Ratings for Dr. Jeff Plante

I find Dr. Plante to be dismissive and not thorough. I had to argue with him to have my son seen by his specialists in Vancouver, I ended up making the appointment myself because Dr. Plante's office would not make the referral, and as it turns out, I was right with what I suspected!! I have to stay with him because there is such a shortage of Dr's and anything is better than nothing. I like one Dr. who covers for him, but another one I saw was absolutely useless!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Dr Plante has been a blessing! He truly cares for his patients your not just a number. Very knowledgable and sincere. Highly recommend him he's been our family dr for 6 yrs now and couldn't imagine having anyone else take care of my families health needs

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Seems very inexperienced dealing with mental illness. If most of your visits regard that, don't depend on him for anything (especially medication). Has an extreme need to push his own beliefs on patients as more of a paternalistic role than a health care provider. Too many questions answered with "I don't know", "I'm not sure" and no proper diagnosis really given. Just his personal opinions with no knowledge on what to do. Anything I've been diagnosed with by him has been incorrect and I've had to see other doctors to confirm this. I've also been referred to really crappy specialists by him, his friends perhaps? Who knows! He's alright with kids, but again, if it's more than a cold- you may as well see someone who knows what they're dealing with. I've been seeing all kinds of doctors and specialists for over a decade and I've never had a more negative experience within the healthcare system. Ps: Staff aren't the greatest either.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

He really is just the best GP ever. Amazing with kids, wonderful through my pregnancy, and a great Dr to have in the delivery room. He's very nice, approachable, and makes a point to fit the kids in for last minute appointments so you don't have to go to a clinic. I've never waited more than 15 minutes which is completely reasonable; especially since he fits kids in last minute. I'm so appreciative for all his help.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

We've had Dr. Plante for several years now, and he's excellent. He's very good at dealing with kids, he's very approachable and easy to talk to, he's knowledgeable, but when he isn't sure about something, he's perfectly willing to refer to a specialist, or consult other doctors. He also takes his patients' input seriously and listens to what they have to say. They're very busy, which sometimes affects wait times, so I can't give full marks in the punctuality department. Having said that, the blame for that can't rest entirely on Dr. Plante as everyone in the operation is involved in that. Overall, great family GP that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Jeff has been my my GP for 5 yrs. He's a great at telling it like it is . dealing with a chronic disease like mine made most Docs in the past say " suck it it up buttercup" but Jeff said the same thing with empathy and options. Great guy and great clinic.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

best doctor ive ever had and he is awesome with my boys!!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

The staff don't care about the patients all they care about is getting paid. I wouldn't recommend this doctor or office to anyone. His diagnosis are wrong 80% of the time and the staff are not understanding at all. What's the point of having a family doctor if when you need them they aren't there and the staff tells you to go to the emergency room for an infection that could be dealt with at the doctors office all because my Dr is away and they won't let me see the doctor covering for him. Bunch of rude receptionists who don't care if I suffer turned me away.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Fantastic dr. If he doesn't have an answer, he's not afraid to seek consult and then circles back after he has educated himself more on the issue. Very direct and sincere diagnosis and prognosis. All this while being excellent with children

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Fantastic Doctor! Couldn't ask for a better prenatal doctorc he's caring, supportive and fun!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015