Ratings for Dr. Timothy A. Tierney

Absolutely useless. Left me to suffer because he said he isn't familiar with my medication. ??? Educate yourself then how dare you. So much for do no harm. Just useless.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Doctor is rude and arrogant and tries to reason with intimidation- staff not much better. Staff is typical of the Melrose Wakefield stereotype - snooty and rude

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

I have to concur with the previous two reviews. The front desk receptionists are rarely skilled in anything but grabbing a copay, and although it shouldn't matter, they hardly ever smile. I, too, have been with this dr. for a long time (about six years) and now have been searching for a new one. When I first went in for a physical, I made sure that I had my list of concerns (I'm 45 now) to ask the doctor about. He basically waved off all of them and said they were nothing to be concerned about. It was the equivalent of somebody saying, hey, what are you worried about? - you look fine. Still, I have concerns which are unanswered and seem to getting worse (colon, prostate, skin, etc.). Time for me to proactively get a new Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

I foolishly stayed with this Doctor for years. I had been complaining of nausea and extreme insomnia and pain and he did nothing but say "what do you want treated first?" and "Do you want a specialist?" Turns out, I had a huge gallstone that required emergency surgery. He used to be personable and listen, but over the years everyone I have seen in his office have become uncaring and complacent. I heard the office staff turn down a diabetic for is meds appointment because he couldn't afford the co pay, I offered to pay it and the office person said "No' and basically that he needed to learn his lesson. I learned mine alright, I am now at a terrific practice. The wait times are ridiculous and completely treated me as if I was not really sick. Guess what? I am. Thanks for nothing.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

The doctor himself isnt too bad, its the office thats terrible. The staff arent friendly, they NEVER return phone calls, and they can be rude at times. We always wait at least 30 minutes past our appt time, once was 1 and 1/2 hours! I wouldnt waste my time with this office again.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Dr. Timothy A. Tierney's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Melrose, MA