Ratings for Dr. Shalin Talwar

Nice enough but cant wait to get the next patient $$ in. Cannot talk about concerns, tells me he does not have time and he rarely gets off his chair to examine you. Just want to get you in and out. I would not go to him for anything serious.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr. Talwar has come a long way in a positive character change. I too had some of the same experiences as others in the past. But seeing him in 2014, I am very pleased with my time with him now. He is tentative, provides further care when needed & is overall a much more pleasant & caring individual.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr. Talwar prides himself on his punctuality. Unfortunately this comes at a cost. He will not probe deeper into any issues, and you have to prompt/initiate any discussion on any concerns, because he is happy to run out the door as soon as possible. He also doesn't like to prescribe prescription meds for long periods (even if you have been on them for a decade). He will trust himself more than you, and this can create hassle.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Great Doctor I don't have any idea how people could think he is arrogant when he is genuinely friendly and kind. It's really hard to find a young knowledgeable doctor in this city and Dr. Talwar is wonderful.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Extremely arrogant! Lacks basic characteristic of a good doctor .. compassion/caring.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

My experiences with this 'doctor' have been brutal. From my very first consultation with him his behaviour has been arrogant almost to the point of rudeness. He does not listen.He appears not to care.His diagnoses are apparently computer generated.At least he spends more time playing with his computer than talking to his patient. He is dismissive of patient concerns. The fact that he has the bedside manner of Hitler would be forgivable if he were a good doctor.He is not. He misdiagnosed my condition. As such my meds were wrong for me. When I voiced concerns his reaction was characteristically belligerent. He seems to have a total disregard for the intelligence,education and feelings of his patients. I have been a patient at the Allin Clinic for many years.Under my previous Doctor there I had no complaints. Far from it. He was a great Doctor.The fact that I now feel forced to go to a walk-in clinic to get proper diagnosis and treatment speaks volumes.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Dr Talwar didn't demonstrate any awareness of my medical history. He then went on to assure me that treatments which had failed in the past might work this time. He also took the position that just because a current treatment wasn't effective didn't mean it wasn't working. I do not recommend him in general and in particular for people with chronic health issues. If you need a doctor who respects the knowledge you have about your body, find someone else.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Dr Talwar is punctual but barely interacted with me. Little eye contact and didn't ask what concerns I may have had--which meant that my ongoing migraine (discussed at my previous appointment) only came up she I insisted. Then my concerns and experience with my migraine was dismissed. The concept of a referral to a neurologist was dismissed in the same sentence the possibility was mentioned. The most helpful part of the encounter was when he suggested that he may not be the gp for me.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

He is only on time because he rushes through patients. A doctor should be compassionate, something he is very far from being. I would seriously advise people to never see this doctor. He is not interested in patients at all. My husband was sick and went to see him. After only 5 min, he brushed it off as stress and ever even got him to do any exams or anything. Why? Why do these people go into medicine if they don't have a heart?!!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

I'm also surprised by all the poor ratings Dr. Talwar has received. I started going to him a year ago and I have been more than happy with him as a doctor. I am in my early 30's though and also a health professional. I feel he treats me with respect and is really easy to talk to. If I have any concerns he is more than happy to do investigate. I have never once felt that he was rushing out the door. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013