Ratings for Dr. Jon Saunders

awesome facility, amazing staff & Dr. Jon is the best; if you are looking for a new chiropractor or new to the whole thing this is the place for you. check them out!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

I have suffered with migraines for years and after approx a year of seeing Dr Jon I can say I am migraine free and feeling amazing. My daughter who is 11 has also been seeing him...thyroid problem gone and flat feet now have slight curves and right from my daughter mouth "I have more energy" which means she is also more confident. I can't say enough about the staff and Dr Jon...he does his profession with passion and is meant to heal and help people maintain a vital and healthy life.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr. Jon and his staff are super amazing! I love every single one of my visits! Friendly and caring - you can't beat this amazing place!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

I have suffered with a chronic back pain issue for over 25 years. After the initial visit, I was fully aware of why I suffered with so much pain. Dr Saunders, through skillful manipulation of the neck and spinal cord, has relieved the chronic pain I have had to deal with for so many years. He, along with his wonderful staff are always open to listening to your issues and offering explanatory ways to correct the issues you have to deal with. I have been a constant patient with Chiropractic on Eagle in excess of three years and I highly recommend this Clinic to those who suffer the debilitating issues of back , upper and lower pain.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

This office is absolutely 5 stars in ALL aspects...from the front office team to Dr. Jon, you can tell everyone loves their job and their patients. I went in with a host of health problems and declining health. Dr. Jon performed a complete exam and x-rays in his office and showed my my problem areas and confidently told me what had to be done. I have to admit, I was skeptical even going to a chiropractor, as I had been to every other provider including other chiropractors. Fast forward, he was bang on and fixed me - feel healthier than I have in years and in control of my health. Kids love going to office as well, as my whole family goes now. Thank you!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I have never been a big fan of Doctors in general and yet alone a chiropractor! Back pain was a normal thing for me as it reoccurred several times a year. With pain meds and several days of gimping around it seemed to go away. In the summer of 2013, I was doing some yard work and the back gave out once again. But this time after a week at home, pain meds and no ending in sight, the wiser one in the family suggested to go and see Doc Saunders as she had seen his results from a customer on the Viva line. Reluctantly I went to the office and received the gambit of questions and x-rays. Pam was great explaining the things she was doing and then Doc Saunders appears with the low down and explained what is happening and what he is doing to do. My back was basically screwed for a 56 year old. We started the treatments twice a week for several months, then as things improved treatments were then scheduled once a week. All this with NO pain meds!! Tanya was great ensuring I would show for my appointments and being on time! Over time everything improved. My back straightened up, pain diminished, and overall health improved. Lost 30lbs as well to boot! There were a few short relapses, but I was on my way to a newer freedom. My new founded appreciation for Doc Saunders and his impeccable staff, Tanya and Pam, gave me a new outlook on my thoughts about Doctors! Physically, motion is so much easier than before, mentally it gives a great boost to ones confidence and moral. In hind sight, I am so glad that I discovered Team Doc Saunders! Thank you for your healing hands Doc! I still go once a week for an adjustment! I wouldn't miss it for the world! Bill de Vos

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

My 2 boys and I have been going to Dr. Jon for about 10 years or so now. I started going due to a reoccurring back pain... I would get "stuck" out of the blue (bending and not able to get back up, picking up something... etc. I also had pain on my shoulders (so sensitive that nobody could touch me there). Not only was he the only Dr. to be able to fix both issues but I am happy to say that they have not reoccurred once since. Dr. Jon have seen both my boys from a very young age as well and they both look forward to their adjustment every 3 weeks. Being very athletic and into contact sports, their body can take a lot of "abuse" at time but they know right away if they need an extra visit to Dr. Jon... It is pretty amazing to be able to listen to your body and know what to do... Thanks to Dr. Jon and his great staff... Always there to listen, accommodate, very caring and ALWAYS SMILING!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Jon for almost 11 yrs now. What started out as a visit to resolve back pain due to moving activities, Dr. Jon was also able to assist me with painful and nagging shoulder pain. This shoulder pain was due to a work related injury in another province. After multiple doctors' visits for this shoulder pain - one of which wanted to cut the nerves to my shoulder (which didn't happen), there was no impact or relief. After Dr. Jon saw me, he took the time to thoroughly investigate the source of my shoulder pain, which he found to be originating in my neck. After a series of visits, not only was my back in better shape, but HE was the one that offered me relief from my shoulder pain through his chiropractic treatments. I can't thank him enough for this. Through his wonderful care and treatment, I now only need to see him on an 'as needed' basis. As a health care professional, I would highly recommend, and have recommended, Dr. Jon and the folks at his clinic. There's no better around. Thank you, Dr. Jon. MK

