You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Victor Wong

The most unprofessional doctor I have EVER seen. He never even examined me. Sat at a his computer staring at it, and asking me stupid questions. No eye contact what so ever. He is a conveyor belt of colonoscopys THATS IT!! If you want that, then hes willing to do that. Anything else.... not interested. How can you help/diagnose someone without examining them..... beats the heck out of me. Receptionist probably the worst ever. Don't see him if you don't want a colonoscopy

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I am sure he is a good doctor in terms of skills and knowledge based on the postive reviews from patients who had Colonoscopy. However, for those who were referred to him for consultation and do not require any procedures eg. scopes, he is so far the worst doctor I have ever come across. He sure has no bed side manner, does not communicate , appears arrogant , rushed to kick you out of his office..... I felt he treats scopes patients way better because he is paid much more. His receptionist is even worse. She is very rude, not helpful , " don't call me", impatient . She gave false information on another patient with same last name when I was still in the middle of providing her the full name, she just did it want to spend time on any enquiry. She speaks like she is a specialist and pharmacist but she has zero knowledge on such.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

On his desk are 2 huge computers. In between a narrow space for eye contact which we did not have. I think he never looked at me once. No eye contact at all. He seemed irritated as I had a few questions and not totally convinced to do a scopy. I'm sure he is good in a technic al way (I hope) but I've never seen such a remote doctor. Receptionist has no basic politeness skills either. er.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I had both gastroscopy and colonoscopy done by doctor Wong on the same day, one after another. He's the one for both jobs. Confident, efficient, good and knowledgeable. His receptionist is helpful too.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Had a colonoscopy today dec 23/15 performed by Dr. Wong and done with speed and professionalism. He suggested to proceed w/out sedation which was a good call as I walked out within 15 minutes of procedure. He seems on the ball and his RN was excellent!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I read the comments and was amazed by the negativity. Having a colonoscopy is not exactly fun. hOwever it is what you make it. I had a no sedation procedure and besides the feeling of stomach pain as if it was "bad". And the fear of a massive carrot was uneventful. Will definitely be going back as needed.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

He's an arrogant sexist doctor who doesn't take the time to actually examine or listen to his patients. He had some preconceived notions about my case and wrote off all my symptoms as psychological. His receptionist was just as bad - after suffering for 3 months I called for a follow up appointment which she declined me, stating that I'm just anxious and need to relax and I'll be fine. Oh, my bad, I didn't realize a secretary was a medical professional. I've lost 20% of my body weight from not being able to eat. I don't recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

The rudest, unhelpful doctor that I have ever encountered. I went in for serious complications after a surgery done by someone else. He just mocked me for doing it and even though I was suffering miserably, did not even prescribe a single test to see what was up. His secretary is even ruder than he is. Thanks for nothing. After a year, I saw a proper doctor and got an endoscopy. Turns out I had a huge hernia and my sphincter muscle was completely open Just because of his rudeness and laziness, I had to suffer for a year to just know what my problem is. Why be a doctor if you are not willing to diagnose a patient?

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

My appointment with Dr. Wong was all very positive. He was very attentive and asked all the appropriate questions about my medical history! Accepting a cancelation had my endoscopy 1 week later! I chose not to be sedated and couldn't be happier with the whole procedure. He went over the exam right away explained things very clearly. All the support staff including nurses were all very friendly and professional. Overall I would rate everyone as 5 star

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Dr. Victor Wong's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• Suite has been updated from "None" to "null".

May 24, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The most unprofessional doctor I have EVER seen. He never even examined me. Sat at a his computer staring at it, and asking me stupid questions. No eye contac..."

April 14, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I am sure he is a good doctor in terms of skills and knowledge based on the postive reviews from patients who had Colonoscopy. However, for those who were refer..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "On his desk are 2 huge computers. In between a narrow space for eye contact which we did not have. I think he never looked at me once. No eye contact at all. H..."

January 29, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had both gastroscopy and colonoscopy done by doctor Wong on the same day, one after another. He's the one for both jobs. Confident, efficient, good and knowle..."

December 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a colonoscopy today dec 23/15 performed by Dr. Wong and done with speed and professionalism. He suggested to proceed w/out sedation which was a good call as..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I read the comments and was amazed by the negativity. Having a colonoscopy is not exactly fun. hOwever it is what you make it. I had a no sedation procedure and..."

December 9, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He's an arrogant sexist doctor who doesn't take the time to actually examine or listen to his patients. He had some preconceived notions about my case and wrote..."

November 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The rudest, unhelpful doctor that I have ever encountered. I went in for serious complications after a surgery done by someone else. He just mocked me for doing..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Yes, he may lack bedside manner. But if you are getting a colonoscopy, he's the best to do the job. He is gentle, efficient, and makes you feel comfortable."

October 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My appointment with Dr. Wong was all very positive. He was very attentive and asked all the appropriate questions about my medical history! Accepting a cancela..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!...IT IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME. MY FATHER IN-LAW SAW HIM. HE WAS JUST TOTALLY RUDE. SHOULD BE REPORTED TO REGULATORS. ILL-MANNERED."

August 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had an unsedated colonoscopy with Dr Wong. Never had one before. I won't bother with sedation next time either. His bedside manner was excellent and the procedu..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my colonoscopy with Dr Wong. I did my research and know that people in the field consider him an expert at colonoscopies. He works hard as he even pushed..."

June 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "After weeks of pain, losing 20lbs, barely being able to function, we had all the hope in the world that this GI specialist would be able to help my wife who has..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had my first colonoscopy with Dr Wong at the Richmond hospital. As I had to drive myself home, I chose not to have a sedative. According to a nurse, Dr. Wo..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Super rude and arrogant I don't want to see this guy again. "

April 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgeable, punctual, works hard to fit the relevant tests in. He takes the time to follow up with patients and to do regular check ups so obviously ca..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "ARROGANT, UNPLEASANT, DISMISSIVE, bustler. He will not listen to you I am very disappointed that I’ve have to see that doctor."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wong was very knowledgeable about his work. He was very kind to me and very caring. I recommend this guy. I don't know what these other people were talking ..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "ABUSIVE, ARROGANT, RUDE, BELITTLING, DISMISSIVE, DISRESPECTFUL, UNPLEASANT are only a few words to describe this HORRIBLE doctor. He will not listen to your s..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Wong this morning and was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE experience. This doctor shows no respect, he is incredibly RUDE and DISMISSIVE. All my symptoms accord..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Just had my first colonoscopy with Dr Wong at Richmond General. He was very pleasant, introduced himself with his firs name, explained what he was going to do..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is incredibly rude and arrogant. He does the actual job well though and the colonoscopy was done without any pain or discomfort. He lacks complete b..."

January 5, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Doctor gets the job done but seriously lacks interpersonal skills needed for the job .He is very rude and arrogant."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I went for a consultation re a problem/pain I've been having for over 2 years - even though I've had dozens of diagnostic tests. I was hopeful to see Dr. Wong...."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "He just blew me off and said women are anxious by nature and that my pain is caused by stress and sent me away. Wow."

September 3, 2014