Ratings for Dr. Victor Wong

After all the reviews I read about Dr. Wong I was apprehensive to go to him, but after going thru the procedure I do not know what they are talking about. Dr. Wong was informative ,knowledgeable, and performed the procedure to perfection. He explained everything step by step as he was doing it, allowing you what to expect. It was done without anesthesia and I walked out in 15 minutes . I would definitely recommend Dr. Wong for this procedure.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I'm not sure if this doctor is supposed to be in this field of profession. It's just disappointing how non-therapeutic and insensitive he is in handling patient. Had a bad experience with my first ever colonoscopy with this doctor. I will never go back or never ever recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Though it's pretty clear that patients who write reviews on this site are a self-selected bunch (ie. mostly people who have had either awesome or awful experiences), make no mistake about the absolute awfulness of Dr. Wong's effectiveness as a specialist. You will very likely have a terrible experience with Dr. Wong and his tough-as-nails receptionist. He will not likely be very helpful and you will likely be quite upset with his lack of desire to actually help you. He is not interested in what you think or feel. In my case, he ignored all of my concerns and obvious/visible physical symptoms (extreme bloating) and told me that it was nothing. I received a prescription for an anti-depressant because he believed that the cause of my extreme pain and massive weight loss was anxiety. No big surprise to me, a different doctor later discovered that it was a parasite that needed antibiotics. I don't blame Dr. Wong for his misdiagnosis - doctors are human after all; but it was his utter disregard for hearing me out that was most egregious. To be fair, he does seem to be quite good at coloncopies based on other reviews.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

A total embarrassment to the profession. He refused to see me because I was five minutes late to my appointment due heavy traffic on the bridge from an earlier accident. I was made to sit and wait an additional fifteen minutes while he decided whether or not I was worthy of his time when the receptionist just flat out states that he will not see me today and I had to reschedule. When their office called to book my appointment there were plenty of options, but now I was told the next appointment would be in four months. Now that I see all the negativity in these reviews I am thankful that I was late so that I never had the displeasure of dealing with this "doctor". He needs to get off his high horse and learn to treat people with respect. We have all spent countless hours waiting for appointments, but I guess Dr. Wong takes it personally when you don't get there on time. I have since been referred elsewhere and am ecstatic that I will never set foot in his office again. My advice to those who have been referred is to find someone else ASAP.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

The most unprofessional doctor I have EVER seen. He never even examined me. Sat at a his computer staring at it, and asking me stupid questions. No eye contact what so ever. He is a conveyor belt of colonoscopys THATS IT!! If you want that, then hes willing to do that. Anything else.... not interested. How can you help/diagnose someone without examining them..... beats the heck out of me. Receptionist probably the worst ever. Don't see him if you don't want a colonoscopy

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I am sure he is a good doctor in terms of skills and knowledge based on the postive reviews from patients who had Colonoscopy. However, for those who were referred to him for consultation and do not require any procedures eg. scopes, he is so far the worst doctor I have ever come across. He sure has no bed side manner, does not communicate , appears arrogant , rushed to kick you out of his office..... I felt he treats scopes patients way better because he is paid much more. His receptionist is even worse. She is very rude, not helpful , " don't call me", impatient . She gave false information on another patient with same last name when I was still in the middle of providing her the full name, she just did it want to spend time on any enquiry. She speaks like she is a specialist and pharmacist but she has zero knowledge on such.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

On his desk are 2 huge computers. In between a narrow space for eye contact which we did not have. I think he never looked at me once. No eye contact at all. He seemed irritated as I had a few questions and not totally convinced to do a scopy. I'm sure he is good in a technic al way (I hope) but I've never seen such a remote doctor. Receptionist has no basic politeness skills either. er.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I had both gastroscopy and colonoscopy done by doctor Wong on the same day, one after another. He's the one for both jobs. Confident, efficient, good and knowledgeable. His receptionist is helpful too.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Had a colonoscopy today dec 23/15 performed by Dr. Wong and done with speed and professionalism. He suggested to proceed w/out sedation which was a good call as I walked out within 15 minutes of procedure. He seems on the ball and his RN was excellent!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I read the comments and was amazed by the negativity. Having a colonoscopy is not exactly fun. hOwever it is what you make it. I had a no sedation procedure and besides the feeling of stomach pain as if it was "bad". And the fear of a massive carrot was uneventful. Will definitely be going back as needed.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015