Ratings for Dr. Svetlana Bosiljcic-Stojanovic

I went to see this doctor for varicose veins. The first sign something was wrong was when she wasn’t giving me a prescription for support hose because I wanted to shop around – said I could get it from my family doctor in that case (until I asked “so you won’t give me a prescription unless I get them from you?”). First incorrect advice/action was treating the smaller veins first. After realizing that her advice/treatment was biased to what would bring her money, I researched this and got advice from other doctors - you never treat the smaller veins first, they will just keep coming back because the source has not been treated. Second incorrect advice/action was telling me, after charging OHIP twice for treatments that could not be successful, that my veins were too deep and there was nothing to do but continue to wear compression hose and treat the smaller veins unless surgery became necessary. My ultrasound report indicated that these veins were deep to begin with. She should have known that regular injections would not work (if she did not). There may have been nothing else that SHE could do and charge for, but I specifically asked whether there were any other treatments could address deep varicose veins, and she said no! Ultra-sound guided treatments, which she does not offer, are routinely used to treat deep varicose veins which cannot be treated with regular injections. She would have had me continue going back to her office to treat small veins that were guaranteed to keep coming back since the source wasn't being treated and to keep buying compression hose, which assists in treatment of varicose veins - socks are not a treatment in and of themselves. Even when I called her office for a referral to a doctor who offers ultrasound-guided treatments (after discovering this treatment on my own), the receptionist told me no referral was required, but that it would take a long time to get in - that there was only one clinic in the area who offers this. I was seen and treated within two weeks. Dr. Svetlana Bosiljcic-Stohanovic should be ashamed!! My mother also saw her and she was pushing compression socks on her even though the ultrasound indicated that she did not need them. She may explain what she wants to explain in detail and may be personable and a good salesperson, but those of you who think you are getting good advice should consider getting a second opinion. You may be throwing money out the window.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

She is excellent. Very thorough in her explanation. Far from pushy. Very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

The service and treatment I received was phenomenal. I went in for a varicose vein consultation and Dr. Stojanovic took her time to thoroughly explain everything that I needed to know. Other clinics I've gone to for this treatment in the past have felt really impersonal and the doctor would always talk down to me, but here I felt very comfortable. You can tell she wants her patients to feel welcome. I've started going for vein treatment and have no complaints. I'd also like to really compliment the receptionist who was very friendly and made me feel welcome as soon as I walked in the door. Overall great service and great staff! Would highly recommend

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I was not fond of this doctor. I found her to be to pushy about me needing to buy compression stockings. I don't feel that she genuinely cared, and I felt like she was more in it for the money. I used to pay $80.00 for my veins, but the price went up to $100.00. A little pricey, especially that you need more than one treatment done every two three weeks. (I don't have health insurance). She's not always on time, which can be annoying when you're paying for parking. (And going bi-weekly). This place seems to have a turnover with receptionists (not sure why), but they were all very lovely.

Submitted November 21, 2015

Dr. Svetlana Bosiljcic-Stojanovic is a thorough, caring and knowledgeable doctor. Uses up to date tools (laptop)efficiently, discusses results and gives you options without preaching. She skillfully selects the best treatment and solutions.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

She is excellent! The best doctor I have ever been to!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010