Ratings for Dr. Ira J. Goodman

My daughter had migraine headaches for years. We finally went to Dr Goodman. He did some special nerve treatments on her and when this failed he started giving her morphine and fentnyl. A young girl of 17 years old on this highly addictive stuff. She became so dependent on it that she couldn't go to school and barely left the house. When I confronted him about her condition and was worried about her dependency he got offended. He told us that he could take her off but it would take some time. My poor daughter needed to put at Linden Oaks in Naperville to get off this poison. He hands opiates out like they're candy. He destroyed my daughters life for a number of years, but she is learning to cope in more natural ways. Beware of this doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Excellent doctor who has helped me through my back and knee ailments. Always has time to talk to you as a person and has kept me in the game. After a rear end accident and a referral from my neuro surgeon, I have been pleased with his treatment and his approach. I suggest he is one of the best in the area and will do everything he can to help you manage your pain situation! Pat K

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I had to respond to the person who posted on March 31, 2015 and very recklessly suggested that Dr Goodman's license be revoked. You have got to be kidding me?? Revoke the license of the best pain doctor available? You obviously have problems with your father which I am sure happened long before Dr Goodman came into the picture! There are far more patients that need Dr Goodman to help them to continue to enjoy life as much as possible and we depend on him. And I am neither high as a kite nor in withdrawals. I suggest you take your frustrations out on someone who deserves it and leave this caring physician alone! He is top notch and has worked hard to get where he is. Your post was just so evil and contained ZERO merit to say such things. I am offended that you would post such nonsense about such a great doctor. Please feel free to take your father elsewhere. I'm sure you are the expert on his pain!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Office manager sucks. She can't schedule the Dr's appointments very well, you wait in excess of 2 hours. Very condescending attitude.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Office manager sucks, her scheduling skills suck, her communication skills suck, Dr. should fire her, oh wait it's his wife!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Office manager is awful & very condescending, her scheduling skills suck! More than 2 hour wait! Dr. is great & knowledgeable but can't fire the office manager since its his wife!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Goodman has been my father's doctor for about three years now. He has done nothing for my dad except for giving him whatever narcotics that he has requested. My dad was diagnosed with MS seven years ago and has been seeing him for pain management, instead of helping him to get to a point to physical therapy or other treatments- he has forced a serious opiate addiction on him. He gives pain killers out like candy at a candy store, I really hope that his license is revoked and unless you want to see your loved ones become addicts do not take anybody you know to this doctor. I have heard that people have better results with his partner at their practice, but as you can see from the fifteen other patients (going through withdrawals or higher than a kite) in the waiting room- it seems that this pain clinic does not believe in any other therapy besides overdosing the patients on narcotics.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I was fortunate enough to have found Dr. Goodman nearly 11 years ago. I happen to be one of those patients with a myriad of issues not easily treated by a general physician. Dr. Goodman was able to give me some quality of life back and I would go as far to say that he in fact saved my life! I've read those who commented that he didn't care, was only in it to perform expensive procedures and one comment that said he screamed at them. This is not the Dr. Goodman I have come to know and trust. Not at all. I have found him to be compassionate, caring, empathetic and very talented and knowledgeable. If one wants to complain about the drug tests, then look to all of the DEA rules that Dr. Goodman must follow. The government is in his business more than you know. As for expensive procedures, this is part of a plan to help a patient control their pain. Dr. Goodman always listens to me and gives me all the time I need. We make the mutual decision to have additional procedures done and I am open to any suggestion to be able to live with pain that is tolerable enough to contine working and living as normally as possible. While I admit his billing staff has much to be desired, it is a small price to pay to get the highest quality of care that only Dr. Goodman can offer and I had been searching for someone just like him for over 20 years!! I have absolutely no reservations in recommending Dr. Goodman to anyone and I have several family members seeing him as well. One commenter called him a jerk and I find that offensive as he is anything but. Personally,I couldn't be more grateful to call him my doctor. I just follow the rules, many of which are imposed on his practice by the DEA. I have never been treated better by anyone in the medical profession as I have with Dr Goodman and I feel confident in saying this after 11 years of being a very fortunate patient of his. There is NONE better than Dr. Goodman!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

You wait forever and he only cares about his agenda - pitiful

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Dr. Goodman has been my doctor for 5 years now. He has controlled my pain and tried a lot of non-invasive therapies. I'm sure he could help a lot more if work comp approved hus recommendations. He has been a wonderful doctor and very easy to talk to. When I've had problems he was always quick to help me and he's very sympathetic to my pain. The staff is helpful and so polite to me they are like a family. They schedule appointments to best serve my time and busy life with kids. This is a wonderful doctor to go to. I've seen that a lot of people have negative comments and I'm so sorry for your bad experience with them. I hope you find a doctor that better suits your needs. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

Dr. Ira J. Goodman's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1983)

Assurant