Ratings for Dr. Anthony (Tony) Mander

Dr Mander is a fantastic doctor in every respect. Dr Mander goes above and beyond for his patients; he is highly knowledgeable and experienced in his field but is also really approachable, and always has a kind word. Also, Olivia at reception is without fail always incredibly helpful and efficient. I would highly recommend Dr Mander and his practice to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

I have known Dr Tony for many years. He and his staff have always provided me with first class care and attention. Fees are clearly discussed and nothing is too much trouble. As a busy professional I appreciate not always having to attend the office. Parking in the area will become more of a challenge with the opening of the childrens hospital

flag | Submitted July 14, 2018

Our son has been attending Dr Tony for six years. As expected from a professional of his standard and experience, he has guided my son, and our family, through many challenges. He has a great rapport with our son and caters to his changing needs. As well as treating our son, Dr Tony makes time to advise and guide us as parents of an ADD child. Emails are answered very quickly, sometimes even outside office hours and at weekends. Dr Tony’s staff are very efficient and do as much as they can in support of us. His secretary, Olivia, is a blessing when I have forgotten to request scripts or need that supportive letter. In relation to his charges, we find these are not expensive and worth the services he provides.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2018

I was a 'legitimate' patient and received an email prior to my appointment telling me that if I didn't sign the form consenting to the monthly servicing fee of $77 dollars he wouldn't see me. It certainly is a 'must'. Money hungry creep. He is well-known to solicit positive reviews from patients as his reputation is so bad. Here and on his Facebook page (where there are heaps of terrible reviews unless they've all been deleted) have a bunch of really positive reviews all very suspiciously close to one another in dates. He thinks people are stupid and can't see through the dollar signs in front of his eyes. Plenty of kind and ethical ADHD psychs out there. This guy is dangerous and cruel, his reputation precedes him and although there will definitely be patients he has helped, they are well in the minority. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

It's all about the money! Yes, he has the knowledge but the receptionist is ultra rude and very very cold - seems to be a good doctor, but you need to get past the gate-keeper on the reception desk - nasty nasty nasty

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

I am very grateful for the treatment Dr Mander has provided me that has improved my life significantly over the last few years. He is very welcoming and a lovely person to talk to.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Unfortunately due to medical condition I could no longer use dex for my add/adhd. Prior to that I credit Dr mander for saving my life... I was extremely depressed as well Cest last vie Frank Thorson

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

I shopped around for a bit but found Dr Tony to be the best. His secretary is amazing. She runs the whole office. Want something done she will do it straight away. She emails out of hours which I find very reassuring. The testing was pretty simple and the first appointment goes for about 2-3 hours. He didn’t just throw medication at me he went through all my options. The email communication is invaluable as without it I would be booking multiple appointments to ask stupid questions. Highly recommend you seeing this doctor if you want your ADHD/anxiety and depression resolved. He is not the most expensive out there like others suggest. But definitely the most communicative which I need.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I read all the reviews but still went to see Dr Mander as all his real patients speak so highly of him on the ADHD fb page. Glad I listened to them and not all the ignorant wailers on these reviews. As most people know negative reviews are usually a reflection of the person writing them. Bitter, uneducated and mostly bored because they have no job. If they were a real patient that would know that the "monthly fees" are not a must but an option to avoid having to go in to the office every few months like you do with every other doctor. The convenience of not having to have time off work, or look for parking etc is definitely worth $50 a month. It works out cheaper then 3 appointments a year. I guess he is not perfect but who is, I found he put me at ease, laughed and is very educated in his field. He is not cheap, however the first appointment is two hours long and has lots of testing so you can see where the cost goes. This is my second ADD Dr and by far the best yet.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

The warning signs were there when I arrived for a midweek morning appointment and he was hungover from being out with one of his flimsys until 3 in the morning and knocking off a few bottles of red. He just lounged on his couch feeling sorry for himself just waiting to close up shop after I left to go home and sleep it off. Also, he has no admitting rights to any hospital including Hollywood which is bizarre, but this just shows he doesn’t care about his patients other than extracting his monthly management fee, so if you need a emergency admission Dr Mander is as helpful in that area as an ashtray on a motor bike. He is nothing but a shyster and treats mental health nothing more than an avenue to extact money from vunerable people, he is a dangerous especially when he prescribes Dexi or Vyanse at $150 a bottle of 30 to for undiagnosed bi-polar and then is unavailable and unwilling to help when that patient goes into psychosis and cant get admitted. I’m glad to be rid of him and be with a professional psychiatrist not a womanising drunk.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017