Ratings for Dr. Timothy J. Johans

Dr. Johans and his staff are top notch. I had suffered with nerve pain for about two months before seeing Dr. Johans. He knew exactly what was wrong and I had surgery within the week. I did not need ANY pain meds post op and the nerve pain was completely gone. I would recommend Dr. Johans to anyone who needs a neuro surgeon. He is absolutely the BEST!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

Dr. Johans was in my room with me for about 5 minutes and I found he was full of himself. I felt he was rude to his assistants. I was notified three days later that they received authorization for my surgery. $74 thousand plus later I am having a hard time getting a copy of that authorization letter from Dr. Johans. My pain doctor is even trying to help me received it and to no avail. I work in the law and I have never seen a doctor like Dr. Johans character. Furthermore, I know have to go back in for the same surgery Dr. Johans already has done for him to fix what he did wrong in placing my machine. My machine is suppose to go into my hip and he put it in my rib where I fill it ripping my skin inside. I have been informed I have to pay for this surgery again instead of Dr. Johans. I will support and help my insurance company, TriCare in the lawsuit.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

I have never in my life been treated so rudely by a Dr as I was by Dr Johans.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Dr. Johans is very kind and concerned with the patients well being. I would highly recommend him! I felt like he was sincerely worried about my symptoms and took my concerns seriously and addressed them quickly.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Dr. Johans spent a lot of time and energy helping me with an appeals process to that I would qualify for a cervical artificial disc. I am one year out and my surgery was very successful; I have full range of motion. I do not anticipate the need for further surgery which is the normal evolution in a standard fusion as the disc space above and below is overused to failure. Overall I can’t say enough good things about his care.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

I liked and trusted Dr. Johans immediately and was happy to have cervical fusion 6 days later. He IS very busy and may seem abrupt, but as his patient I felt I had his undivided attention. I was in intense pain for 2 months prior to surgery. After surgery I never needed a single pain pill, much to my surprise. I assumed that with all the work he did (replacing discs and removing bone spurs and putting screws in my neck) I would have substantial post-op pain. Instead, I have had a new lease on life for a whole year now. I highly recommend Dr. Johans to anyone needing neurosurgery. He is very qualified, yet as humble as his credentials allow.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

Dr. Johans did extensive surgery on my back. He and his staff were exemplary in their profossionalism, dedication to their craft and attention to their patient (me). He's a dedicated and skilled surgeon and doctor. I would recommend him to anyone who needs neurosurgery.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

He cares more for his cash cow, insurance company, Than his patients. Listens to the insurance rep. than his patient. Another doctor in Idaho sellng out.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Johans is one of the most thoughtful, honest doctors I have ever dealt with. He will not sugar coat it and the information may be scary and hard to deal with, but he is 100% honest and forthcoming and at the end of the day that is the kind of doctor want. I also want a doctor that is confident enough in his ability to take charge of the situation. He is a virtuous who has my full respect and I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

He broke his neck and was out for a while - then he got me in '05 - His diagnosis, procedures, treatment and prognosis have been spot on - my arms/hands work again, my neck is flexible and the overall pain was nil - he knows about cellular memory - my stenosis keeps on and I'll be back next year for a tune-up -- Don't let his attitude put you off - he'll listen and, if you have good supporting evidence, he'll consider it - the NEW orth-scopic procedures are his speciality.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

Dr. Timothy J. Johans's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Healthnet