Ratings for Dr. Johannes Malan

Dr. Malan has been my Family's doctor for a few years now. He is amazing with my children they love him. He is kind and understanding, very thorough and always refers out if he needs to.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I went to see him about pain in my knee. He did not bother to examine the knee and tole me to take. I had to ask for an x-ray. When I returned to get the results he said the x-ray revealed nerve compression in the lower back. He said nothing could be done but to take Tylenol. Again, he did not bother examining the knee or my back. Given the nerve compression, I asked if physiotherapy would help. He said no. I went for physiotherapy anyway. After looking at the x-ray the physiotherapist explained how the nerve compression and tight muscles were causing the knee pain. After 4 treatments the knee pain was gone. I have since switched doctors.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr. Malan, is very thorough, easy to talk to. I was able to get in to specialists with ease and even an MRI. Calls back for review of blood work especially in areas of concern to the patient. I would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Both my husband and myself find Dr. Malan to be understanding and thorough. He has responded well to any health concerns that we have had. We feel lucky to have found someone we can count on.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

He does not know his patient well and what's going on with the patient. I asked for a referral specialist and he does not give me any referral.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

I have been going to doctor Mulan for two years now. He i an average doctor, average wait times and average staff. Nothing to brag about but nothing to complain about until my last appt, do disappointing. Scheduling messed up my time, the nurses didn't send out my previous tests for diagnostic and dr Mulan didn't seem to care that I had wasted an hour of my day. When they messed up on multiple levels. He is a nice guy and I think he is knowledgeable on something things, but women's health is not one of them. I will be switching doctors.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

Dr. Malan was great. His staff made room for me to see him the same day (as I said I could not wait). He sent me for blood work right of way. We followed up on the result and I needed more blood test. He was very concerned and knowledgeable. After being in the hospital HE asked for a follow up (does not come too often from a Dr.)

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

I just had my "meet and greet" today with Dr. Malan and could not agree more with the majority here.Very knowledgeable,helpful with such a friendly personality..I'm so glad to finally have a family doctor that cares.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

Kind knowledgeable and quick response! He and his staff are great.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Very quickly responded to a very serious situation, fast Diagnoses and treatment, kind and respectful.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2012