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

My 7-year-old son suffered with debilitating migraines from the age of 3. With an average of two to three migraines per week, every area of his life was impacted, including school, sports, and playing with friends. After several years of seeing a neurologist, trying various vitamin cocktails, eating high-protein breakfasts, and seeing an acupuncturist, I was left with two options: i) start him on a daily migraine medication that had potential serious side effects; or ii) try a chiropractor. I was very nervous about the thought of a chiropractor manipulating my son's neck...it took me a year to make the appointment! We have now been seeing Dr. Jon for 9 months and my son's migraines have virtually disappeared. His energy levels are through the roof and he is excelling academically, socially, and in a number of sports including hockey. Dr. Jon is great with kids and adults alike, putting them at ease and answering any questions you may have. His knowledge gave me comfort and he has achieved something that I thought was impossible. Thank you Dr. Jon for giving my son his life back!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

When starting chiropractic care, I could barely walk up a few steps because of pain in my lower back. A few treatments took away the extreme pain but, after assessment, I discovered that the basic problem was my neck and also that far more weight was placed on my right side. i have been seeing Dr. Saunder for just over five years and I am pleased to say that I am now able to tilt my head back fully and the neck curvature is no longer a problem. I continue to see Dr. Jon every second week for maintenance purposes. I have no reservations about recommending Dr. Saunders - he is knowledgeable, thorough and obviously cares deeply about improving the health of his patients. It is a great experience to receive the required adjustment in such pleasant surroundings.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

Dr. Jon Saunders's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a teenager, help with chronic migraines is the main reason Dr. Jon decided to become a chiropractor. “I understand what a patient feels like when they are not well because I started out as a patient as well,” says Dr. Jon. “I really feel that because I experienced firsthand what chiropractic could do, it has allowed me to be very empathetic to the suffering patient sitting across from me in my exam room,” he continues. Dr. Jon’s experience as a chiropractic patient in his teens and the experience he gained during his internship has fostered a compassionate nature that allows him to quickly develop an understanding of what his patients are going through. Dr. Jon is passionate about health and wellness and established Chiropractic on Eagle in Newmarket almost 13 years ago, upon graduating from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College where he graduated Cum Laude. He also received the Lloyd Pennington Memorial Award for having achieved the highest overall admissions score for his applicant year. Prior to studying chiropractic, Dr. Jon earned his Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology from McMaster University, where he also graduated with distinction. During his internship in his final year at chiropractic school, Dr. Jon had the privilege of working at the Sherbourne Health Centre, where he treated patients in this extremely busy clinic, which served the downtown inner-city population. This included people in Toronto’s new immigrant communities and groups who are at risk for chronic health issues. It was here that Dr. Saunders developed a passion (and the compassion) for helping people from all walks of life. Dr. Jon is committed to continuing education and providing the most up-to-date chiropractic care and to this end he has completed post-graduate training in pediatrics and pregnancy care, gentle adjusting techniques (Thompson Technique, Chiropractic Biophysics, Pettibon, Impulse Instrument), sports injuries, and nutrition. Dr. Jon is very fortunate to have built a thriving practice which boasts a large family/pediatric patient base. He believes exceptional health needs to begin at birth starting with the formation of healthy habits that can last a lifetime. Passion for his work is what drives Dr. Jon to continually give back to the community, which he does by offering his expertise and enthusiasm in a variety of ways such as being a volunteer coach, community/corporate lecturer, and in the past, team chiropractor for the Newmarket Hurricanes and Aurora Tigers Jr. ‘A’ Hockey Club. One organization that Dr. Jon is committed to supporting, which holds a special place in his heart is Chiropractors with Compassion an organization that supports underprivileged children’s projects around the world. In his spare time, Dr. Jon loves spending time with his wife Suzanne and their two amazing children – Silas and Sybil, travelling, learning new things, playing golf, and doing anything related to fitness.

• English