Ratings for Dr. Ira J. Goodman

I would have to agree with many of the unpopular remarks made here about Dr Goodman. BUT, he has given my great relief from the cronic pain that I have lived with for almost 10 years. Yes, he did prescribe narcotics, and yes, I am dependent uopn them. I will have to go for treatment to ever get off of them. But, the fact is that they HELPED ME! The people who are complaining about being put on narcotics could have refused to be on them. They were not forced to have procedures. He was following the protocol for helping people with severe pain issues! They also could have changed doctors, but I think they would have been put on the same or similar drugs. There are only so many thing that bring relief from severe pain! He IS very brusk and abrupt. And he expects you to follow the rules regarding meds to the letter. Sometimes he bordered on rude, BUT, I do not go to him for his personality. He wife, Helen, has NEVER been anything but kind and compasionate to me. My two major complaints are that he does not want to discuss anything related to personel problems and he will not talk to you on the phone AT ALL. He wants people to use his email portal, but he does not always respond. Communication is a huge issue. Nonetheless, he has an excellent knowledge of his field and has helped me a lot. THAT is why I go to him, not for his personality or staff.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I believe Dr. Goodman runs late because ge cares about thi patients. He takes the time to Listen to you He has been my pain doctor for a number of years & I wouldn’t change a thing

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

In as much as Dr. Goodman runs quite late and after waiting over an hour you don't receive the courtesy of an apology, I will say he takes the time to listen, type your comments in the record and answer all my questions. Once you are in the private setting, he is focused on you and not shoving you out the door. The MEDS nurse Cheryl is prompt, competent and pleasant. If the scheduling debacle could space patients out more and have procedures on one day and office visits on another to keep harmony, the marketing value would go a long way for patient happiness and probably a lot less stress for the Dr., his staff and the patient. The worst case if there is a gap of waiting for a late or absent patient would be free time for phone calls or a nice break. I find Dr. Goodman to be a very good pain physician.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

My daughter had migraine headaches for years. We finally went to Dr Goodman. He did some special nerve treatments on her and when this failed he started giving her morphine and fentnyl. A young girl of 17 years old on this highly addictive stuff. She became so dependent on it that she couldn't go to school and barely left the house. When I confronted him about her condition and was worried about her dependency he got offended. He told us that he could take her off but it would take some time. My poor daughter needed to put at Linden Oaks in Naperville to get off this poison. He hands opiates out like they're candy. He destroyed my daughters life for a number of years, but she is learning to cope in more natural ways. Beware of this doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Excellent doctor who has helped me through my back and knee ailments. Always has time to talk to you as a person and has kept me in the game. After a rear end accident and a referral from my neuro surgeon, I have been pleased with his treatment and his approach. I suggest he is one of the best in the area and will do everything he can to help you manage your pain situation! Pat K

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I had to respond to the person who posted on March 31, 2015 and very recklessly suggested that Dr Goodman's license be revoked. You have got to be kidding me?? Revoke the license of the best pain doctor available? You obviously have problems with your father which I am sure happened long before Dr Goodman came into the picture! There are far more patients that need Dr Goodman to help them to continue to enjoy life as much as possible and we depend on him. And I am neither high as a kite nor in withdrawals. I suggest you take your frustrations out on someone who deserves it and leave this caring physician alone! He is top notch and has worked hard to get where he is. Your post was just so evil and contained ZERO merit to say such things. I am offended that you would post such nonsense about such a great doctor. Please feel free to take your father elsewhere. I'm sure you are the expert on his pain!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Office manager sucks. She can't schedule the Dr's appointments very well, you wait in excess of 2 hours. Very condescending attitude.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Office manager sucks, her scheduling skills suck, her communication skills suck, Dr. should fire her, oh wait it's his wife!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Office manager is awful & very condescending, her scheduling skills suck! More than 2 hour wait! Dr. is great & knowledgeable but can't fire the office manager since its his wife!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Goodman has been my father's doctor for about three years now. He has done nothing for my dad except for giving him whatever narcotics that he has requested. My dad was diagnosed with MS seven years ago and has been seeing him for pain management, instead of helping him to get to a point to physical therapy or other treatments- he has forced a serious opiate addiction on him. He gives pain killers out like candy at a candy store, I really hope that his license is revoked and unless you want to see your loved ones become addicts do not take anybody you know to this doctor. I have heard that people have better results with his partner at their practice, but as you can see from the fifteen other patients (going through withdrawals or higher than a kite) in the waiting room- it seems that this pain clinic does not believe in any other therapy besides overdosing the patients on narcotics.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr. Ira J. Goodman's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Burr Ridge, IL