Ratings for Dr. Hank Lee

I wanted to give this physician a fair chance. I really did. He was super friendly during the entire phase of measurements and pretty talkative. Once it was in his office it was all business. He would ask me what I knew about this and I would start talking and he'd cut me off. Which defeats the purpose of asking me what I know about the disorder! No bedside manner. He ordered a bunch of unnecessary tests rather than just ordering blood work first. There would have been no need for the tests had he ordered blood work first. Really disappointed. I wish he wasn't associated with my ob/gyn practice.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

He talks way to fast, to loud when he calls you name. He doesn't want to treat you it seems. Never smiles doesn't like a joke in any way. Been seeing him since 2015. I avoided him in January and rebooked for today. I have an infected lump on my side. No care in the world. Treated my diabetes stuff, blood pressure, lungs feet thyroid. I asked about my red/purple lump that is very painful. He told me to go to the walkin clinic or my family doctor or the hospital. I mean any med that could help the swelling or infection would be great. But nope!! He refused to help it's not his area of expertise he says. I hate going there........

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Terrible doctor. I was referred to him about a thyroid problem and have a history of hypothyroidism in my family. He took one look at my test results, said i was fine, refused to believe any of my symptoms were real and said they were just in my head. He barely even glaced at the blood test results as they were just given to him and he was seeing it for the first time. He all bUT kiced me out. First thing I did was go to another doctor to get a second opinion. The second doctor took a look at my tests and was astonished that Dr Lee didn't see other red flags that point to another problem. He did not care about my wellbeing at all, missed important information, and didn't even considering listening. I've never had a worse experience. Rude and dismissive

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I was referred Dr. Lee for my hypothyroidism and I am grateful that he is my doctor. Although he lacks in the personality field he makes up for it in his knowledge and ability to answer all your questions. I went to my first appointment confused and concerned and Inwalked out of my first appointment filled with valuable information and insight to hypothyroidism. He doesn't baby you with causes and treatments. He is a straight forward in telling you the reality of the condition and he works along with you to get you to stabilize your levels. I look forward to all my appointments with Dr. Lee and highly recommend him for future patients.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

My experience with Dr. Lee was a little different than what I've read. No, he's not going to win any personality contests, but he was certainly pleasant enough. I have just been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, so this is all new to me. He listened carefully to what I said and was interested in my symptoms. He answered all the questions I had. He was very informative and made sure that I understood everything that he was saying. He gave me a tremendous amount of information. I left feeling like I was in good hands.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Knowledgeable. Lacks people skills but expertise makes up for it. For those people wanting additional blood work: it's not a specialists job to order blood work not related to your condition. You'll find this with all docs. Summary: communication and rough around edges but knows what he's doing

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I chose this doctor because his office is close to where I live. Basicallly I needed someone to monitor my thyroid levels after having my thyroid removed and I am on synthroid for the rest of my life. However, I agree with everyone. It's all work with him, no personality, he doesnt even look at you when go there. I dont like how he calls patients by their name so loud in a room that does not need such a loud voice. He sits and reads your file and then writes a prescription and then sends you off. I'd like to find another dr. too bad Humber River Hospital has him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

one of the worst Doctors I have ever met !!!!!! His staff is just as bad as he is....no people skills, no care, no compassion....the don't care about anyone.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

I have/had thyroid cancer and I was also referred to him by Humber River Regional... He is so rude, no manners, talks so so loud and also refuses to do blood work on anything else related to my cancer.... he say Im only treating you for your thyroid cancer and thats all.. but all the symptoms I have are due to no more thyroid.. he says to see my family dr... I have dumped his ass.. everytime I go into his office no one is there... so for a specialist you would think there would be patients but its always bar... Another unsatisfied patient...

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

I was referred to Hank Lee from Humber River Regional. Terrible experience. The man couldn't even look at me when he spoke to me. He refused to do certain tests. When I asked about alternative therapies like the insulin pump for type 1 diabetes, he questioned me why I would want to do that. I had to push and push for him to send me to a hospital that had an ADP accredited program. He is not a people person, does not like when you ask questions.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013