Ratings for Dr. Naomi Severin

Worst bedside manner of any physician I have ever been to! Makes you feel rushed and does not listen.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr Severin completely dismissed my concerns. She thinks tsh tells everything. I'm not making up my symptoms. She doesn't listen. Her personality is something that I wouldn't come back to. Goodbye Dr Severin.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

She doesn't care! I waited months to see her and she didn't even listen to my concerns. She always cut me off! Don't see this doctor!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I felt rushed every time I saw this doctor. I barely have time to chat about my concerns. Once I was late and her secretary scolded me. I think I should find someone else.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

I personally would never go back to Dr. Severin. Much to my surprise and concern, she completely ignored my mother's multiple symptoms that indicated she was hyperthyroid. Instead she looked at Mom's TSH and said it was in the normal lab range so no thyroid medication would be prescribed. When I mentioned to her, that TSH should not be the sole indicator to my mom's thyroid health, but rather symptoms should also be evaluated, she dismissed that idea, and still refused to prescribe any medication for my mom. Of course my mom's untreated thyroid got worse. She ended up in hospital, and we almost lost her once from tachycardia. Fortunately there were 2 hospital doctors (GP's), that looked at her symptoms, and asked her sternly why she hadn't seen an Endocrinologist and been put on thyroid medication. They prescribed medication for her hyperthyroidism, and we watched as her health returned.

Submitted June 20, 2016

Dr. Naomi Severin

Dr. Naomi Severin's response
This is very distressing for me to hear. What an awful thing for you and your mom to go through. I sincerely hope she has recovered well. As a physician I do my very best to consider the entire picture, including signs, symptoms and testing. I would welcome any correspondence from her family physician.

Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr Severin has been amazing to me. She has assisted me with my graves disease and I'm on the road to recovery.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

I was recently referred to Dr. Severin and found her to be one of the most thorough and thoughtful doctors I've ever been to. I've been to enough doctor's offices to know that not everyone gets along with every doctor, but I can't imagine why other patients had a hard time with her. She took her time to explain exactly what she thought was happening and what my options were and she listened to my questions, and I'm sure not all of them were as well informed as they should be. I thought she was great and would gladly recommend her to any of my family or friends. She is not a family doctor, she is a specialist and a great one.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

She's the best of the best!! So grateful to have found such an excellent specialist.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

She has no clue regarding anybthyroid issues. I got second opinion and clearly have thyroid issues. She felt my neck and sent me on my way. Please get another opinion is she sends you away.

Submitted September 1, 2015

I've been to 5 other endocrinologists in the lower mainland. By far Dr. Severin is the best. I suffer from several hormone issues following removal of a brain tumour. It's a fairly rare tumour, messes with the hypothalamus and pituitary. I have done a lot of research into my condition, Dr.Severin was respectful of the fact that I might know a thing or two. How refreshing. She managed to balance my thyroid in one try and is referring me on to a Dr who specializes in extreme fatigue. Totally worth the ferry trip and long ride to see her. Thank you very much for excellent care!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015