Ratings for Dr. Shalin Talwar

I'm surprised at some of the comments. I have been seeing him for 6 years and he has always been efficient with his appointments but has taken some extra time when needed. Sees other family members as well and has helped them through some difficult issues.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2018

He has not been too bad for being on time, however I really get the impression it is all about the money. Come back in a month, make another appointment. He is not very thorough in his examinations.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

When we first chose Dr. Shalin Talwar as our family doctor we were pleased by his punctuality and attentiveness. In fact during our first meeting he told us that he was “always on time” and that his expectation was for us to be on time. Fast forward two years… I’ve had a few prescriptions from Dr. Talwar, specialist referrals, blood tests etc. and have seen him for some ongoing issues. At my last appointment, he was 20 minutes late and then rushed me out of the door after 10 minutes, telling me that I had to book more time if I wanted to talk about my health issues. I felt belittled the entire appointment, almost to the point that it was my fault for my problems because I chose a certain contraceptive. He showed zero compassion and seemed annoyed with the questions I was asking him, rather than trying to provide care as a medical professional. He demonstrated zero knowledge of my prior health concerns and recommended something I had already ruled out as not an option. After my appointment as I was getting dressed, he didn’t knock and came straight into the room to hand me a requisition for blood work. He then proceeded to explain the instruction (while I had no underwear/pants on) and then scurried off to this next appointment. I felt very violated, and felt my time was wasted with no positive outcome. The nurse was very nice.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Nice enough but cant wait to get the next patient $$ in. Cannot talk about concerns, tells me he does not have time and he rarely gets off his chair to examine you. Just want to get you in and out. I would not go to him for anything serious.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr. Talwar has come a long way in a positive character change. I too had some of the same experiences as others in the past. But seeing him in 2014, I am very pleased with my time with him now. He is tentative, provides further care when needed & is overall a much more pleasant & caring individual.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr. Talwar prides himself on his punctuality. Unfortunately this comes at a cost. He will not probe deeper into any issues, and you have to prompt/initiate any discussion on any concerns, because he is happy to run out the door as soon as possible. He also doesn't like to prescribe prescription meds for long periods (even if you have been on them for a decade). He will trust himself more than you, and this can create hassle.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Great Doctor I don't have any idea how people could think he is arrogant when he is genuinely friendly and kind. It's really hard to find a young knowledgeable doctor in this city and Dr. Talwar is wonderful.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Extremely arrogant! Lacks basic characteristic of a good doctor .. compassion/caring.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

My experiences with this 'doctor' have been brutal. From my very first consultation with him his behaviour has been arrogant almost to the point of rudeness. He does not listen.He appears not to care.His diagnoses are apparently computer generated.At least he spends more time playing with his computer than talking to his patient. He is dismissive of patient concerns. The fact that he has the bedside manner of Hitler would be forgivable if he were a good doctor.He is not. He misdiagnosed my condition. As such my meds were wrong for me. When I voiced concerns his reaction was characteristically belligerent. He seems to have a total disregard for the intelligence,education and feelings of his patients. I have been a patient at the Allin Clinic for many years.Under my previous Doctor there I had no complaints. Far from it. He was a great Doctor.The fact that I now feel forced to go to a walk-in clinic to get proper diagnosis and treatment speaks volumes.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Dr Talwar didn't demonstrate any awareness of my medical history. He then went on to assure me that treatments which had failed in the past might work this time. He also took the position that just because a current treatment wasn't effective didn't mean it wasn't working. I do not recommend him in general and in particular for people with chronic health issues. If you need a doctor who respects the knowledge you have about your body, find someone else.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

• Humana - Choice Care Ppo
  • Humana Medicare
Mail Handlers
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Umr