Ratings for Dr. Samia Barakat

I have consistently found Dr. Barakat to be professional, compassionate, caring, and extremely helpful. Her advice and support has helped me through many challenging times and I have appreciated her kindness and wisdom.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

I met Dr. Barakat through emerg at HSC after I had been sexually assaulted by another psychiatrist. While under her care, I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She failed, however, to advise me of the diagnosis, much to the detriment of myself and those who were required to provide care after the assault. It was only after examining my medical records did I become aware of the diagnosis.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

The previous comment is right on the money. She has got to be the rudest person I have ever met. Our whole healthcare system(if you could call it that)is quite full of people like her, not completely but still a healthy amount.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Where do I start? Well, she has the personality of...someone who couldn't care less. She has an ego the size of Texas, she makes people wait for her on your time, she brings new meaning to the word arrogant and I could go on and on. Look, if you care about your health stay away, very far away from her. She has the WORST bedside manner I have EVER seen or experienced, if she was in the U.S. she would have to hire a slew of lawyers.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2010