Ratings for Dr. Sheldon Tobe

May 8/17 my first visit. Both Dr. Tobe and his associate Dr. Abdul were very professional, knowledgable, helpful but, above all, hospitable with a good sense of humour thrown in. I received excellent advice how my condition should and would be treated to improve my health and, hopefully increase my lifespan. I like them both.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Tobe is outstanding!. He has helped with blood pressure and kidney function and talked to me about my cholesterol and I know that I am in very capable hands. Bravo Dr. Tobe.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Dr Tobe has literally saved my life on several occasions. He has my kidney (left one) back to good health. He has controlled my blood pressure at a very constant and acceptable degree. He is caring and very intelligent. He diagnosed and referred me for further followup to specialists for problems, which other doctors ignored or otherwise did not investigate further. I had a severe respiratory condition which I struggled with for several months, and although this is not his purview, he listened to my chest and sent me for X-rays right away. The X-rays showed 2 litres of fluid in my chest. He arranged to have me see a respirologist. There were many complications but four surgeries eventually alleviated the condition. Recently, I made a comment to him about another issue unrelated to his specialty, but his intuition led him to believe I may have lupus. He arranged for me to see a rheumatologist, and I was diagnosed positive for lupus, which I am being treated for. My family doctor, who I see several times a year, did not care or was incapable of making these diagnoses. Dr Tobe did. The 4 rating for punctuality is only because he is so busy and there are always a lot of people in the waiting room. Dr Tobe also has emergency cases to tend to.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I found him very intelligent and interested in my problems with my kidneys. He is well respected by his colleagues, that was evident as I observed him interacting with the staff and the nurses in the clinic. I liked him a lot and would recommend him. He has given me peace of mind about my kidneys.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

Cold, callous & insensitive. He should not be working with people. Perhaps he should consider a career in the coroner's office where his talents and bedside manner could be fully appreciated.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

warm and caring and a great staff from personal experience we find him to be the above.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010