Ratings for Dr. David Nwankwo

Negligent! I told Dr. Nwankwo that I'm allergic to fluoroquinolones, which is a family of antibiotics. He then gave me a prescription for ciprofloxacin, which is actually classified as a fluoroquinolone! In other words, he prescribed me a medication that he knew (or should have known) that I'm allergic to. If I didn't catch his mistake myself after I left the clinic, the medication he gave me could have caused me serious illness. Unbelievable.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Was great the first few visits however this past visit for a scheduled appointment was over an hour past my appointment time and I still in the waiting room with no estimated time when he might see. I had other appointments that day as well so had to leave. Then has the gall to charge me $15 to renew my prescription because I did not do it during an appointment.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I really appreciated the way Dr. Nwankwo took the time to examine me and answer my questions. I informed him that a particular medication that was prescribed to me by a previous doctor didn't seem to be working and he explained to me why that medication was not suitable for me and gave me some alternative options. He was very thorough and patient, and I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

He is late, and his nurses forgot lab tests he requested. Only one issue per visit. During the physical, he doesn't do the actual physical check up. He leaves the room before you are done what you are saying as a signal that the appointment is over.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

I am really disappointed with this doctor!!! I had chosen him to be my new family doctor and just had my second physical scheduled. He would not see me because I was roughly 6 minutes late. I understand that he has to stay on schedule, but it was the circumstances that made this experience really bad. He would just email with the front staff to let me know that he would not see me. He did not care that the crazy winter weather was the reason for my being late and he would not even allow the staff to at least do my blood work (where his presence is not needed). That is bad behaviour and shows how little care he has for his patients. And I am not even gonna mention how often he was late and I have waited for him. I will never go back.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

Very kind doctor, with a pleasant attitude. He takes his time with his patients, and listens to your concerns. He is thorough and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Dr. Nwanko takes the time to listen and he requests the right tests to figure out what's going on. He is patient and I feel confident that my health is in good hands.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Dr Nwankwo is a great doctor. He is very polite and respectful and doesn't dismiss my concerns. He is always very kind and well mannered and I am usually always seen right on or very close to my appointment time. I would highly recommend this doctor and his staff and very nice as well.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

I really like this doctor. He is polite and he doesn't look down on his patients, he's also knowledgable and will refer you to an specialist if he needs more info or another opinion. I'm into alternative medicine and although that's not his field he didn't look at me like I had two heads when I disclosed that I was taking supplements. I hope some day other conventional doctors become as respectful as he is.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

I found Dr. Nwankwo very polite, professional, and genuinely concerned for the health of his patients. He afforded me plenty of time to ask questions and offered me his enlightened opinion. He was excellent at referring me on to a specialist as needed. I recommended him to a friend who felt she was being "under-served" and she has been very happy with him also. I'm so sorry to have to find a new doctor, as he is leaving my province. I would highly recommend him where ever he goes!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011