Ratings for Dr. Donald J. Jacobs

Dr Jacobs has been my family physician for 20 years. I seldom sit in the waiting room beyond 5 minutes and the same once I go into the exam room. I am comfortable with him and his entire staff. I have dealt with various health problems for both myself and my children over the years. Anytime he has felt he is not the correct choice for a specific treatment, he has referred me to specialists - i.e. sports injuries, additional testing, etc. I am very pleased with his professionalism. He takes the time to listen to any problems I'm having and to explain options and treatments as well as preventive measures that can be taken. I dread the day he will retire. He genuinely cares for and about his patients.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

Worse doctor visit of my life! I just went in for a pre-employment physical and I sat in his office for 40 minutes, by myself, and when he finally came in, the only thing he talked to me about was my weight. Dr. Jacobs actually told me I should starve myself! It's one thing to tell me that I'm overweight and I need to exercize, I expected that. But to tell me that I should starve myself!?! He went on and on about how fat I was and how much prettier I could look! It was unprofessional on his part and degrading to me. He didn't even check my eyes, ears, reflexes, ect. I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS HORRIBLE DOCTOR TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Dr. Donald J. Jacobs's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1957)

Commercial Insurance Company