Ratings for Dr. Jose J. Echenique

Dr Echenique is very personable, knowledgeable and friendly. He is performing my second knee surgery in 4 years and he has answered all my questions and concerns. He always has a smile on his face too, which is so nice!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

I had a major knee injury that several doctors overlooked. Dr. E, told me my options and within 2 weeks performed the necessary surgery to get me back on track. He is the best!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

He is an excellent orthopedic Doctor,my husband and I have an had top notch experience with this Doctor so sorry he moved. Thank you so much for the positive experience. We wish you all the success in your new area, please contact us if you return to our city.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

What a informative doctor. I have seen this doctor 2/3 times. Honest /friendly,knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I got hip surgery by him and now I am pain free! He was so kind and his whole staff made me feel at home. He is truly an amazing surgeon and I am so lucky I chose to go to him for one of the scariest moments of my life

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Exceeded my expectations!! He repaired my shoulder rotator cuff and my shoulder is as good as new.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

His Staff is very pleasent And I was very pleased wuth the time he took with me. And put me in aqua therapy and go back in a month to see whats next.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

I had 2 appointments for a knee injury. Explained everything to me about my injury as well as what can be done to correct my problem. Great staff. I would recommend him to family and friends in need of an orthopedic doctor.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

great saff and the doctor very helpful and knowledgeable, highly recomend.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

I recently injured my ankle while playing sports and went to see Dr. Echenique. I am glad I will be able to play again because of him.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010

Dr. Jose J. Echenique's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jose Echenique is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who is fellowship trained in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder and knee. Dr. Echenique received his medical degree with Honors at Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH. While at Dartmouth he was the recipient of the Dartmouth-Mosenthal Anatomy Fellowship, a recognition given for his work conducting anatomic dissections, simulated surgical dissections, and his work as an anatomy lab instructor to other medical students. Dr. Echenique then went to complete an orthopedic surgery residency at George Washington University where he was chief resident in 2009. While in Washington, DC, he assisted in the care of the George Washington University athletes and served as team physician for the District of Columbia Public Schools. Dr. Echenique then received specialized training in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery during his fellowship at the world renowned American Sports Medicine Institute. While at ASMI, Dr. Echenique gained vast experience in the nonsurgical and surgical treatment of athletes at all levels from High School to professional. He was team physician for Concordia College, Hueytown High School, Gardendale High School and Fultondale High School, and assisted in the care of athletes from Samford University, Alabama State University, Miles College, University of Montevallo and the United Football League.

• English
  • Spanish

• Dartmouth Medical School (Grad. 2004)

• Arthroscopy