Ratings for Dr. Anthony (Tony) Mander

I shopped around for a bit but found Dr Tony to be the best. His secretary is amazing. She runs the whole office. Want something done she will do it straight away. She emails out of hours which I find very reassuring. The testing was pretty simple and the first appointment goes for about 2-3 hours. He didn’t just throw medication at me he went through all my options. The email communication is invaluable as without it I would be booking multiple appointments to ask stupid questions. Highly recommend you seeing this doctor if you want your ADHD/anxiety and depression resolved. He is not the most expensive out there like others suggest. But definitely the most communicative which I need.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I read all the reviews but still went to see Dr Mander as all his real patients speak so highly of him on the ADHD fb page. Glad I listened to them and not all the ignorant wailers on these reviews. As most people know negative reviews are usually a reflection of the person writing them. Bitter, uneducated and mostly bored because they have no job. If they were a real patient that would know that the "monthly fees" are not a must but an option to avoid having to go in to the office every few months like you do with every other doctor. The convenience of not having to have time off work, or look for parking etc is definitely worth $50 a month. It works out cheaper then 3 appointments a year. I guess he is not perfect but who is, I found he put me at ease, laughed and is very educated in his field. He is not cheap, however the first appointment is two hours long and has lots of testing so you can see where the cost goes. This is my second ADD Dr and by far the best yet.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

The warning signs were there when I arrived for a midweek morning appointment and he was hungover from being out with one of his flimsys until 3 in the morning and knocking off a few bottles of red. He just lounged on his couch feeling sorry for himself just waiting to close up shop after I left to go home and sleep it off. Also, he has no admitting rights to any hospital including Hollywood which is bizarre, but this just shows he doesn’t care about his patients other than extracting his monthly management fee, so if you need a emergency admission Dr Mander is as helpful in that area as an ashtray on a motor bike. He is nothing but a shyster and treats mental health nothing more than an avenue to extact money from vunerable people, he is a dangerous especially when he prescribes Dexi or Vyanse at $150 a bottle of 30 to for undiagnosed bi-polar and then is unavailable and unwilling to help when that patient goes into psychosis and cant get admitted. I’m glad to be rid of him and be with a professional psychiatrist not a womanising drunk.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Not sure how there are bad comments. Always professional and let me know exactly what is going on. Secretary is lovely and as long as I stick to my appt and turn up on time its perfect.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I have worked in mental health for 23 years and I have never come across such a doctor. His fees are pretty standard but only if his motive is to help people. He would diagnose my cat with ADHD if I paid him enough to do it. But it's not just his pathological love of money; he is mean, condescending, disrespectful - it's just a sausage factory and doctors like him not only dishonour the practice of medicine overall, but seek to capitalise on an already contentious disorder. Despite the flurry of positive reviews below, which interestingly have come within a suspiciously short timeframe, he has still only managed to bring his rating up to 2.9 out of 5 stars. Be warned, this man is a monster.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Why would you bother writing a review about a psychiatrists fees. He charges those fees because he can and people pay that to see him. I am a legitimate patient of his and he has been nothing been the most caring, knowledgeable and professional Psychiatrist I have ever seen and people complain about his monthly management fee which equals about 2 Appointments a year and you don't have the hassle of having to drive into Nedlands and pay for parking.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

I rang your practice about making an appointment and was told of your horrendous initial consultation fee of approx. $800. You are ripping off your patients. I pay my psychiatrist here in Perth $300, and I get almost half back from Medicare and my GP can coprescribe for the price of a normal doctors fee. Why are you charging people a monthly fee for the same thing. Also why are all your 5 star reviews below written around the same time?

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Dr Tony Mander is the most knowledgeable and compassionate Psychiatrist I have ever seen. He is very down to earth which I find very refreshing and it makes things a lot easier, I feel as though I am Willing to share a lot more with him because he just seems like a normal person. He knows what he's talking about and he explains everything in a way that is easy for people with a non medical background to understand. Not only that but his staff are very friendly but more importantly deliver a very high standard of customer service and efficiently. Any question I have is answered in the same day, I feel as though Dr Mander is available to address any concerns at any time of the day. I wouldn't usually take the time to write a review on google especially on a Dr but I feel as though it is necessary as I have read some previous reviews and although I believe everybody is entitled to their own opinion I think some of these reviews are completely untrue and fabricated! For once Dr Mander and his staff clearly explain the fees and charges before your first appointment, he also provides multiple forms to sign that provide extensive information on his fees, not only that but his website has a lot of information available to anyone on everything from his fees to the process of prescriptions and information on each medication. Seeing Dr Mander has changed my life in a huge way. While I respect everyone's individual opinion I have to disagree with any negative reviews especially those concerning his monthly management fees they work out to be the same amount that it would cost to physically go into his office twice a year not to mention the inconvience of having to travel and pay for parking.

Submitted September 15, 2017

Saw Dr Mander for ADHD treatment. Very knowledgable and very easy to talk to. Explains things in a way that is understandable to people with a non medical background. Any question I have is answered very promptly. He is always available if I have any concerns and I also feel like he treats his patients as his equal and is very down to earth. He isn't cheap to see but I think you have to pay for quality and he is the best psychiatrist I have seen . An absolute asset to ADHD treatment and very caring. Cannot thank or praise Dr Mander enough he has had a huge positive impact he on my life

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr Tony Mander is the most approachable and compassionate Psychiatrist I have ever seen. He is also extremely knowledgeable answering every question I had with great detail. I saw him for ADHD. Seeing Dr Mander has been life changing for me. His whole office is run very efficiently and to a high standard. Any question I have is answered in the same day via email. His fees are expensive but defientely worth it. They are also clearly explained by the staff before hand.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017