Ratings for Dr. Victor Wong

I was ready to cancel my appointment after reading some of these reviews - very glad I didn't. I was seen right on time, I only waited the amount of time I was early for (he didn't have a long wait list to get the appointment either). Dr. Wong is a young, obviously highly intelligent and thorough Dr. Could tell he does not take his time coddling patients and building friendships with them- instead he offered me his expert diagnosis and all options available. He offered further options we can try upon follow up if I would like. He could not have done anything better. His personality shows that he thinks, talks, and works quickly and efficiently. Since I did not see him for hand holding, I found him to be a wonderful Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Unfortunately the star rating is inflated because his receptionist is good and he was punctual. If I could give an overall rating, it would be 0 stars. Like other reviews, Dr. Wong is very arrogant and doesn't care about your symptoms. He just told me what I already knew about what to eat/drink and what not to eat/drink. He wasn't concerned about my severe chest pains, and dismissed my ulcer symptoms (they were textbook symptoms, but he told me because there was no blood, it wasn't an ulcer.... not according to Dr. Google). He diagnosed me basically by looking at me, and because I'm relatively young and fit, he said I was fine. He barely looked at me while I was in his office, treated me like an idiot and even answered his cellphone in the middle of our consultation. So, if you would like a doctor who will treat you like a human, and hey, maybe even an equal, don't waste your time with Dr. Wong. I should have read these reviews first and waited for a better option. You'd think after 7 years of similar comments, he'd make an effort to provide better care. Sounds to me like he hasn't changed, and he doesn't care.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Avoid this money hungry self centered cocky Mengele if you can.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

I can say that while I only saw Dr. Wong twice and don't know him very well, I would agree with and believe all of the negative reviews about him. After performing a colonoscopy on me, I attempted to ask him ONE question, but he cut me off and impatiently said "normal!!" and left the room, meaning my results were normal and I wasn't to ask him anything further. The nurse kind of implied that that wasn't the first time he'd acted that way, so I'm led to believe that he is rude to most patients. Not sure what his problem was, as he didn't know me, but maybe he was annoyed that I'd asked for anaesthetic? Either way, I will never be going back to see him.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I know this doctor very well and all the negative reviews are well-founded. He has no professional or personal ethics. He gets truly annoyed by his patients and can't stand interaction with most of them. He expresses disdain for them regularly in private. He truly does only care about getting as many procedures done as possible and brags about doing them faster than all of his colleagues. I did not get my scope done by him even though he offered to get me in immediately because I do not think he is thorough. As someone that knows him very well I would suggest that you see another doctor. There are so many other wonderful doctors that don't despise interacting with you. I don't want to get this doctor disbarred but there are so many other things that make him simply dangerous.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Don't waste you time with this "doctor". I waited for a 5-minutes appointment with hime for 2 months. He didn't care about symptoms, didn't make any tests and obviously wasn't interested in finding the reason for my stomachache. Just prescribed medication that made the situation even worse. When I tried to make another appointment to change the mediation - he advised to start doing yoga. All he wants - to get rid of a patient. Awful.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Never will I go back to this Dr. Diagnosed me with something that did not fit my symptoms at all. Took me off medication my family GP prescribed that was working so I became quite ill. Send him the blood test results by fax followed up with phone call and was told I was fine. Blood work showed otherwise. Saw a different gastro specialist, have been properly diagnosed and on the original medication. This man has not business practicing medicine. He told me I didn't look like someone who has a certain disease because I am overweight. If you are not slim and fit he has no time for you. What about that oath you took Dr Wong????

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I was very nervous about having a colonoscopy especially after reading the reviews. I am extremely happy to report Dr Wang was wonderful. He explained the procedure thoroughly was very kind and respectful. I had the procedure with no anesthetic ( my choice) and had no problem. I rec'd my results right away

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I am quite aware of the preceding reviews and having just come from a mid-morning appointment with him today I felt I had to, in fairness, add my observations. While it is true that he is not particularly chatty and that some people might interpret that as cold and unfeeling I found him very responsive to my questions and very helpful. He did not rush me and was thoughtful in his responses especially when he balanced the risks versus the benefits of medications. He even laughed at a humorous comment I made and offered some reassuring words. Based on my visit today and my two previous encounters with Dr. Wong I think it is way "over the top" to suggest he is a "robot", a "so-called" doctor or generally disrespectful. Specialists generally have a reputation for a poor bedside manner and while Dr. Wong could be a little chummier I don't see this as a particular negative. He has his eye on the ball, focused on his expertise. I'll gladly trade a chatty physician in return for a cancer-free life. SKT

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

This doctor is not human. He is a robot who is out to make as much money as possible.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017