Ratings for Dr. Bernard Thess

Fantastic doctor & facility Helpful, kind, considerate and excellent at his profession

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Enjoy dealing with Dr Thess, however the long wait times and difficulty getting follow up appointments when something goes wrong is outrageous. I am still waiting nine months after surgery for a resolution to an issue that has come up post surgery. I do not blame him one bit for it - I feel his staff at the Portage clinic are disorganized and unprofessional (using personal cell phones while dealing with clients, not answering business line, talking football and other personal chatting) in my experience. While the reception area does not appear that busy, I have had to call numerous times to get through to a person, there is no answering machine, and reception refuses to take medical comments to pass along - they insist you must call back only when he is in office - which starts the whole round of numerous calls again. Not sure who's policy that is, but I can see it becoming dangerous should a person be in more serious discomfort than I have been. I wish something cold be done to lighten his workload because he is very good.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Dr. Thess recently removed my three year old daughters tonsilles and adenoids. Him and his team were amazing ! The anesthesiologist was also great ! They both came and spoke with us before hand to go over everything and as soon as the operation was over both Doctor and anesthesiologist came out to speak with us again. Our nurses were also amazing we were very lucky and had a nurse with us at all times monitoring our daughter. Thank you so much to all staff ! Our daughter is recovering great and isn't snoring anymore for the first time in a long time !

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Dr Thess was exceptionally good with my son. Ordered allergy testing and a sleep study but also checked him over to isolate the issue. Then gave us options to correct it. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Thess by my doctor because ever since I was a child I have never been able to breathe out of my nose clearly. He immediately saw the problem and scheduled me for a septoplasty, turbinoid reduction and rhinoplasty. When it came to surgery day, he came to talk to me beforehand, answered any questions I had and was very confident in his work, which really made me feel at ease. I am now almost 2 weeks post op and although still a bit swollen, I can breathe SO much more clearly out of my nose. It's amazing, can't wait to see how much clearer it'll get as the swelling goes down even more! He really did a great job, and I would highly recommend him to anyone! I also had a bit of a hump on the bridge of my nose and he did an excellent job smoothing it out!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Tess by a walk-in doctor after suffering from severe tonsillitis 7 times last year. Had my consultation first week of January and, to my surprise, could get my tonsils out as soon as early February. After undergoing 2 surgeries with him, he was very informative with my questions regarding post-op care and at home recovery. If only he could do more surgeries in Brandon....

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Dr. Thess and his staff were first rate. He is very knowledgeable and skilled. A very caring doctor who took the time to make sure everything was completed correctly.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Thess but after of waiting over a month without hearing from his office I called him and was told it will be a wait of about 8 months to see him and they will send a letter out 6 weeks before the appointment date to me. I only moved here from BC in Oct and this sure isn't Kansas Toto!

Submitted June 1, 2015

Awesome experience with him. There are 3 of us in our family who see him on a regular basis.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

One of the finest doctors I've been to ...sure has helped me I had sinus surgery a total of six times and every six months the tumor would come back he saw the real problem and did surgery I just had a six month checkup everything is clear.... Thanks

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015