Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Summerfield

Dr. Summerfield was so caring and listened to my concerns. I had seen 2 ER doctors and an urgent care doctor before I saw him. They were quick to brush off my symptoms, but Dr. Summerfield actually took the time to educate me on what was going on with my condition. He and his medical assistant are so quick to return my phone calls and help while I am recovering. I would recommend him to anyone!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr. Summerfield is a great neurologist. He quickly knew that I did not have neuropathy. I had seen a previous neurologist and was showing signs of neuropathy. But I was getting worse and the neurologist kept telling me there was nothing he could do. I asked to see a different Dr. If it wasn't for Dr. Summerfield and his correct diagnosis of NOT having neuropathy, I feel that I could have had permanent damage to my spinal cord. He ordered another MRI and he found I had a tumor in my spinal cord that was pinching off my nerves. I feel blessed by being led to his office and to Dr. Summerfield .

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

The worst doector I have ever dealt with. Like others have said he is rude, doesn't listen, and does cursary exams. he never listened to me. My primary care physician had to order another MRI because Dr. Summerfield wouldn't because he didn't believe me. I woould not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I saw Dr. Summerfield today for the first time. I was diagnosed with MS about 13 years ago. My neurologist left his practice and Dr. Summerfield took his place. I had forms I needed filled out, for disability, which were just follow-up forms. I have been on disability for 5 years now, due to MS issues. He was very curt/borderline rude. He examined me, by which I mean he had me squeeze his fingers, checked my eyesight and reflexes and briefly looked over my file. Took him less than 10 minutes to do this. His conclusion. "I don't think you have MS, after my exam." ?!?!?!?!? REALLY???? Wow!! It's a miracle!! What an irresponsible doctor to just so flippantly throw something so carelessly out there. He asked to have my MRI's requested. I told him they should already be in my records. That he should have them. He acted bothered, when I asked him if he could take a moment and look for them. Instead he wanted me to come back and see him in 4 weeks, which would give him time to "order" them and then I was dismissed. I've never been so disgusted in a neurologist in all my 13 years of seeing them. Now it's time to find a respectable neurologist to replace the one I was seeing. Don't bother yourself with this guy. He is a sorry-excuse for a Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

My wife was diagnosed with MS and was referred to Dr Summerfield. He seems like a nice guy but seemed to not understand much about MS. When my wife saw him she was in the middle of a MS attack and the MRI showed new lesions on her spinal cord and said that doesn't necessarily mean that her MS is progressing. When we told him the medicine she was on wasn't working he didn't suggest what we should switch to but expected us to know which one we should use. When we went to another Dr he told us that the medicine Dr Summerfield suggested was nowhere near what she should have been taking and told us which medicine to use and why it was so much better than the other. So Dr Summerfield may be a good Neurologist for other diseases, however if you have MS don't see this Dr.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

I went to this agency 20 years ago after an accident left me with a concussion, a doctor treated me but now that doctor only seers ms patients so I was given to Dr summerfield recently as I am experiencing many symptoms related to the accident. I made my appt, had tests. Dr. Summerfield left me a stunning message on my phone about the tests that shocked me. I asked the agency to get records from the u for comorbudity but when I went in for follow up summerfield punted and acted like a shrink and even faked going 2 look at my u MRI. I lam in pain, still have weakness, short of cash, and took the am off work- cannot reccomend this charlatan

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

flag | Submitted April 22, 2012

Very knowledgeable, professional, personable and easy to talk with. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Dr. Summerfield is easily one of the very best physicians in Utah. Before being referred to him, I had been enduring the unpleasant effects of an undiagnosed neurological condition for more than 10 years. I saw numerous physicans (including other neurologists) who had been unable to provide me with any answers. Dr Summerfield not only provided a diagnosis, but also effective treatment that has given me my life back. He has been extremely accommodating in addressing all of my concerns and answering my questions. His staff has been excellent about scheduling timely appointments, taking messages and managing medication with the pharmacy. Dr. Summerfield is a top notch physician who deliver's information in a clear and caring manner.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

My primary physician requested Dr. Summerfield to evaluate my spiking blood pressure, and weakness, tingling? and numbness in my extremeties. Dr. Summerfield refused to listen to all my symptoms and performed a very cursory and in my opinion inadequate examination lasting approximately ten minutes. He only wanted to hear my two main symptoms. All he did was to ask me to follow a pencil with my eyes, squeeze his hands and tested my reflexes. His only suggestion was that I see a psychiatrist for possible Panic Attack. I went away from Dr. Summerfield knowing no more than when I went in to his office. He was abrupt, brief and not the least bit helpful.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2011