't do things the way he did"! I have two ERCP's with CHAMI and both times spent 2 weeks in agony, because he refuses to put me under!! The procedure last week was to place a stent In my pancreatic duct, I was advised the procedure would be done under anesthetic, and even the letter confirming the procedure stated under anesthesia. Long story short, this man told me he would be using sedation again as I was laying the table. This time I began to wake during the procedure, and fought it!! I spent 2 days in hospital after in excrutiating pain, on third day CHAMI couldn't be bothered to see me, told nurses I could discharged and "self medicate" at home! Thankfully my GP has prescribed medical canabis and morphine for pain management, this way I can barely manage the pain, went to GP yesterday to be referred to another GI, and an ultrasound to see what is causing so much pain. The worst part is I was feeling pretty good and had high hopes of this stent helping to relieve some more!! It isn't looking that way right now, and CHAMI seems like he could care less! All I can say is BEWARE, it seems CHAMI is ok with minor stuff but this might be over his head!!!!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

I have seen Dr Chami four tines in the last month and found him to be a nice person and I think he does a very good job. You don't get to talk to him for very long before the procedure takes place, and unfortunately the nurses afterward don't seem to know what exactly took place. It's okay though as I know he has done something good because I feel better.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I've seen this man twice in the past months. First time he was very arrogant and clearly had no interest in talking to me. I laI'd on the bed for my gastroscopy while he stood out of view asking questions. I only saw his face for a moment as he came forward to start. Procedure was without complicatons or memory. Second a point mentioned was for both gastroscopy and colonoscopy. Again terrible bedside manner. I became alert during gastroscopy. Coughing, gagging and crying was not given more sedativery. When that was over I told the doctor he did nit have permission to do colonoscopy unless I was fully sedated. He did it anyway! I begged him to stop twice and was told he'd be done soon as he continued for several more minutes.it was very painful and I feel very viplated. I will NEVER see this man again. The only thing he has going for him is his staff. The woman I dealt with was grear. Avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Saw this doctor today as my other doctor just retired. He was rude, made me feel bad about myself and called down my previous doctor for doing lots of tests on me over 5 years. Most were done when I was in the hospital with my condition. My old doctor saved my life so I took great displeasure in what he said of him. I will be looking for a new GI doctor tomorrow. He really never cared about my condition and his bedside manner was terrible. Spoiled little boy growing up with money is what I got out of him. The government paying this man $1000.00 for a visit is highway robbery!! If he had to go out and compete for clients he'd lose or change his ways to get paid.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016