You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Naomi Severin

I was recently referred to Dr. Severin and found her to be one of the most thorough and thoughtful doctors I've ever been to. I've been to enough doctor's offices to know that not everyone gets along with every doctor, but I can't imagine why other patients had a hard time with her. She took her time to explain exactly what she thought was happening and what my options were and she listened to my questions, and I'm sure not all of them were as well informed as they should be. I thought she was great and would gladly recommend her to any of my family or friends. She is not a family doctor, she is a specialist and a great one.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Her way or the highway! Disrespects other specialists (with more experience, knowledge and practice) and is rude, arrogant and condescending in everyway. Will not listen or consider patients symptoms. Your opinion means nothing. Textbook all the way. Not everything is black and white. I honestly felt her treatment plan for me, was the worst possible and would have had the worst possible outcome. She is the WORST!

Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr. Naomi Severin's response
I really am distressed by this feedback. One of the most important aspects of my job as a physician is to listen to your symptoms, consider your point of view and those of other specialists, and provide helpful advice. I am sorry you had this experience and I hope going forward, with whichever doctor you chose, you find some answers and a treatment plan that works for you.

Submitted May 4, 2016

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

She has no clue regarding anybthyroid issues. I got second opinion and clearly have thyroid issues. She felt my neck and sent me on my way. Please get another opinion is she sends you away.

Submitted September 1, 2015

I've been to 5 other endocrinologists in the lower mainland. By far Dr. Severin is the best. I suffer from several hormone issues following removal of a brain tumour. It's a fairly rare tumour, messes with the hypothalamus and pituitary. I have done a lot of research into my condition, Dr.Severin was respectful of the fact that I might know a thing or two. How refreshing. She managed to balance my thyroid in one try and is referring me on to a Dr who specializes in extreme fatigue. Totally worth the ferry trip and long ride to see her. Thank you very much for excellent care!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Went to see her based on the excellent reviews over here but my experience was not great. She is polite and likes to educate the patient. But she goes by TSH only and is not keen on even considering other treatment options other than Synthroid for hypothydroidism. Several of my other hormones are also low, and this was quickly dismissed by her. I have a feeling that she may be more comfortable with diabetes than with other endocrine issues.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Dr. Severin is a great Dr. and greater person. She is very helpful and answers all questions with patience and care. She is a true professional in her field. The way she is taking care of my medical problems I can not thank her enough. May God bless her.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Great endo.Very positive,helpful,non-judgmental,wonderful dr.I am grateful to have her. Always happy,upbeat,and has a helpful,positive staff.I worked in health care for 45 years and she is one of the very best.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Dr. Severin is an amazing specialist. She listens to my questions and concerns and seems to recognize that the patient is a "partner" in health. Anyone referred to Dr. Severin should consider themselves very fortunate because she genuinely cares about you as an individual.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

The best Endo I have ever had! Helpful, friendly and very, very caring. Treats you with the ultmost respect.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

Dr. Naomi Severin's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was recently referred to Dr. Severin and found her to be one of the most thorough and thoughtful doctors I've ever been to. I've been to enough doctor's offic..."

May 19, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Her way or the highway! Disrespects other specialists (with more experience, knowledge and practice) and is rude, arrogant and condescending in everyway. Wil..."

April 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She's the best of the best!! So grateful to have found such an excellent specialist. "

February 9, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "She has no clue regarding anybthyroid issues. I got second opinion and clearly have thyroid issues. She felt my neck and sent me on my way. Please get anothe..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been to 5 other endocrinologists in the lower mainland. By far Dr. Severin is the best. I suffer from several hormone issues following removal of a brain t..."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Went to see her based on the excellent reviews over here but my experience was not great. She is polite and likes to educate the patient. But she goes by TSH on..."

November 21, 2014
  • City changed from "New Westminster" to "Surrey"

February 7, 2012