Ratings for Dr. Timothy J. Johans

I felt confidence in Dr. Johans abilities. His staff was attentive and careing. My experience with appointments, surgery and follow up was excellent. My surgery/treatment was successful and my recovery is on track. Full recovery is anticipated.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Dr Johan is a great surgeon. I've had two cervical fusions by him with great results. I appreciate how he tells you how it is rather than sugar coat the problem. Great scar, only 3 months out and can hardly tell where the scar is and it is on my neck, no hiding it. I'd recommend him to anyone who wants the best.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Dr. Johans and his staff are top notch. I had suffered with nerve pain for about two months before seeing Dr. Johans. He knew exactly what was wrong and I had surgery within the week. I did not need ANY pain meds post op and the nerve pain was completely gone. I would recommend Dr. Johans to anyone who needs a neuro surgeon. He is absolutely the BEST!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

Dr. Johans was in my room with me for about 5 minutes and I found he was full of himself. I felt he was rude to his assistants. I was notified three days later that they received authorization for my surgery. $74 thousand plus later I am having a hard time getting a copy of that authorization letter from Dr. Johans. My pain doctor is even trying to help me received it and to no avail. I work in the law and I have never seen a doctor like Dr. Johans character. Furthermore, I know have to go back in for the same surgery Dr. Johans already has done for him to fix what he did wrong in placing my machine. My machine is suppose to go into my hip and he put it in my rib where I fill it ripping my skin inside. I have been informed I have to pay for this surgery again instead of Dr. Johans. I will support and help my insurance company, TriCare in the lawsuit.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

I have never in my life been treated so rudely by a Dr as I was by Dr Johans.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Dr. Johans is very kind and concerned with the patients well being. I would highly recommend him! I felt like he was sincerely worried about my symptoms and took my concerns seriously and addressed them quickly.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Dr. Johans spent a lot of time and energy helping me with an appeals process to that I would qualify for a cervical artificial disc. I am one year out and my surgery was very successful; I have full range of motion. I do not anticipate the need for further surgery which is the normal evolution in a standard fusion as the disc space above and below is overused to failure. Overall I can’t say enough good things about his care.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

I liked and trusted Dr. Johans immediately and was happy to have cervical fusion 6 days later. He IS very busy and may seem abrupt, but as his patient I felt I had his undivided attention. I was in intense pain for 2 months prior to surgery. After surgery I never needed a single pain pill, much to my surprise. I assumed that with all the work he did (replacing discs and removing bone spurs and putting screws in my neck) I would have substantial post-op pain. Instead, I have had a new lease on life for a whole year now. I highly recommend Dr. Johans to anyone needing neurosurgery. He is very qualified, yet as humble as his credentials allow.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

Dr. Johans did extensive surgery on my back. He and his staff were exemplary in their profossionalism, dedication to their craft and attention to their patient (me). He's a dedicated and skilled surgeon and doctor. I would recommend him to anyone who needs neurosurgery.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

He cares more for his cash cow, insurance company, Than his patients. Listens to the insurance rep. than his patient. Another doctor in Idaho sellng out.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Timothy J. Johans's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

• BCBS Tennessee