Ratings for Dr. Sam F. Farid

My daughter was seen by Dr Lloyd and Dr Warren in this practice last week, they saved her life. Her regular doc misdiagnosised a m/c-she never miscarried, it was ectopic. Her regular OB (Ngo) never did a pelvic after he prescribed a drug to clear out her uterus. She complained of pain & her calls were not returned; he only ever ordered labs to ck her HCG levels. She made 3 ER trips and 4 UC visits always being referred back to her OB who only ordered labs. An UC doc ordered an u/s that showed a mass in her tube. Her OB was out of town with no on call she was told. ER referred her to another doc but he refused to take her. Finally we were referred to Dr Farids office and she was seen by Dr Lloyd. He examined her, read the u/s report & scheduled her for surgery that afternoon. Dr Warren did the surgery. She had a ruptured tube and abdominal bleeding. The tube was removed & her life was saved. Dr Lloyd sat w/ my daughter before surgery.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2012

I felt descriminated against by Dr. Lloyd. I called the office to find out where to go for the pain and numbness I was feeling in my lower back legs and thighs, the girl said the er. He came into my room and said "So whats wrong with your legs?" I told him it wasnt just my legs it was my back my legs my thighs and my vagina kept going numb. Also a shooting pain down my back, he looked at me disgusted and pulled my gown down over my stomach while telling me I was too overwieght and that is why I had back problems! I said I dont have back problems, he continued you have to have back problems and begin to diagnose my thyroid based on my prescription. WALKED AWAY ANGRILY AND TURNED AND CAME AT ME TO SAY" I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU CAME HERE INSTEAD OF CALLING THE OFFICE, DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH OF OUR TAX DOLLARS ARE WASTED IN WELFARE BECAUSE OF THESE USELESS VISITS? 32%I DONT WANT TO GIVE YOU NARCOTICS FOR THE PAIN BECUASE IT WOULD NOT HURT THE BABY NOW, BUT MAY WITHDRAWAL LATER." THANKS ALOT DR.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

I saw Dr. Farid back in 2004 with my first child so with my now third I decided to go back. In the weeks that i've been seeing them I have seen 4 doctors none of which are Farid. 2 of them were not helpful at all and just rushed through my appt didn't explain anything to me and asked if I had any questions with one foot out of the door. The other two Warren and Lloyd I liked they listened to me and explained issues that needed explaining (i'm a high risk pregnancy). If I could see just those two I would. The staff does answer the phone with hold please 10 mins later they pick up and ask you to hold again and sometimes they forget who you were and what you wanted after being on hold for 15 mins. Also long wait most of the time. You also have to bug them if you want someone to call you back like a nurse or Dr.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

For years I heard he was great but with my second son I only saw him a couple of times & he didnt even deliver my son,he is very rude horrible bedside manners,& doesnt care about any concerns you have or complications. I was sent to him because I was hemorrhaging & I had an inlarged uterus him & his staff told me I could have uterine cancer then cancelled the biopsy & said never mind I only needed birth control pills & didnt want to see me for 3 months didnt bother to answer my questions just told me he was the doctor not me. Horrible doctor will never see him in my life again & defenetly never refer him to anybody I know!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

I used this doctor through our my whole pregnancy. He is a great doctor. At the time, not sure about now he had to doctors that worked with him in his office. I saw all three of them and they all helped me understand everything and helped me make every decision I needed to make with all the knowledge I needed. The staff was wonderful. They took a while some days to get to my appointment but I never waited too long. I enjoyed my experience with this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010