You may also like

Rate Dr. Maurice M. Khosh

Dr. Maurice M. Khosh's Ratings

I have been unhappy with the size of my nose since young adolescence. I also suffered from breathing issues due to a deviated septum. After consulting with at least six ENT/facial plastic surgeons, I found Dr. Khosh. I was impressed by not only his knowledge and expertise, but also with his caring and compassionate attitude. He uses cutting edge technology and the staff is amazing and supportive throughout. It has been six months since my rhinoplasty/septoplasty and I am extremely satisfied with the results. I would highly recommend Dr. Khosh to anyone who is contemplating having plastic surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2875482].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I commend Dr. Khosh for his talents and charming disposition. I had a terrible work-related accident on 11/11/11 (a date hard to forget) wherein I walked full-tilt into an unmarked glass door with my face. (The company has since put frosted dots on the door.) Those who saw the accident said that my body flew back like I was in a cartoon and others in the office could hear the thud clear across the building. I went to a local hospital and fortunately, the plastic surgeon that came in was competent and able to sew up my face with 14 stitches. Needless to say, he could do nothing about my broken nose, nor the damage that it did to my sinuses and my inability to wear my reading glasses because I would get terrible headaches.

I was referred to the doctor by my general physician and found Dr. Khosh to be very kind and empathetic since he, too, had had an accident where his nose was broken. Since I really don’t have that many photos of myself where there’s a close-up of my nose in profile or any other way, Dr. Khosh was still somehow able to work out what it used to look like from some wedding pictures. Mind you, my nose was far from perfect to begin with, but it was mine after all and I just wanted it back without a scar and all of the complications that were a result of the accident. Of course, there are no promises when dealing with such surgeries and he was very honest and said that in addition to repairing my nose, he would also address the sinus issue but could not swear that the pain on the bridge of my nose where my glasses rest would go away.

The surgery was a tremendous success, of course! My nose is my nose, the sinus situation has pretty much gone away and my glasses don’t cause my head to pound any longer. Miraculously, the scar is not nearly as noticeable, assisted by yet another procedure that he was able to do to do successfully.

His assistant, Betty, did some back-flips for me, too, by deftly navigating the joys of Worker’s Compensation insurance. She made the process very easy for me since she knew I was already scarred both literally and figuratively from the accident.

Dr. Khosh is not only a phenomenal surgeon, but also a very humble and gracious Park Avenue doctor which is not usually in keeping with someone with his skill, expertise and credentials. I would recommend him to anyone and if I turn out to be that person who wants a little work done when I’m older, you know where I’m headed—580 Park.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2859774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

The best Docror in N Y C. Thanks Dr Khoshs Dora Benitez

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2603967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

Having suffered an unaddressed broken nose in childhood followed years later by an unsuccessful sinus/rhinoplasty, I spent the past 20 years futilely searching for a competent otolaryngologist/facial plastic surgeon who could give me breathing relief as well as reconstruct my cauliflower nose. My worsening breathing issues this year drove me to use the internet (I live in Florida and Connecticut) to search for surgeons anywhere with "before" photos of patients with issues similar to mine, only to continue to find a number of surgeons who, in spite of their having very high opinions of themselves, in the final analysis could deliver very little of what I had hoped for which was simply a straight, symmetrical nose that I could actually breathe through.

Then at last I found my doctor, Dr. Maurice Khosh, (on ratemds.com!) and the lovely, patient ladies on his office staff. Dr. Khosh, who is a kind, sincere, and highly accomplished surgeon carefully studied my nose and asked to see before and after photos of me re my first rhinoplasty so as to best provide me a new nose that would also uniquely fit my features. In surgery he preceded to address my breathing issues while rebuilding the bridge of my nose and with the need for new cartilage from my ear was able to reconstruct the entire rest of my nose. He surely used some "medical magic " to accomplish this feat as my donor ear still appears and feels completely normal in every way. He also had been ready and able to use my rib cartilage had that been necessary.

Every morning when I brush my teeth now I look at a miracle in the mirror. If you are a Raggedy Andy, or Ann as I was, look no further than Dr. Khosh to patch you up and put you back together again - good as new or even better!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2593918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

Great, honest surgeon. Staff is courteous. I had Sculptra filler injected ( by another ps) in face which, within a year, migrated to my eye area, resulting in chronic granulomas and inflammation. Fortunately, Dr. Khosh has been able to diagnose and control the problem with surgery and medication.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2486801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Dr. Khosh is a wonderful doctor with great bedside manner. On February 14th, 2014 he performed an endonasal DCR to create a pathway in my blocked tear duct. From the start, he was very compassionate and answered all of my questions with patience and great detail. I felt 100% comfortable in his care. I would recommend him to anyone seeking medical procedures in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][180038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2014

Having researched many ENT/ plastic surgeons in both London and New York we decided to have Dr.Khosh operate on my 16 year old sons very complicated Septum. As an actor and singer we were very anxious about how this would affect his look and his voice. My son had his surgery six days ago and Dr Khosh has just removed his splints and stitches. Immediately my son could breathe from his left nostril and incredibly there was not one bruise on his face. The aftercare was amazing and Dr Khosh always answered our questions personally before and after surgery . As far our experience is concerned from start to finish Dr.Khosh was reassuring , gentle and we couldn't have asked for a better result.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][180037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2014

I'm a 30 yr old woman/NYC who had a rhinoplasty & septal repair effected by Dr. Khosh. Talented doctors can straighten a nose or remove a hump, but it requires a specific cosmetic surgeon to take it a step further to make someone look beautiful. Dr.Khosh took that step. It is extraordinary. A few research and experience based comments, which will hopefully be helpful if you're looking: (i) he is a facial superspecialist was named top 10% in NYC through physicial survey Castle Connolly 2014, had his residency and fellowship at top US institutions, and was awarded the Maxwell Abramson Teacher of the Year Award from Columbia University Medicine. Follow-up, both pre- and post-, was highly diligent and he has a gentle personality. He was president of the New York Facial Plastic Surgery Society, but the real accolade? My nurse whispering to me on the way to the OR "He is one of my favorites. I like how he works". This one flies under the radar, but the work is at the highest level. A first rate find. I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][180035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

Dr Kosh is a wonderful doctor. He was recommended to me by my plastic surgeon as I needed to have my deviated septum fixed. It was the first time I met him and he was so calm, kind and reassuring, I knew he was the doctor I wanted to perform the surgery. He was honest about the results and I am happy to say I now breathe much better. I now plan on using Dr. Kosh for any ENT problem that may occur in the future. He has an excellent bedside manner

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][180036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2014

Excellent doctor, very soft and painless and tells you everything without sugar coating it, he is not money hungry and works very well with victims of crime with or without insurance, excellent surgeon would not use anyone else but him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][180034].votes_count ]]