Ratings for Dr. Fred Kozak

I wish I could even see this DR in PERSON to GET an apt for my 4 year old son. BUT.. despite having at LEAST 80% air way blockage (his own diagnosis from 3 years ago), and for the last 6 months consistently stopping breathing through the night, EVERY NIGHT, I was told to take a 5 min "video" and send it in. Well... for 3 weeks I followed up nearly daily. Today I learn "well.. that 5 min video didn't show severe sleep apnea so the Dr. won't be seeing your son". Last time I checked, when a doctor gets a referral from a GP... and has previously seen the same patient AND diagnosed that patient with a significant blockage of an airway... and had copious notes regarding a fairly sudden and severe increase in Apnea... the doctor would TAKE 10 MINS AND ACTUALLY LAY LIVE REAL NON-YOUTUBE FILTERED EYES ON THE ACTUAL PATIENT! He should sign up to be part of Dr. Phil's Dr. app... where you never have to set eyes/hands on a patient. seems to be much more his speed. At his point I just hope the next Dr. actually likes to lay eyes on a patient BEFORE they diagnosis.... and maybe takes the life of a 4 YEAR OLD WHO STOPS BREATHING EVERYTHING SINGLE NIGHT seriously. Cause this Dr. Kozak character doesn't

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I'm not sure what the deal is with the negative comments below, but Dr. Kozak is amazing as is his staff. When my own doctor's office screwed up in getting a referral and following up, I called his office and his assistant was extremely helpful. Furthermore, he was fabulous at every subsequent appointment. His bedside manner and sense of humour is fantastic. Love him. Wouldn't want my kids to see anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

He removed an earring from my daughters throat 5 years ago... He did a great job, he explain us the situation, and what could happen, he was awesome and I'm thankful with him. He told me the day we were there that he had a busy schedule and he was tired, and he would prefer to make the surgery the next day, so he could be there 100% I'm glad he did, surgery took less than 1 hour and we were able to go back home the next day. Now my son is in need of some ear checking and has been referral to Children's Hospital... I'm hoping we can see him again. <3

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

I had Kozak back when I was of age to go to children's hospital... out of the 4 specialist I've had he was the best... first specialist missed my chlostiotomia. I found it at about age 10 pulling my finger outta my ear soaked in blood.. the referred Dr Noel I have now doesn't listen.... 15 years of telling him I have pain from all the reconstructive surgery I've had, apparently bone skin and muscle graphs shouldn't hurt... 15 years of pushing and I'm finally 3 months away from seeing someone... feel lucky you get Kozak.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Good Doctor, very helpful and very supportive staff.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Warning! Very Bad, botched a surgery and left my son with a permanent tracheostomy. In Canada the bad doctors are very well protected. Stay Far Away from him he will ruin you child's life.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Very traumatizing experience for my 3 year old daughter. I was instructed to forcibly hold my daughter still (arms, body and head) so he could perform his exam. My daughter was terrified! No friendly hello, bed-side manner is non-existent! Will never see this Dr. again!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I am living today because of this doctor , thankful for him every day , he performed emergency brain surgery on me .

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

Very rude doctor, rushes to get me out of his office and explains things in a hurry. Staff is also extremely rude.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Wonderful ,I have no words how I thanks to Dr. Kozak . He is God for my baby. He did cochlea surgery . I pray to God for Dr. Kozak . He may live long long. May God fulfill your all desire.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014