Ratings for Dr. Timothy J. Johans

Where do I start. First off, he pressured me into my cervical fusion and ridiculed me when I was considering my options as far as calling me "Thoughless & Stupid". I went through the Surgery anyways because I was in Immense Pain, but the next morning when he came into my recovery room, he told me to "Shut Up" and would not let me ask questions about the procedure because he was busy and had other patients to see. I have had a family member also retain him for a lower lumbar surgery and we compared our experience with Dr. Johans and we both agreed he was not people friendly. At least I wasn't singled out by Johans, and I guess he just treats all patients in that manner. I would not recommend retaining him as your doctor, I have had pain after the surgery and he doesn't give me the time of day. My Assessment of Dr. Johans is very unfavorable, avoid him at all cost.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2007

He was the most rude physician I have ever encountered. He talked down to my father who had questions regarding my surgery, also he would not let me get a question in edge wise to him about the complications of my spinal surgery. A very rude man, I pity all of those he treats as badly as he did myself, and my family. He is not good with people, I would never retain him as my doctor ever, ever again.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2007

The Doctor saved my husbands life when he had less then a 10% chance of walking out of the hospital. He was very compassionate and shook my husbands hand when he was sent home, and allowed me to be with my husband directly before the surgery where your usually not allowed, fighting off the nurses. I would call him again in a heartbeat if we needed him.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2006

this man saved my life. period. end of discussion. sorry if you were too much of a pain in the ass to not accept the help he was trying to give you. this doctor was one of the first people in the western hemisphere to even bother with deep brain stimulation. and look now. the researd and progress is amazing. he is an unbelievable healer. he also has something that no other doctor that i have ever seen has had. he is truly truly compassionate about his patients. he cries with you, and really feels your pain. he is amazing. check him out before you bother with anyone else.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2006

Whatever this doctor does it will not be what you agree on and every surgery will leave you 10 times worse off than you were before. If he does a discectomy he hacks out the intraspinous ligaments instead of going around them and hacks out half the disc. When he punches a hole in your nerve root and it begins leaking spinal fluid he does not try to fix the damage but sews you back up leaving a permanent leak inside your body. Then he tries to put you on Neurotin. When you finally get another doctor to fuse your now missing, collapsed disc and spinal fluid leak the new doctor will not help you with a lawsuit but will tell you you are lucky to be alive.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2006

Dr. Timothy J. Johans's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)